You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Friends

AtariLegend wrote:
julita wrote:

Yeah, no more Friends, please! Here it's rerun over and over... 10 episodes in a row every single day!  Like there's nothing else besides Friends! I am not keen on seeing them getting old and having teenage kids. It just wouldn't work.

It might one day top Sky's repeats of the Simpsons.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I liked friends a lot. It is where I fell in love with Jennifer Anniston.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's another thing too. I don't care how many people in my life tell me how absolutely gorgeous Jen Aniston is, I will NEVER EVER believe them.

Not only did I never find her attractive, I don't think she's pretty. At all.

Never got the thing. Believe it or not, if someone had a gun to my head I think Lisa Kudrow has aged the best of them all. Young Courtney Cox ("Family Ties"-era), was hot. Old "Scream 1-4" Courtney... pass.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I was never a fan of the show, but I understood in some ways why some people (chicks) got it.  I was only a few years younger than them, and while I nor my circle of friends weren't the type to do the Manhatten or group city living thing, I knew there were people  & people I went to high school & college with who did.  Funny, when my brother graduated college in 1995 I remember overhearing a random girl being asked by parents/frineds what she''s going to do next. She literally said "Moving to New York. We're gonna do the whole Friends type thing".  She kinda chuckled as she said it, admitting it's cliche, but it shows you the impact & relevance of the show.

One thing that always ticked me off, is around 2003 or so when it was known to be the last season, I said at a Halloween party that I felt it's gonna be sorta sad when that show ends.  Again as I said we were around the same age as them, so it was a sign of our youth & early adulthood was ending too.  Well this one jerkoff who was seeing (eventually married) some girl who was more of a friend of a friend, didn't see my angle with it, and raised a stink "What?? What?? I can't believe I'm hearing this. You're sad Friends is ending?!"  I felt like punching him in the face.

Anyway, back OT I thought this was gonna be a reunion episode, this looks sorta lame. Always wish Cheers did a real scripted reunion, and then Seinfeld but I don't think there's would've worked out well. One interesting thing about the Friends legacy is I recall hearing most of the cast were somewhat unknowns, nearly working as waiters before it aired. It definitely was an overnight success & had to be interesting for the cast to go from relative unknowns to instant celebrities. Jennifer Anniston became the "IT" girl. I disagree with you AxlIn16, Annistons a babe. Liked her alot.

Schwimmer was a douche but I heard he's supposed to be really good in the upcoming (FX?) show about the OJ trial as Robert Kardashian. I heard the shows supposed to be really good too, but we'll see.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

That's another thing too. I don't care how many people in my life tell me how absolutely gorgeous Jen Aniston is, I will NEVER EVER believe them.

Not only did I never find her attractive, I don't think she's pretty. At all.

Never got the thing. Believe it or not, if someone had a gun to my head I think Lisa Kudrow has aged the best of them all. Young Courtney Cox ("Family Ties"-era), was hot. Old "Scream 1-4" Courtney... pass.

What the fuck did I just read... You don't think she is pretty at all?  Yes, you are maybe in the 1% of the population that believes that.  She has been on peoples 50 most beautiful people countless times.  She is the definition of the all American girl looks wise that people loved.  She had a great, fun character on friends and millions of US girls wanted to look and be like here.  May she isn't your cup of tea, but what do you find so "unattractive" about her?  Is she too thin?  Is her skin too soft? Are her eyes too pretty? Is her hair too perfect?  Axlin16, that is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but most males find her pretty hot.  Even today at 50 she is still hot.

Yamcha
 Rep: 11 

Yamcha wrote:

SG: If Axlin16 is entitled to his opinion why you  sound so upset?
I used to find her quite unattractive and that's mostly because of her chin. She is no classical beauty.

I agree she's aging quite well. She ages better than Shannen Doherty who is a bit younger. Why? Because Jennifer had a healthy lifestyle right from the start and Shannen did not. If by "all American girl look" you mean an air of general good health, nice skin, nice hair, nice smile, friendly face, then she's got it all. smile

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am busting Axlin's chops a lil. Haha. He said he could find nothing attractive about here. That is either a lie or a gross exaggeration or his standards are so fucking high nobody could make him happy. Haha...  Just messing around guys.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I agree with SG.  Although, I can see how some people may tire of the whole 'Jennifer Anniston is the typical All American Girl' saying.  However I think she is generally all around attractive. 

Some girls, like Pamela Anderson, Tara Reid, Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian etc I can see why some people may not find them attractive, but to some people they are  their 'type'.  I think Jennifer transcends that to some extent.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Jennifer Aniston was my right hand girl for many years. smile

Board footer