You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Reunited GUNS N' ROSES To Play New T-Mobile Arena In Las Vegas

Smoking Guns wrote:

Do we get some AFD 5 at Las Vegas... Gun to your head, what do you say? I say "yes"... I think 3 songs. maybe....

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

No. I think we'll get one lineup. For the whole ball of wax.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

It may just be Slash Duff Axl in front of a curtain with a backing band hidden behind said curtain. Haha

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Either or both.

It's working with me finally, but the choices blow now.

What seats do you want?  I might have 2 extras for Saturday (not sure yet).

I'd be interested in one of those, buzz!

It may be a little while before I know for sure.  I have a friend that said he wants a pair, but he can be a little flaky like Axl sometimes.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

buzzsaw wrote:
otto wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

What seats do you want?  I might have 2 extras for Saturday (not sure yet).

I'd be interested in one of those, buzz!

It may be a little while before I know for sure.  I have a friend that said he wants a pair, but he can be a little flaky like Axl sometimes.

Most of the friends I go to concerts with flake out all the time; so I definitely understand that.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

What are thoughts on sections 3 and 18? Do you think either one of these would have an obstructed view? Sucks because obviously I've never been there (neither has anybody else), so have no idea. I generally like the side stage seats, but not sure if those go too far back....

1538hee.jpg

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I have one seat in 18, 5 and 7 and 2 in 8. And like you other than 5 I have no fucking clue.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:
johndivney wrote:

the only problem at this stage as i see it is, i am going to be so loaded at the gig i'll never be able to remember it.

Always a concern. I've had some great times at concerts and woken up the next day unsure if they played certain songs.

Funny. I remember after the SG show a few years back,  I was reading the other reviews of people who also went and they were all disagreeing on which songs were performed. 16

AtariLegend wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Reading have announced in March before, there is no immediate rush

I'd have thought Axl would have learned before now after the previous times.

polluxlm wrote:

Don't see them giving up on the Euro festivals. Lots of money and PR there.

Funnily enough I seen a thread on MYGNR where people were suggesting Gun's wouldn't be selling out shows in Europe tongue.

All the shows on the first leg are going to sellout even if they book the Moon. Not sure why some fans are worrying about half empty arena syndrome right now.

Its afterwards when they may need to scale it down a bit....

Because the U.S. (not so much Canadians & Mexicans) are loaded with a bunch of bandwagon pussies that pay money to see, and only see, whatever TMZ is talking about. Americans do not have near the appreciation of music that i've seen from people elsewhere and internationally.

This is one reason why it will be successful here. For every 10 hardcore fans per stadium there will be 1000 "bandwagon pussies". This is why the SG reunion was so successful and it wasn't even on the scale of this.

Hipsters and soccer moms will be fueling the success of these shows......not people who followed the CD saga for 15 years.

My biggest hope is that this is it for GN'R. Even for 10 days, it's been really great to feel PROUD to be a GN'R fan again. For alot of years it was a dirty word, because it was "Axl N' Roses" or "the Axl Rose solo band" or "Rose N' Roses", etc. To be a fan of this band now, I feel like i'm in a place i've never been in in my modern lifetime. I feel like THE BAND is back and that... I don't know... I feel more WHOLE again as a fan. I now look at GN'R again, the same way I look at Soundgarden or AIC or Pearl Jam or Metallica, etc.

Same here. Its needs to be the final, legitimate chapter of one of the greatest bands ever. Albums, tours, box sets,etc. Do it right.

Nik wrote:

I'd like more a GNR / Soundgarden

Me too. I'm hoping this happens in 2017 after SG's next album release.

I would love SG as well, but I don't know if it's a big enough ticket. In a scenario like that, SG would just be considered an higher-end opener.

Maybe...maybe not. I do know this though...in year two if a GNR tour needs to be scaled down to arenas because there's around 10k or so seats that need to be filled in a stadium.....SG can fill those empty seats. They are also great at promotion. People WILL know the show is coming to their town.

FlashFlood wrote:

AIC sells out 5-6k amphiteaters. I wouldn't be surprised if their last solo tour out drew Soundgarden's. Excluding their co-headline with NIN.

Let's not go bat shit crazy now. 13   19

elevendayempire wrote:

Well, given this news, how about just putting together that NWA/GN'R tour that Axl desperately wanted in the 90s?

http://news.sky.com/story/1624970/ice-c … -coachella

Interesting.

Having said that, it would never work in the current climate. This is the only scenario I can imagine where a guaranteed successful stadium tour could immediately run into trouble playing to smaller crowds. Not only the fact its a terrible mix but also take into consideration that rap never cemented itself in a touring capacity although there are a handful of exceptions. People flocking in droves to see GNR will not want to see any rap act even if its NWA and include me in those droves.

A limited number of exclusive VIP Experiences and VIP Packages will be available. Offers can include amazing reserved seats, autographed memorabilia, preshow VIP parties, backstage tours, exclusive Guns N’ Roses merchandise and more.

I'm glad they are doing this. Some fans figured they wouldn't but it makes sense in today's culture. Once the full tour is announced it will be interesting to see which packages are offered.

bigbri wrote:

Exactly my fear and exactly why I want new music with a reunion. At these prices, I not only could not afford it, nor would I pay that much. I saw them twice back in the day, and there's no way they are worth more now to see. Especially if it is not the Appetite 5.

I'm with ya Bri. I HAVE to see one reunion show one way or another but yeah these prices are outrageous but in all fairness its not just GNR....its concerts in general for any mainstream act.

But this is definitely being treated like the Stones or if a Floyd/Zep reunion tour had happened. This will NEVER happen in this situation but fans can pray for what happened with the Spice Girls reunion...world went ape shit, tickets high..scalpers made em so high that no one gave a shit and some arenas that were technically sold out were half empty and scalpers had to eat the tickets or sell em at a huge loss.

That ebay listing is INSANE.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Do we get some AFD 5 at Las Vegas... Gun to your head, what do you say? I say "yes"... I think 3 songs. maybe....

It's not happening bro.

If there's any chance at even an Izzy appearance, it's gonna happen Night 2 at Coachella.

These are still technically supposed to be "warm up gigs" at this T-Mobile Arena in Vegas. I'm thinking if there are any surprises to be had, it's gonna be at Coachella which ALL the media are going to be there covering the shit out of the festival, and YouTube are going to be there broadcasting the entire event. That's when they'll pull that card.

To me, cockteasing the AFD 5 for a few songs on Night 2, leaves a nice tingle for the audience, post-orgasm, in order to sell/promote a potential stadium tour for the summer. Izzy & Steven won't be returning full-time, but it certainly would boost GNR's price, and make festival organizers as well as a tour promoter realize there's a potential the original band might show up from time to time. You never know from night to night what show you're gonna get, ala the UYI tour.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I want to be at the very first one. I already got fucked once this year by guns. Please don't burn me twice.

Board footer