You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Super Bowl predictions

PaSnow wrote:

I agree on two points. 

#1, if I was Denver, I would play the run & play press coverage, and ask your CB's & Safeties can win the game for you.

#2 I do think Cam is misinterpreted. I think it's just a joy of playing, and expressing himself motivates him to play better throughout the game.  I don't think it's trash talking, even if it is we've seen that with tons of players before. I compare him more to TO, a genuine guy who's nice enough, and has decent intentions. I also think Cam uses it to lift up others, and his teammates eat it up and rally behind him. Think about it, if you were an OL or even an LB wouldn't you be a bit more enthusiastic during the game with him playing on your team as opposed to a Sam Bradford, Joe Flacco or Matt Ryan?!  I think that's what seperates him, so far at least.  (Yes I"m aware the Ravens won a SB with Flacco, and I give him credit for that, but I don't think he's the 'Leader of Men' that Cam is. We'll see).  I view Brady the same way, I like his passion. Hated it for about the first 10-12 years of his career.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I love Cam, he played for my school, but never under estimate Manning.

I wouldn't be too worried about Peyton. He's pretty much a game manager at this point. Don't get me wrong, he still has a great football mind and checks into the right plays. But this isn't vintage Peyton Manning who is going to go out and throw for 400 yards and 5 TD's. If Denver has any shot they need their defense to carry them and they need some production from the running game.

I really don't see Carolina having much of a problem. Denver did a great job against Brady, but a) that was at home & b) the Patriots had ZERO running game. Denver can't just sit back and worry about covering the receivers. In fact, they'll probably focus heavily on stopping the Carolina running game. Denver isn't too great covering TE's, so Greg Olsen could have a big game. And Cam was built for a stage like this, at least this season he was. Storybook season for him and the Panthers.

Carolina 30 Denver 10

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Like pasnow I hated Brady for years. Never denied the talent but just couldn't stand the guy. Started to appreciate it more as I realized I was basically watching the Montana of this generation. Same with Manning. Don't like him but appreciate it because when they're gone, they're gone.

What pisses me off is that we never got a NE-Chicago SB in the early mid 00s like we should have. The timing was off and other things factored into it as well.

I didn't watch much football this year unfortunately. Going to watch it all next year since some careers are winding down for many of the legends.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Like pasnow I hated Brady for years. Never denied the talent but just couldn't stand the guy. Started to appreciate it more as I realized I was basically watching the Montana of this generation. Same with Manning. Don't like him but appreciate it because when they're gone, they're gone.

What pisses me off is that we never got a NE-Chicago SB in the early mid 00s like we should have. The timing was off and other things factored into it as well.

I didn't watch much football this year unfortunately. Going to watch it all next year since some careers are winding down for many of the legends.

Almost had a NE/Chi SB in 2006. NE blew a 21-3 lead over Peyton and the Colts that year in Indy, losing 38-34 after Brady was picked off on the final drive throwing to the likes of Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gafney. So instead, Peyton got his one SB win over the Bears that year. Too bad the Bears didn't have a QB better than Rex Grossman during those years. Their defense was quite good.

James

James wrote:

I'll never forgive them for putting Rex back in. One year they had like a 9 game win streak going with Orton when Rex was injured but as soon as Rex was healthy, put him back in and it went to shit. Orton wasn't a great QB but that Bears team with a monster defense just needed a game manager along the lines of a Dilfer, McMahon,etc. and Rex wasn't it. I bet Thomas Jones was livid. The fat lady was pretty much singing when he bailed.

That team deserved to go to multiple SBs in that 03-07 period. When Favre was up for grabs they should have offered everything under the sun to get him. His career was winding down but it would've given them one last shot at a run.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I'll never forgive them for putting Rex back in. One year they had like a 9 game win streak going with Orton when Rex was injured but as soon as Rex was healthy, put him back in and it went to shit. Orton wasn't a great QB but that Bears team with a monster defense just needed a game manager along the lines of a Dilfer, McMahon,etc. and Rex wasn't it. I bet Thomas Jones was livid. The fat lady was pretty much singing when he bailed.

That team deserved to go to multiple SBs in that 03-07 period. When Favre was up for grabs they should have offered everything under the sun to get him. His career was winding down but it would've given them one last shot at a run.

I forgot about that controversy. Orton was much better for them. Grossman had a higher ceiling but he was way too much of a loose cannon. They had no shot at winning it all with him at the helm. It's amazing how important a good QB is to a franchise, and it's even more amazing how hard it is to find a good QB.

James

James wrote:

Wasn't the SB the year of that Orton-Grossman controversy NE-Carolina? Had they left Orton in... it would've been NE-Chicago.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Wasn't the SB the year of that Orton-Grossman controversy NE-Carolina? Had they left Orton in... it would've been NE-Chicago.

No, that was New England's 2nd SB win, the 2003 season. That was a crazy game. All defense in the 1st and 3rd quarters, all offense in the 2nd and 4th. It's like they were feeling each other out at the start of each half.

James

James wrote:

The Pro Bowl is completely meaningless now. Its a joke. Its time to discontinue it permanently. It has been irrelevant for eons but years ago it was semi interesting.  I used to say it should take place before the season starts or in the middle of the season. Neither option had a chance and they've now turned it into shit.

PLEASE get rid of it. It's an embarrassment. Fans should boycott the damn thing and that will cause them to pull the plug. I know that I will never watch it again.

faldor

faldor wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The Pro Bowl is completely meaningless now. Its a joke. Its time to discontinue it permanently. It has been irrelevant for eons but years ago it was semi interesting.  I used to say it should take place before the season starts or in the middle of the season. Neither option had a chance and they've now turned it into shit.

PLEASE get rid of it. It's an embarrassment. Fans should boycott the damn thing and that will cause them to pull the plug. I know that I will never watch it again.

Yeah, I used to at least tune in for a few plays here and there. But I can't even bring myself to do that anymore. The other problem is very few players really want to play in the game, or are unable to due to the beatings their bodies took through the season. The Patriots had 7 Pro Bowlers, and none of them opted to play. I don't know the exact number, but with all the replacements there must be well over 100 Pro Bowlers. It's not as exclusive a club as it should be.

Board footer