You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Silkworms - Bucket or Slash

evader wrote:

Me Wise Magic - I will definitely check out your Soundcloud profile. I haven't spent much time on there since somebody reported 4 of my uploads a month or two ago.

James, thanks for the TIL and CITR praise. I'm proud of both, and I think that Bucket CITR mix may be some of the best work I've done. Having nearly 300 Bucket albums to pick from is nice, but then again it is a bitch to search through 300 albums for stuff that may work. 14

You are correct about Messages. Not mine. I actually tried mixing Messages with Maddy. They never sounded right to me. As for Riad, I have done a few things with it. Yes, I did a version with the Bucket solo. I also made two duet mashups with a Jewel song that nobody in their right mind (other than me) could possibly enjoy. I take that back. One friend of mine liked them. But he's out of his mind. Do I think Slash could re-work Riad? Sure. I think he, Axl, Duff and Izzy could easily reboot all the CD stuff and make them sound great. Better than what we have? I dunno. But great, no doubt in my mind.

I'll upload the CD/Watch This and the Bucket Riad for you tomorrow. I'm sure they are somewhere where I can find them.

Oh wow that sucks that happened to ya. Hope things turn around upload wise though. Thanks for the follow and enjoy the tracks. smile

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I also made two duet mashups with a Jewel song that nobody in their right mind (other than me) could possibly enjoy. I take that back. One friend of mine liked them. But he's out of his mind.

You're talking to someone who liked GNR/MIA mashups. tongue

I haven't spent much time on there since somebody reported 4 of my uploads a month or two ago.

I cant stand people who do that shit. I had a 4shared account years ago with tons of music and so many of the links got flagged that 4shared deleted my account.

evader
 Rep: 27 

evader wrote:

Me Wise, I listened to one of your tracks last night and then had to bolt. It was good. Very unique! I'll check out more in the next few days.

James, here is a link to the Riad and CD mixes you asked about:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/1ddzjn

I listened to those old GNR/MIA mashups again a few months ago.... I think one of them was kinda good. The others were, um... um... 18 sorry about that.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

evader wrote:

Me Wise, I listened to one of your tracks last night and then had to bolt. It was good. Very unique! I'll check out more in the next few days.

I listened to those old GNR/MIA mashups again a few months ago.... I think one of them was kinda good. The others were, um... um... 18 sorry about that.

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed one of the tracks. Take your time with the others. It's no rush.

James

James wrote:
evader wrote:

Thanks. I'll DL that later tonight.

Was the one you liked Born Free? Unfortunately I lost those when my last pc took a shit.  You'd be surprised that those got a fairly decent reaction on the old MIA site when I posted them there.

evader

evader wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Was the one you liked Born Free? Unfortunately I lost those when my last pc took a shit.  You'd be surprised that those got a fairly decent reaction on the old MIA site when I posted them there.

I think it was ITW/Galang. I used to really like the SR/XXXO mashup, but that one didn't sound quite right to me last time I listened to it.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
evader wrote:

Will, I'm actually a bit embarrassed now about that old Spanish TWAT mix. I do like the title though.

Me Wise Magic - glad to see you still like hearing this stuff. Saw your comment on Soundcloud and truly appreciate it.

Axlin and James, I agree about the Slash version of SW. Though I do think Slash (and Duff) could make it work, it would have to be a very different track. There is a ton of synth and noise in SW that I doubt Slash would find to his liking.

James, the ITW/Slither mashup isn't one of mine. I did like it though. My Slash/Axl mashup stuff includes CD/Watch This, CITR/Gotten, and the aforementioned Spanish TWAT. I'm a huge Buckethead fan, so my work has focused more on getting him more involved. That, and duets. I dig the duets.

Yes. Let's not forget, Slash & Duff supposedly both loathed "My World".

Duff later cited it as his favorite GN'R tune, but I always thought he was taking the piss.

James

James wrote:

"Sichuan Hudson". 14 Great title.

Its weird. Slash and Duff contributing to CD tracks is both intriguing and frightening at the same time.

I mean....imagine if we never heard the title track and next week they release Sichuan. Is the fan base going ape shit or not?

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Yes. Let's not forget, Slash & Duff supposedly both loathed "My World".

Duff later cited it as his favorite GN'R tune, but I always thought he was taking the piss.

Axl believed Slash thought it was shit, but convinced him to put it on the album to embarrass him.

evader

evader wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

"Sichuan Hudson". 14 Great title.

Its weird. Slash and Duff contributing to CD tracks is both intriguing and frightening at the same time.

I mean....imagine if we never heard the title track and next week they release Sichuan. Is the fan base going ape shit or not?

In that form, the answer is probably 1) bang, 2) fizzle (at best). But, there's no way Axl would allow a track like this to be released. The sound of the "Watch This" split tracks isn't good at all. The drums are poorly recorded (IMO). The song structure doesn't work with the vocals, and Slash fans will almost certainly notice how I had to rearrange things. However, If Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy gave "Watch This" 24 hours of their time, and then they re-recorded a new version of it with Axl adding CD-style vocals to it, I'm sure it would be very, very good.

I may take another crack at this one, especially if someone here has some good ideas for restructuring the instrumental.

Board footer