You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Bands/Artists that should have been bigger

James wrote:

Luscious Jackson
Arrested Development
Four Horsemen
Elastica
Sinead O Connor
Sponge
Nazareth
Veruca Salt
Ziggy Marley
Maxi Priest
Nu Shooz
Mazzy Star
Fiona Apple

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sponge and veruca salt for sure...i managed to see veruca salt back a while ago...i was disappointed they were jumping around on bungie cords though for volcano girls 16 that woulda been cool

candlebox and days of the new are 2 that i can think of off the top of my head

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I totally forgot Days of the New.

American Thighs was one of the best albums of the 90's. Quite a few killer albums from female bands came out in the mid 90's that were overlooked. Got some attention, but not nearly enough.

Elastica should have been huge, but the media played it smart because drugs ruined their short career.

Luscious Jackson should have been massive when they first hit the scene in the early 90's. One of the most original bands at the time, and was a bit different than what was mainstream. Only had a couple pop hits in the late 90's.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Definitely with you on Veruca Salt and Candlebox.  Thin Lizzy and Jethro Tull should've been more successful in their day.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Candlebox
Mad Season
Ugly Kid Joe (seriously...their hits were bullshit, go listen to the other stuff very tight band)
Veruca Salt (props to you guys, dead on correct)
Fiona Apple

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Ugly Kid Joe (seriously...their hits were bullshit, go listen to the other stuff very tight band)

Agreed on that one. 5

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:

sponge and veruca salt for sure...i managed to see veruca salt back a while ago...i was disappointed they were jumping around on bungie cords though for volcano girls 16 that woulda been cool

candlebox and days of the new are 2 that i can think of off the top of my head

I live just north of Detroit. Come visit me sometime and you'll get your Sponge fix. They're ALWAYS playing something to do with 101.1 (our rock station) and it's constantly advertised.

I liked Candlebox's later stuff. They had an album called Happy Pills that was great. Days Of The New got all fucked up when they split up. I don't know the exact deal but the band Tantric is in some way a continuation of Days Of The New.

While we're on the subject, Tantric has a great cover of Fleetwood Mac's "The Chain" on their last record.

As far as more recent acts, although they may not be finished yet there's a band called Silvertide that had a GREAT debut album get almost completely overlooked about 4 years ago or so.

i grew up an hour from detroit.... canada way...101.1 rocks BABY! 16

Tantris is days of the new minus Travis (singer/songwriter/rhythm guitar) but travis got fucked up on Meth and hasnt been able to get a label to sign him again...apparently hes clean now though...still i love all threee DOTN albums

I have tantric's album too its pretty cool as well,, i love the acoustic take on metal its aweseom

as for candlebox...yah happy pills is great there are a couple songs on there that send chills down my spine when i hear them 9

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Backslash wrote:
Gunslinger wrote:

Agreed on that one. 5

I;m the GodDamn Devil! this job please is me....the GODDAmn Devil...Satan if you please" 16 9

Board footer