You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Reunited GUNS N' ROSES To Play New T-Mobile Arena In Las Vegas

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

People flocking in droves to see GNR will not want to see any rap act even if its NWA and include me in those droves.

Let me get this straight... your stoner ass will go to an MIA show, first row.... but Dr. Dre/Ice Cube, and more than likely Snoop Dogg replacing Eazy -- opening a reunited GN'R show, and you're gonna be crushin' Vikes in the parking lot, dragging your ass to go in?

What is wrong with you? You better have your ass in there bustah!

An NWA/GN'R ticket, despite the weird-cross breeding, would sell gangbusters to a younger audience, despite the age of both groups being the same. I think an NWA/GN'R bill would EASILY fill stadiums in 2016. NWA might be the GN'R of rap, in terms of name-recognition.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I want to be at the very first one. I already got fucked once this year by guns. Please don't burn me twice.

In fairness, i'm pretty sure Coachella hyped that more so than GN'R, and Eddie Trunk, as well as others, said there were rumors of warm up dates before Coachella went on sale if my memory serves me.

GN'R didn't burn you. You took a leap of faith. I completely understand that you want to be at the first one. That's gonna be a big moment. And I truly hope it happens for you. But I think you need to keep your sights set on, i'm paying to see "Axl, Slash & Duff together" and don't get too bogged down on Izzy or others.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Rex wrote:

Fuck, I really want to go to this show, but I don't wanna drop 250 on fucking tickets. I probably will anyway, if I can even get a ticket.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

People flocking in droves to see GNR will not want to see any rap act even if its NWA and include me in those droves.

Let me get this straight... your stoner ass will go to an MIA show, first row.... but Dr. Dre/Ice Cube, and more than likely Snoop Dogg replacing Eazy -- opening a reunited GN'R show, and you're gonna be crushin' Vikes in the parking lot, dragging your ass to go in?

14 Funny when you put it that way.

I'm just not a big rap fan. Yeah MIA walks a very fine line but......its different.

Not fond of the genre but I do like a handful of songs. Off the top of my head but I'm probably forgetting a few....

NWA might be the GN'R of rap, in terms of name-recognition.

I certainly agree with that.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

MIA is not good. I thought Lofton jumped off her bandwagon years ago.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

MIA is not good. I thought Lofton jumped off her bandwagon years ago.

14 I did. From 04-08 she was untouchable.  Started showing cracks in 2010 with MAYA, her mixtape the same year Vicki Leekx was a red flag, the Super Bowl performance with Madonna when she flipped off the crowd was her jump the shark moment when she lost me as a fan completely, and when I heard the next album Matangi it was one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life. It proved that everything diplo said about her was true. She actually lost most of her hardcore base during this same time frame she lost me. Also her attempt at feuding with GaGa was asinine. Also crazy how every album after Kala has been rejected at least once by her label(UMG).

She has a new album coming out sometime this year which I'll check out for shits and giggles but what I'm interested in is the documentary being worked on. I talked to the director last year and he said he has access to the mythical Elastica documentary that MIA filmed the year before their breakup in 2000 which was thought to no longer exist and was lost to history. He's unlikely to use much(if any) of it in the final cut but even a snippet of that footage surfacing makes the MIA doc worth the price of admission alone.

Here's the newest song to kick things off......its just her begging for attention and controversy over the immigration problem plaguing the world. The other tracks on the album are supposed to be covering that same shit.

johndivney wrote:

Fly pirates.
MIA 4eva.

I loved the that period from say 05-11.. Kinda dropped off on maya ( tho anyway who samples Suicide will always win my affection).
Just felt her priorities shifted, away from the music (ever since the debut really I got that vibe). Was glad she broke from diplo but the last album never clicked. I'm still interested in her game just don't think she's the force she once was, but that's the way of the world.. No??

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am not familiar with Mia.. please post here best or most famous song and I will see if I remember her..

Tupac was brilliant... Best total package rapper ever.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Alright.... I need some directions my fellow American Guns fans.... how does this little Aussie score two floor tickets to either Friday or Saturday's show. I have the cash, I just don't know when and where to purchase from

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

LAS VEGAS PRESS RELEASE
Tickets on Sale Saturday, January 23 at 10am

Citi is the official credit card of Guns N’ Roses Las Vegas performances. Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets through Citi’s Private Pass Program beginning Wednesday, January 20 at 10am PT through Friday, January 22 at 10pm PT. For complete presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

General public tickets go on sale Saturday, January 23 at 10am PST at www.AXS.com. Tickets start at $79.50 (plus applicable service fees). A limited number of exclusive VIP Experiences and VIP Packages will be available. Offers can include amazing reserved seats, autographed memorabilia, preshow VIP parties, backstage tours, exclusive Guns N’ Roses merchandise and more.

Source: http://gunsnroses.com/forum/main/3169403

Board footer