You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

Re: Big Surprise - We're almost all on the same side!

RaZor wrote:

+1  for people that want to hear Slash on some CD songs, I'm very excited about this.  But I'm more excited over the possibility of hearing Axl sing Fall to Peices and Slither.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

RaZor wrote:

+1  for people that want to hear Slash on some CD songs, I'm very excited about this.  But I'm more excited over the possibility of hearing Axl sing Fall to Peices and Slither.

I think that is much less likely given they aren't songs techincally in the GnR catalogue.. but I'm open to whatever the band and Axl wants to do.

johndivney wrote:

I'd turn my back to the stage in protest if they did any VR numbers.
& nobody would have a clue what the fuck I was doing.
I'd maybe just go to the bar/for a piss instead..
Let's hope it doesn't happen tho.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

RaZor wrote:

21 doing Street of Dreams, Better or TIL would be very interesting.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Would rather just hear some CDII songs if we're talking right now. New stuff would have to be worked on. If they are going to do something I don't want it to be half assed.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Would rather just hear some CDII songs if we're talking right now.

That'd be cool, but there's a part of me that would and does feel sorry for folks like Robin and Tommy who laboured on that material for a long time and were robbed from the opportunity to play them live.

We can go around in circles on how they were employees, but creativity is still just that - their personal expression and contribution. It would be bittersweet to hear the UYI/CD hybrid do Atlas Shrugged or The General. I guess I'm in the minority there, but it's a shame Axl left the job halfway done with his band.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
polluxlm wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Would rather just hear some CDII songs if we're talking right now. New stuff would have to be worked on. If they are going to do something I don't want it to be half assed.

All of the above brother. 

For all we know, releasing CD2 might still be the plan.  And 4tus did say that at least one song was written around something Slash had done, so I imagine we'd hear at the very least that song if they do indeed release / tour CD2.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Would rather just hear some CDII songs if we're talking right now.

That'd be cool, but there's a part of me that would and does feel sorry for folks like Robin and Tommy who laboured on that material for a long time and were robbed from the opportunity to play them live.

We can go around in circles on how they were employees, but creativity is still just that - their personal expression and contribution. It would be bittersweet to hear the UYI/CD hybrid do Atlas Shrugged or The General. I guess I'm in the minority there, but it's a shame Axl left the job halfway done with his band.

I think all of those original pre Ron demos will make their way out to us in their original form.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

It would be kinda funny if they do release new stuff and it turns out it's the music/ideas that they first worked on together all those years ago (around the TSI time).  Didn't Fortus say recently before the reunion annoucement that they were working on songs that Duff and Slash first worked on years ago. 

Pretty funny if it comes full circle.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
RaZor wrote:

I think that is much less likely given they aren't songs techincally in the GnR catalogue.. but I'm open to whatever the band and Axl wants to do.

It'd be like Soundgarden performing hits from Audioslave. Not gonna happen. No reason for it to. GNR's discog too deep and too many covers they have for there to be any reason for VR material in a 2 hour+ set.

johndivney wrote:

Like I always say monkey, there isn't one song on CD that couldn't have been improved by Slash..

Any notion that CD is too complex or whatever the fuck is bullshit

I agree that its not "too  complex". Only nerds sucking a crack pipe believe that. Some of it is definitely going in a different direction than the old band(Riad, Shacklers, Silkworms) and I've heard teens on youtube play that killer outro of Buckethead on TWAT. Slash could play it too.

I disagree that he could've improved every song on the album. Riad is too far out of his comfort zone. Its practically a Praxis track with Axl singing. Bucket laid down a perfect solo to fit the song, Ron destroys it, and I don't see how Slash could improve anything on it. Musically it might be the best moment of the Cd LIneup. He could NEVER have topped Bucket's IRS solo. Its perfection. Same with Sorry. If the World didn't need improving either. Shacklers would need to be revamped if Slash contributed to it.

Songs like TIL beg for Slash and I do agree with those who say CITR needs him really bad. Ron ruined it. The 99 demo is killer but I always said Bucket needed to rework it. Slash could've saved it too. CITR is one of Axl's best moments lyrically and deserved music to equal it. I loved the 2002 version of The Blues with Finck being featured more prominently and its one of his best moments IMO but once they decided to neuter it in 2006, yeah let Slash take a stab at that crap.

2002 version.....Slash not needed.

Board footer