You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Making a Murderer

PaSnow wrote:
johndivney wrote:

10 episodes actually. A bit too long, especially at like 1hour per ep.

We'll see what happens, but I think I'll agree with you.  Dateline does stories like this in 1-2 hours, same with documentaries.  As I said, I'll wait it out if I make it the 10 eps, so far though, I'm on the fence. I'll watch another 2 episodes soon & decide whether to finish.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I watched the first 5 episodes last night

Man that nephew is all kinda dumb

I fact the whole family is something. ..ep1 they mention Steven Avery has an IQ of 70 and I think he is the smart one in the family 16

I mean he definately is getting unfair treatment but he hasn't done much to help himself either at least at the beginning

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Neemo I binged last night & watched eps 3-5.  Yeah, can't believe it went this direction, as I thought 'where there's smoke there's fire' sorta thing.  I agree tho, turns out so far he's seeming like the smart one.  I'll wait till the end tho to see how this all wraps up.

One thing about this show though, I fear it's walking a fine line of new Reality TV & bordering on sensationalism of these type of events.  Also, OT I kinda wish Netflix would revert to releasing shows weekly.  This first season seems to have gone viral, & is pretty well mentioned on FB & at work.  I think Season 2 would be better off releasing 1 ep per week.  Then again that goes against what Netflix has done so far, and they seem to know what they're doing.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Anyone catch this hottie reporter? She's in episodes 5,6 and 7 I think.

CXSC9UiU0AEV8pt.png

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Yea I noticed her lol...I remeber that scene actually

That prosecutor for the county is a douchebag....she listens to his comment and her face us just like "WTF, Really!?" Lol

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

That prosecutor is a reward that keeps giving. Stay tuned for the last ep. is my advice.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

The complete lack of emotion from the teenager is what bothers me.   He just come across as blank.. or numb.  I don't think the kid had any clue what he was saying.

I'm not sure if Avery is guilty of this crime or not.. but I think the case deserves a fresh look.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I need to check this show out. Too many people have mentioned it and I am very interested in crime shows/documentaries.

One thing about this show though, I fear it's walking a fine line of new Reality TV

THis is why I so rarely watch TV anymore. I hate the reality culture and I really wish something could come along and take its place.

Anyone catch this hottie reporter?

Hottie reporters one of the main reasons to watch news now but at the same time I find it incredibly sad that sex sells the news.

I'd prefer we go back to the era of Brokaw yet at the same time I used to wake up an hour earlier than usual years ago just to watch E.D. Hill and Juliet Huddy on Fox and Friends.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

Just finished it...that prosecutor is a douchebag

The whole case is so fucked up...on one hand u gotta say that everyone is out to get him...on the other hand...how could it be possible to have a conspiracy that big for really such an irrelevant case in the grand scheme of things? Sure it's terrible that a woman lost her life and that these 2 guys are spending large amount of time in jail...but it's 3 people in an obscure town in Wisconsin ... what gives?

polluxlm

polluxlm wrote:

I don't think they claim it was a conspiracy. More of a snowball effect. He first got put away because he had a bad reputation and he got in trouble with the wife of a police officer. That lead to him being the suspect in the rape case, and looking like the real perp he got put away. When he got exonerated and sued the police, they were just waiting for a chance to bust him on something, anything. The officers were personally liable for the suit, which could land them a million in debt.

Whether or not he is innocent is irrelevant imo. The conduct by the police is what is scary here.

Board footer