You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: MATT SORUM Refuses To Comment On GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Lineup

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Someone posted on GN'R Truth that Eddie Trunk reported last night on his radio show Slash's agent told him there would be no interviews or press conference. I wonder if that is just for Coachella or in general. Coachella sold out very quickly and would have sold out quickly even without GN'R, but they are going to need promotion if they plan to tour on their own.

A blackout. It fits perfectly with the neutering of Pitman.

Coachella sells itself so no problems there but I hope there's a genuine reason for this strategy, like recording new material or massive rehearsing and they don't want to lose focus. They may still be in negotiations as well. If not, its back to the sooper sekrit Scooby Doo mystery but I'm not gonna lose hope yet. Like I said, there can be legit reasons for it at this juncture.

I just don't want the reunion buzz to get squandered.

Sky Dog wrote:

It may die down for a month or two.....then pick back up in March. I see no need to do anything or say anything more until EVERYTHING is set in stone.

ps I think we are going to get a new album and tour.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Loose lips sink ships. Better not to talk and totally kick ass at Coachella, let that do the talking. Axl can make a statement on the stage.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Loose lips sink ships.

That's the least of their worries. Getting Axl to sing worth a damn is a bigger issue.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Coachella is when, April? If they announce everything now, what would be left for the next few months? Besides, I hope they are doing this quiet time thing to get some tunes in the can and Axl in shape.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Back when all this started, it was clear Axl wanted cd2 or whatever it will be called released before the reunion buzz.

This is all my speculation, but maybe they are trying to do that still. The new plan may include Slash and Duff on a song or 2, but the rest of bit being Axl's songs. That's why we don't have the full announced lineup.  They can always rebuild the reunion buzz, but the window to dump the cd leftovers is very small. Perhaps coachella threw enough money at them to tweak the original plan.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Back when all this started, it was clear Axl wanted cd2 or whatever it will be called released before the reunion buzz.

This is all my speculation, but maybe they are trying to do that still. The new plan may include Slash and Duff on a song or 2, but the rest of bit being Axl's songs. That's why we don't have the full announced lineup.  They can always rebuild the reunion buzz, but the window to dump the cd leftovers is very small. Perhaps coachella threw enough money at them to tweak the original plan.

Could be. My uncle didn't believe it when I said there were rumors about an 8 million payday. Half of that would be a lot for any band he said.

Strange when you think about it, because doesn't Coachella sell out anyways? The last two years they've unloaded every ticket in a few hours or less. Might indicate a dvd or something on the steps.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Could be. My uncle didn't believe it when I said there were rumors about an 8 million payday. Half of that would be a lot for any band he said.

Strange when you think about it, because doesn't Coachella sell out anyways? The last two years they've unloaded every ticket in a few hours or less. Might indicate a dvd or something on the steps.

Keep in mind it is two shows, so $4m per show. But yeah, Coachella sells out anyway and it seems a strange waste of money on their part. Only thing I can come up with is bragging rights. They get to be the organization that reunited Axl and Slash after 23 years. Coachella is pretty well known for reunions so maybe they just like the bragging rights at this point.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

This is all my speculation, but maybe they are trying to do that still. The new plan may include Slash and Duff on a song or 2, but the rest of bit being Axl's songs. That's why we don't have the full announced lineup.  They can always rebuild the reunion buzz, but the window to dump the cd leftovers is very small.

Bitman tweeted this a week ago.

Chris Pitman @CPitmanofficial wrote:

happiness is a warm SSL,,, been a very creative year.  I wanna thank Capn Crunch

CX72mFKU0AINuEW.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

You think Frank is better than Matt? Serious?

Technically? No. I think Matt & Brain both are superior to Steven & Frank.

But to me Frank has enough technicality and rhythm (the "groove" Izzy speaks of) to be THE RIGHT drummer for GN'R. Frank just nails the vibe and sound of GN'R. The spirit of what the band is.

Brain was probably the best drummer in GN'R in terms of efficiency, but to me, he and Sorum can sound like human drum machines alot of the time. That's not right for GN'R. GN'R isn't Zeppelin. GN'R doesn't need a Bonham on the kit.

Frank is the best of both worlds. He gets that Steven "Popcorn" Adler groove, but can also nail more of the technical Sorum (UYI) and Brain (CD) stuff.

So yeah.... Thunderchucker ftw

Board footer