You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Friends

AtariLegend wrote:

Friends reunited? Cast of famous sitcom sign up for special

The cast of the hit sitcom Friends are to reunite for a two-hour special, according to US broadcaster NBC.

The actors behind Rachel, Monica, Phoebe, Joey, Chandler and Ross have all signed up for the special, a tribute to director James Burrows.

Burrows helmed numerous episodes of the programme and has just celebrated directing his 1,000th TV programme.

But NBC entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt suggested the six Friends may not appear together.

"I'm hoping all six will be in same room at the same time," he told reporters. But he added: "I'm not sure we can logistically can pull it off."

Fans of the show have been hoping for more than a decade to see Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry and David Schwimmer back on screen together, but previous attempts have fallen short.

The programme ended in 2004, 10 series and a decade after it premiered on US screens. It made international stars of its little-known cast, winning a slew of awards and a huge audience in the process.

As well as Friends, Burrows was behind the camera for several of America's much-loved sitcoms, including Cheers, Frasier, and The Bob Newhart Show.

The two-hour show is expected to feature cameos, sketches and appearances connected to the various series the 75-year-old has worked on over the years.

The special is scheduled to be broadcast on 21 February on NBC.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-35308335

AtariLegend wrote:

I wasn't exactly the biggest fan, but I did watch this growing up.

Kind of surprised they're actually doing one after all these years without milking it for the Cinema or hyping it months in advance. I'd have thought this would be huge.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

This is a special documentary that includes all 6 cast members from Friends along with some of Burrows other shows. It's not as is being made out a 2 hour Friends special.

I liked Friends, the early stuff particularly was pretty funny but they should definitely leave it alone.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

Yeah, no more Friends, please! Here it's rerun over and over... 10 episodes in a row every single day!  Like there's nothing else besides Friends! I am not keen on seeing them getting old and having teenage kids. It just wouldn't work.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I never, EVER got the thing about this show. Seinfeld, yes... but I remember liking ALOT of other sitcoms of that period WAY more than Friends. Everybody Loves Raymond just off the top of my head was one.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I think I read somewhere that Matthew Perry isn't coming back for the special. Don't really care. I mean some episodes are alright; but most of the characters on that show are just so whiny and unbearable.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Friends was something I think appealed to people in major urban areas. I knew NO ONE that watched the show when I was younger, but knew of many that were on the Seinfeld, Raymond, Two and a Half Men-train (only with Sheen, not Kutcher). Same thing with Cheers. Knew alot of Cheers fans, but most of them hated Frasier.

But if certain people aren't coming back for it... why do it?

Perry probably doesn't want to be apart of it, because he spent YEARS in CRAPPY tv shows trying to shed his Friends-skin, and then he finally gets a hit with that guy off of Reno 911, in a remake/reboot of "The Odd Couple" TV series, and suddenly Perry's finally starring in a TV hit, and now is when they want him to do a Friends reunion.

More than likely all of this is coming about because Courtney Cox & Lisa Kudrow's shows got cancelled and Jen Aniston's film career has stalled. Schwimmer and Joey (whatever his name is) are probably begging for it too.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Schwimmer and Joey (whatever his name is) are probably begging for it too.

Matt Leblanc

If Chandler is not in I'm not watching it.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I watched a few episodes but ive never been a huge sitcom kinda guy

The episodes I did watch usually had some funny stuff..it's amazing that after all that there really wasn't much of a career for them

Sure Anniston,  Cox and Perry had a few movie roles each but seems thw world just kinda forgot about them...that HBO show with LeBlanc is weird to see him with such grey hair...I guess he had it all thru freinds he just dyed it

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

"Episodes" (that HBO show) with LeBlanc is actually pretty damn good.

Board footer