You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: Big Surprise - We're almost all on the same side!

slcpunk wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I am delighted that the forums in general are lit up over this reunion and all the haters from both sides have quietly stopped the civil war.

Surely we can all find something to bicker about...

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Its a nice change from how bad it got years ago.

I got too caught up in all of it.   In the end, its the music we love.   No reason to hate about it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah the fan "war" was really bad. Not just Axl vs Slash either. So many different factions and people being in various factions. Very unhealthy for the fan base.

Its like you HAD to take a position. Its all very strange when you look back on it. Like....I love both Axl and Slash but when pushed into a corner to take a stand.....I'm in the Axl camp. Not a huge Finck fan but really like some of his work so I gotta defend him on that front from his haters.....and of course Bucket who had a hardcore base that had to club Ron fans as if they were baby seals. Tommy had a niche group as well which I would be in off and on.....then the Fortus nuts.....list goes on and on.

Now we get to hold hands and maybe get what both sides always wanted....a reunion AND new music.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I'm in the Izzy camp. izzy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The only camp that includes almost everybody.

I hope he noticed that if he ever cruised the forums.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

But I'm in the diehard Izzy camp where everything that took place without him during UYI Tour was not GN'R and whatever the fuck they're doing right now is not GN'R without him either.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

But I'm in the diehard Izzy camp where everything that took place without him during UYI Tour was not GN'R and whatever the fuck they're doing right now is not GN'R without him either.

Yea that's the 1% club there.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Cramer wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yea that's the 1% club there.

And what's the Adler or Bust club? 0.1%? 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm in that other 1% club. Whatever Axl puts his name to. Though I also recognize that the original GN'R died in 89. Adler brought important groove.

Doesn't mean I want to hear it again given the circumstances. In a lot of ways that image of the 80s band is best left untainted, can only be tarnished now.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I'm in that other 1% club. Whatever Axl puts his name to. Though I also recognize that the original GN'R died in 89. Adler brought important groove.

Doesn't mean I want to hear it again given the circumstances. In a lot of ways that image of the 80s band is best left untainted, can only be tarnished now.

Yes, even if you get them back together it will never be the same. Anyone hoping for the Appetite reunion actually needs a time machine more than the reunion of a bunch of 50+ year olds who are way past their prime.

Board footer