You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Something is up with Pitman

misterID wrote:

My opinion.

No, I don't think he's out. I don't think there will be two line ups. Just the hybrid and "guests." I think everyone involved is on a info lockdown, and Mother Goose said too much.

I'm sure SG won't believe any of that. I need to take my car to a carwash... wink

AtariLegend wrote:

I knew casual Velvet Revolver fans who didn't even know who Duff was. Trolls spamming Axel sucks, who wouldn't have went anyway and MYGNR posters trolling internet articles don't mean anything. I don't think most of that crowd, many of whom aren't even there to see Guns will care who's on drums as long as they see Axl and Slash.

I think if the AFD line-up did play the festival however and the line-up as it (I'm not calling it a Hybrid line-up) played the tour, it would send extreme mixed signals. Half the tour's (media coverage) would be based around whether or not certain people are on stage. The people who didn't care about the drummer would be confused.

It would draw too much attention to the line-up being a revolving door.

btw Before I posted the tweet in the twitter thread, I never seen this thread tongue.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Think about this....

What if when rehearsals started, Axl said, "Slash, can I hear that album you guys did with Izzy in 2002 when VR was starting that you didn't use? You know, the one that you said was the best GNR album written?" and Slash says, "sure".. And Axl was blown the fuck away and decides to explore those songs negating the need for some of the current guys "right now".... haha. I am really reaching now.  But surely they have been jamming new shit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Think about this....

What if when rehearsals started, Axl said, "Slash, can I hear that album you guys did with Izzy in 2002 when VR was starting that you didn't use? You know, the one that you said was the best GNR album written?" and Slash says, "sure".. And Axl was blown the fuck away and decides to explore those songs negating the need for some of the current guys "right now".... haha. I am really reaching now.  But surely they have been jamming new shit.

I think you're thinking too much about what you want to happen.  16

Slash and Duff actually liked Chinese Democracy, I'm sure they've heard the new album, I'm sure they've already played on it, and I'd bet at some point they'll look at all kinds of material smile

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Smoking Guns is smoking the dope. Not that there is anything wrong with it. axl

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Most interesting thing in this thread?  There were casual Velvet Revolver fans.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Team Brazil and Axl are way too obsessed with the forums and playing games. Very silly.

Yeah I've been whining about that for years. Was hoping it would be different in a reunion era.

polluxlm wrote:

Will a AFD lineup be that big of a deal to the general public?

It's the most historic thing that could happen in GNR. Yep....big deal.

tejastech08 wrote:

Hard to say. There has been a lot of negativity in the comments section on various news articles across the Internet. "We want Steven and Izzy or no dice." That sort of thing. Problem is what percentage of the public do these comments represent? Who knows.

Too much trolling in comments sections to actually gauge the general public's opinion.

AtariLegend wrote:

I knew casual Velvet Revolver fans who didn't even know who Duff was. Trolls spamming Axel sucks, who wouldn't have went anyway and MYGNR posters trolling internet articles don't mean anything.

Yep. Comments sections are to be taken with a huge grain of a salt.

AtariLegend wrote:

I think if the AFD line-up did play the festival however and the line-up as it (I'm not calling it a Hybrid line-up) played the tour, it would send extreme mixed signals. Half the tour's (media coverage) would be based around whether or not certain people are on stage. The people who didn't care about the drummer would be confused.

It would draw too much attention to the line-up being a revolving door.

That is the risk they take by rolling out the AFD or even UYI lineup. Be careful with a bait and switch of that magnitude.

I'm with ID. He's not out, band isn't imploding, he's just been told to stop revealing more info than everyone else. Hell in one tweet he posted that studio pic which insinuates he was working on a GNR album.

Smoking Guns wrote:

Think about this....

Dollars to donuts he's already heard it. Possible he heard it a long time ago.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Most interesting thing in this thread?  There were casual Velvet Revolver fans.

Much missed potential in VR, I'll say.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I was a fan for sure. I didn't know they had casual fans though.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Will a AFD lineup be that big of a deal to the general public?

It's the most historic thing that could happen in GNR. Yep....big deal.

If you already have Axl, Slash and Duff on stage? Would anyone give a rats ass if Nick Mason was part of a PF reunion? Looks like they didn't even care that Waters was missing back in 94.

Board footer