You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Bands/Artists that should have been bigger

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Seven
 Rep: 9 

Seven wrote:

Eva Cassidy

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Jellyfish should've been one of the biggest pop bands of the early 90s but they are almost completely unknown. I always say Blind Melon is underrated... but I won't say they should've been much bigger. Mad Season deserves more play too.

nugdafied wrote:

Faith No More, it's been beaten to death on this forum, but still. I mean they were on the VH1 one hit wonder list! How can that be? For whatever reason they just never really sustained the commercial success in the 90's, even though they were making some of the best modern rock around then.

Linda Perry/4 NonBlondes
The Dandy Warhols

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

Linda Perry/4 NonBlondes

thats a good one...but apparently she has always preferred to be a songwriter over being a rockstar so thats why we never saw her again

FNM is a good choice too...but they were a bit too weird for the masses and they refused to go the route of the chili's and conform to the trend

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

First band that ever comes to my mind when people ask this is King's X. 

They get musicianship and groove together better than any other band ever.  Killer harmonies too.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i guess we shouldnt forget down...the label refused to spend the money on promoting them because Phil was still in Pantera at the time

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

King's X is a great choice. Thats one of those bands that hit the scene at the wrong time. Too much other interesting things going on at the time.

I didn't list Mad Season because it wasn't really meant to go anywhere. Pretty similar to Temple of the Dog. It was just a group of musicians making a killer album.

They were supposed to do a followup, but Layne's drug use got in the way.

They could have never topped the first album anyways.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

yeah mad season was like a guy from screaming trees, a guy from pj and a guy from AIC all bands which were still very active when the album was released...

and really doubt that Laynoe woulda Gave up AIC or McCready woulda have left PJ if it really came down to it hmm

Temple of the dog though was more of Cornell and pearl jam dudes making a tribute to the Mother Love Bone Singer / Cornell's roomate

Vedder happened to be trying out for PJ at the time and was asked to add guest vocals during the recording...it wasnt until Grunge blew up that they all decide to release it....or someting like that..... Cornell wrote about it on the TOTD album sleeve

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Temple of the Dog should have done a tribute to Layne.

Board footer