You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Axl Rose To Talk "Guns N Roses" on Jmmy Kimmel Live(Not Happening)

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I don't think it's a swindle either. There was a lot of speculation over the years about what the grudge was even about. It would not surprise me at all if there were third parties feeding a ton of bullshit to both guys and they bought it hook, line, and sinker. Then talk to each other and realize the whole thing is a bunch of nonsense. Sad that it took so long.

Basically the yes men and sycophants playing their games. Also interesting it happened once Perla was out of the equation.

Crazy if it really was those damn Snakepit demos that brought it crashing down. When reading CD Whispers that's basically how it plays out.

Snakepit definitely wasn't worth it. 14

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

that recent pic of Axl doesn't fill me with hope (it's rumoured it was taken within the last week), he's obviously been working on vocals then because he hasn't been eating any less pies.

AtariLegend wrote:

This might sound cynical, but wouldn't it be better for "them" if just incase something goes wrong that their isn't a performance until the tour. That way the promoters and the band have already made alot of the money, before word gets out?

I'm just playing devil advocate, I'm sure it won't go badly.

James

James wrote:

Yeah I think we might not see them all together until Coachella. Maybe pics or something like that. As long as we get small updates every so often they can ride the buzz all the way to Coachella.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I got my dvr set big_smile

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

It would be an absolute gas if Ax would come up and say,

'To me, it's more like getting some of the alumni on stage to get it over with... the whole thing is more about promoting the next Guns album...'

James

James wrote:

Yeah and the next five minutes would be spent with me wiping the shit off my ass and throwing my pants in the washer...

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Hopefully that won't be televised.

My point is,

We may get a hybrid lineup.
The world would see it as a reunion.
Axl could see that as 'returning members' / alumni.

We may get new music.
The world would see it as tour promotion.
Axl could see that as a continuation of his vision.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - CD2 as such has little commercial value.
Put Slash on a few tracks and its commercial prospects shoot through the roof.
Showing up on stage with Slash could well be his way to make ends meet.

James

James wrote:

Yeah with Slash and Duff back in it would turn into most anticipated album of 2016 if it gets mentioned by any of those three guys. The general public doesn't even know about it so it doesn't have the Chinese stigma attached to it. Let's say they dropped Atlas Shrugged next month to  promote the upcoming tour. That song has a long history for us. To anyone else it's a brand new GNR song featuring Axl and Slash.

Brand new GNR album could just as easily be similar to what Ron and Frank did with CD but this time its Slash and Duff. I hope so anyways because its probably our only real hope of getting it.

Would have been interesting had the reunion happened in 2005-06. CD itself would have been in the same situation as CD II is now.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah with Slash and Duff back in it would turn into most anticipated album of 2016 if it gets mentioned by any of those three guys. The general public doesn't even know about it so it doesn't have the Chinese stigma attached to it. Let's say they dropped Atlas Shrugged next month to  promote the upcoming tour. That song has a long history for us. To anyone else it's a brand new GNR song featuring Axl and Slash.

Brand new GNR album could just as easily be similar to what Ron and Frank did with CD but this time its Slash and Duff. I hope so anyways because its probably our only real hope of getting it.

Would have been interesting had the reunion happened in 2005-06. CD itself would have been in the same situation as CD II is now.

Rock industry is dead. Most anticipated albums for this year will be some pop or rap junk.

Board footer