You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Looks like rehearsals have started!

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

I agree...and I never thought I'd say it...but 4tus makes the most sense

Yeah ever since the hybrid concept started I've had to force myself into realizing its the legit option as well.

AtariLegend wrote:

Keep in mind Dead Dasies were due to record an album this February  according to a Fortus interview at some point last year.

Departures appear to indicate the pair will be part of Guns N' Roses reunion

Richard Fortus and Dizzy Reed have left their roles in the Dead Daisies – strongly suggesting they will be part of the reunited Guns N' Roses lineup.

Guitarist Fortus and keyboard player Reed have stepped down to be part of "a momentous project in 2016," the Dead Daisies have confirmed.

Former Whitesnake and Dio guitarist Doug Aldrich has joined the Dead Daisies as they get to work on a new album with producer Marti Fredericksen in Nashville for SPV Records.

Aldrich joins bassist Marco Mendoza, guitarist David Lowy, singer John Corabi and drummer Brian Tichy in the supergroup.

Aldrich says: "I'm very, very happy to join my friends Marco, Brian, John and David in the next chapter of The Dead Daisies. I love the band and I'm looking forward to getting busy on the new record.

"This band is bringing back a raw, back to the bones sound that a lot of groups go for but The Dead Daisies are looking to nail. At this point in time, we are looking to have a kick ass Rock 'n Roll album in the can by spring 2016."

Fortus adds: "When we started speaking about finding someone to replace me, the first suggestion I had was Doug Aldrich. It doesn't get any better than Doug in my book. I am so happy that he is able and willing to step in and take over.

"I think that it will elevate the band to the next level. Thanks to everyone that has supported the Daisies over the last couple of years. Stay tuned to see what they come up with next. I'm sure you won't be disappointed."

Lowy says that, while they will miss Reed and Fortus, the band are excited about the future.

He adds: "It's been a privilege and a pleasure to write, record and perform with such talented world-class musicians and all-around great guys. I've personally learned so much from both of them.

"We're very excited to announce Doug Aldrich will be joining The Dead Daisies in the lead guitar role. Doug was Richard's first pick to replace him. He's a highly accomplished musician, performer and songwriter and we're really looking forward to Doug joining us as the Dead Daisies adventure rolls on."

Slash and Axl Rose will reunite for the first time since 1993 when they perform two Las Vegas shows and at Coachella this year.

The Dead Daisies released their second album Revolucion last year.

Source: http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/20 … ad-daisies

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

So looks like we just need to know about a drummer and whether there will be 2 or 3 touring guitarists

James

James wrote:

Yeah that seals Fortus and Dizzy involvement. It was already assumed of course but this confirms it.

Axl
Slash
Duff
Fortus
Dizzy
Pitman

The rest is up in the air publicly. Ferrer went to LA at that key moment in time but nothing else mentioned.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Dizzy, was no question.  he's been there for 25 years, no reason to go get a new keyboard player and he obviously works well with Axl.

Not surprised Fortus is staying in the band.    Good for him.    If Izzy can't be involved, Fortus is the best option.. he's been playing the songs for 15 years, has a good stage presence, and should be an interesting compliment to Slash.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Richard is the best choice period. More technically proficient. I personally feel Izzy's been out of the game for too long. Izzy to me should have a studio presence, but I don't see Izzy touring and/or doing anything more than a guest spot for a few songs here and there. Richard & Tommy of the new GN'R guys had the most old GN'R to them. Richard will fit right in.

Dizzy was a lock. Hell, Dizzy was more of a lock than Slash & Duff. 16

I still am curious what the drummer situation is. I also don't think Pitman is a lock yet. Especially after how TB handled is publicly announcing his involvement. They might as well just told him "whoa there bud. Don't count your chickens before they hatch. Don't call us, we'll call you!"

I think Chris will be there, but still it's a little bizarre.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if the thing with Chris was just something simple like they were trying to negotiate the vegas shows as the first reunion shows and everyone going on about chocella was annoying the promoter....so they told chris to shut up about it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

More than likely they told him to keep it on the DL, and he got too chatty.

Axl, Slash & Duff, Richard, Dizzy & Frank, and even Steven & Matt have went media dark (which leads me to believe they are in on it).

Chris "Mother Goose" Pitman had become the official GN'R spokesman on social media and it kind of just got to the point they told him, "we love you, but shut the fuck up".

Everybody else isn't saying anything. But yet GNR's official twitter is making official statements. The last one they did reeked of Axl getting a message out, without actually confirming it was him.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I would take anything from the "Guns N' Roses" page to be at least approved by Axl.

James

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

I wonder if the thing with Chris was just something simple like they were trying to negotiate the vegas shows as the first reunion shows and everyone going on about chocella was annoying the promoter....so they told chris to shut up about it.

I also don't think Pitman is a lock yet.

He whipped up the Star Wars teaser trailer. He's a lock. We just don't know his exact role yet.

Board footer