You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Izzy reportedly in GN'R and wrote new music

James wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

I suspected that Niven was referring to the 2015 reports of Duff and Izzy writing together, which we all knew about.  Now, it would seem that's been confirmed after Izzy's latest tweets.

Yeah...the fan base jumped the gun on that info that's for sure.

We're just starved for new material. IMO they are likely to do something with some vault tracks long before writing something new.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Not necessarily. I definitely think anything new that CAN BE worked on, will never see the light of day until Slash & Duff touch it up.

But I do think some of the EDM-shit, Pitman-infused stuff, Dizzy-wrote stuff, Bucket-wrote stuff, the almost prog-rock like stuff... will just be held over, along with that Brain-remix album, live shit album, and whatever scraps, for GNR's "Echo of Miles" release down the line.

However, we WILL hear NEW Slash & Duff GN'R music with Axl, Rich, Frank, Dizzy & Chris before we ever hear anything from the older vault stuff imo.

I also think only select songs from the vault will be touched up by Slash & Duff. I don't think they're gonna go in and re-arrange the last 20 years of Axl's creative life. That's not gonna happen.

James

James wrote:

I also think only select songs from the vault will be touched up by Slash & Duff. I don't think they're gonna go in and re-arrange the last 20 years of Axl's creative life. That's not gonna happen.

Oh I definitely agree there. They're not gonna add touches to what was formerly called CD II. They'll listen to it, cherry pick the best tracks(please god let there be good stuff there), and build from that.

If they release a Telephantasm during the reunion tour, I could easily see 2 or 3 CD II songs they liked and worked on being added to it to promote the tour.

I always wondered what Atlas Shrugged sounds like. I hope Slash and Duff like it. 14

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

See I don't even know if CD II songs will make the cut on a GN'R Telephantasm (still one of the great GH sets).

I think it'd be far more likely to see something that is like a Black Rain from back in the day that never got made.

I still think they'll go more the route of Motley Crue's "Red, White & Crue" set, that featured three new songs. One rocker. One ballad. One cover. Boom, tour behind it for at least a year, if not more.

Left over rocker from back in the day. Axl ballad lying around that's 99% complete from the Chinese sessions (think the next SOD or TIL). And a cover song, maybe a Slash, Richard & Duff take with Axl on "Sway" or an official studio cut of "I Was Only Joking" or "Riff Raff".

That's not really asking much of them. At all. Most of the groundwork is already laid, and just needs some fleshing. Throw some best-of tunes, and some studio-fixed live cuts, maybe the Farm Aid performance of "Civil War" cleaned up. Stuff like that.

They could work that thing for up to 2 years.

James

James wrote:

I agree a Telephantasm is possible without any CD related material touching it. I'm just hoping for some of those tracks. I would buy a GNR GH that includes any demos, even ones we've heard since they'll be in HQ. Those SG box sets were incredible and while getting to hear their mythical track Kristi was great, getting all the demos we heard properly released was the highlight.

Aint Going Down was never heard on a mainstream level. Redo that.

Nightcrawler
Sentimental Movie (ugh...but might be fixable)
Bring It Back Home
Just Another Sunday

or the two TSI leftovers...

Beer N A Cigarette

Down on the Street

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

(please god let there be good stuff there)

Don't have to worry on that account. Axl's creativity has been his only saving grace these last 25 years.

johndivney wrote:

Oh funhouse... The greatest fucking record of all time. The devil's own house band.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Major Mayhem wrote:

I suspected that Niven was referring to the 2015 reports of Duff and Izzy writing together, which we all knew about.  Now, it would seem that's been confirmed after Izzy's latest tweets.

Yeah...the fan base jumped the gun on that info that's for sure.

We're just starved for new material. IMO they are likely to do something with some vault tracks long before writing something new.

That's what I thought, just because he was writing with "one" former member of GN'R, doesn't mean he was writing officially with "GN'R". But people will read or hear what they want to fit their own agenda.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Not necessarily. I definitely think anything new that CAN BE worked on, will never see the light of day until Slash & Duff touch it up.

But I do think some of the EDM-shit, Pitman-infused stuff, Dizzy-wrote stuff, Bucket-wrote stuff, the almost prog-rock like stuff... will just be held over, along with that Brain-remix album, live shit album, and whatever scraps, for GNR's "Echo of Miles" release down the line.

However, we WILL hear NEW Slash & Duff GN'R music with Axl, Rich, Frank, Dizzy & Chris before we ever hear anything from the older vault stuff imo.

I don't think so man, Axl was working on the CD II stuff recently, and Slash was laying stuff down. I can pretty much guarantee you that CD II was part of the deal moving ahead.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I still think they'll go more the route of Motley Crue's "Red, White & Crue" set, that featured three new songs. One rocker. One ballad. One cover. Boom, tour behind it for at least a year, if not more.

Considering how long Axl tends to take to record - even on UYI - that would make sense - a handful of songs is an achievable target - an album has a lot of psychological pressure - even for the old guys - it has to stack up. 2 or 3 songs not so much.

The easy thing to do would be to grab 2 songs from the vault that are less industrial and rock them up with Slash and Duff overdubbed. Extra value if they can find one with some 1999 era vocals as then it will really sound like Axl.

I doubt it would happen but I still fancy some redone CD1 songs. Considering the alternate 'don't cry' and slower 'you're crazy' there's some precedent for it.

Something like "This I love" with the alternate high pitch axl vocals from the leak, and then with Slash added. Go nicely on a hits record me thinks.

Board footer