You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: Big Surprise - We're almost all on the same side!

Intercourse wrote:

I am delighted that the forums in general are lit up over this reunion and all the haters from both sides have quietly stopped the civil war.
I just hope Axl can face the level of expectation and overcome any bullshit stage fright and just get out there and enjoy this..

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

He needs to get his damn voice in shape. Otherwise this thing will be a disaster. But to tell the truth I don't give two shits about the live stuff at this point. I want some studio material, but it's not likely IMHO. Somehow I have a feeling these live shows will just be a big cash grab and then Axl will retire the GN'R name.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Any thoughts that Slash, Izzy & Duff will play on his CD II stash and let him put it out?
They can't care that much about "GNR" if they've been gone over twenty years so why not?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think maybe we still get a single for the tour. Maybe I am using my illusions too much?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Any thoughts that Slash, Izzy & Duff will play on his CD II stash and let him put it out?
They can't care that much about "GNR" if they've been gone over twenty years so why not?

I support anything that will get us studio material with Axl's voice (except My World). He has wasted the last 20 years and that is a real shame considering his vocal talent. We have a lot of studio material from Slash/Duff/Izzy during that time.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

tejastech08 wrote:

He needs to get his damn voice in shape. Otherwise this thing will be a disaster. But to tell the truth I don't give two shits about the live stuff at this point. I want some studio material, but it's not likely IMHO. Somehow I have a feeling these live shows will just be a big cash grab and then Axl will retire the GN'R name.

Given that all the indications are he was planning to release CD II in 2016, and was blindsided by DJ's departure, I doubt that very much. With the rumours that Slash and Duff have been working on GN'R tracks in the studio, I hope we're going to get some sort of hybrid album – the best cuts from CD II, with Slash and Duff overdubs, the best material that Slash and Duff came up with in the VR sessions, and a couple of Izzy contributions.

ETA: On top of all that, the record company's reluctance to release Axl's material should melt away now that he has the key players from the classic line-up on board. I'd imagine they're all watching the Vegas gigs and Coachella very closely to see what the reception to the "regrouped" GN'R is, before making any decisions.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Given that all the indications are he was planning to release CD II in 2016, and was blindsided by DJ's departure, I doubt that very much. With the rumours that Slash and Duff have been working on GN'R tracks in the studio, I hope we're going to get some sort of hybrid album – the best cuts from CD II, with Slash and Duff overdubs, the best material that Slash and Duff came up with in the VR sessions, and a couple of Izzy contributions.

ETA: On top of all that, the record company's reluctance to release Axl's material should melt away now that he has the key players from the classic line-up on board. I'd imagine they're all watching the Vegas gigs and Coachella very closely to see what the reception to the "regrouped" GN'R is, before making any decisions.

I think there's a really good chance Slash and Duff end up on CD II, I think that's what Slash has been doing in the studio.

MSL has said Axl actually has a good relationship with the label, that everyone involved with the CD release debacle are no longer there, and Slash is a really good trump card for any release.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Regular fans won't care if it's a cd retread. They just want Axl and Slash

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I thought an article said 2 songs were being made for movie soundtracks (I'd guess one of 'em is Independence Day 2).  Would surprise me. Similar to how VR released the Money cover for The Italian Job, something like that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm in the group that thinks we're getting something this year whether its a new GH with a new song or CD II.

The GH or a single more likely. We're not getting EVERYTHING year one of the reunion.

buzzsaw wrote:

Regular fans won't care if it's a cd retread. They just want Axl and Slash

Yep. You could throw one Slash solo on there, call it the return of GNR, hotcake selling commences.

I thought an article said 2 songs were being made

That rumor originated at Sludge.

Board footer