You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Guns N’ Roses Reportedly Casting New Music Video (fake)

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We need a Doom and Gloom type video in this situation. . Right before the tour, whip up a new song, throw a video out there, and stir up the hornet's nest.

THis is a bad ass song. I wish it didn't even exist yet and Axl and Izzy were the ones to cook it up instead. 16 I can imagine a modern day GNR doing something similar.

While thats a cool Stones track, (especially for this late in their career!) I'd expect way more than a throwback Stones style tune from a reunion line up.

Instead, I'd want a big fuck off Wicked Stone style track with Axl spitting venom on top. Now THAT would a killer comeback single!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Instead, I'd want a big fuck off Wicked Stone style track with Axl spitting venom on top. Now THAT would a killer comeback single!

Yes, indeed. They need to come out with an angry, aggressive and lean sounding first single, Jungle-style. Save the Elton/Queen influenced balladry for the third or fourth single to show that this is still the more mature UYI-style band, but bring back that anger before going into that self-indulgent melodramatic lamenting again.

CD (the song) was probably the closest thing to such a song on CD (the album), but the vocal melody needs more energy, closer to the staccato machine-gun style in the pre-chorus of YCBM.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Doom and Gloom type situation not good enough for ya? How about a killer comeback  song on an upcoming summer blockbuster?

AtariLegend wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Doom and Gloom type situation not good enough for ya? How about a killer comeback  song on an upcoming summer blockbuster?

Think more "You Could Be Mine" a track that actually gets associated with the soundtrack tongue. Seen that film a few times, don't remember that song.

James

James wrote:

I haven't even watched The Avengers. Them writing Live to Rise for that film put them back on the general public's radar. Buzz was starting to die down a bit and then BAM....new comeback single everywhere.

Yeah I know.....not good enough for GNR. 16

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Remade version of IRS: It's such a crime you know it's true

AtariLegend wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Remade version of IRS: It's such a crime you know it's true

Regardless of what anyone on a forum says that should have a single in 2006, the media/critics liked it. In 2008 it was too late and yesteryear's news even if had got released then.

James

James wrote:

Technically it should have been released in 2003 as a single when the world went ape shit that it was played on Trunk's radio show. As the buzz was instantly gaining steam, the GNR camp immediately sent a cease and desist and snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Even if we weren't close to an album coming out,  they should have allowed radio stations across the world to play it anyways.

I cant even imagine how frustrated Bucket, Tommy,etc. were when they saw it being pulled at a time when good publicity would've helped the project tremendously.  Might have even played a role in Bucket saying fuck it and walking away.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bucket with Slash would have been fucking insane. Bucket, unlike Zakk, doesn't have to hog the spot light all the time. I think that would have been killer to hear those two on the same track. Slash do Slash and Bucket do Bucket. I wouldn't want Slash trying to shred or bucket trying to be a blues rock guy.

James

James wrote:

That combo sounds GREAT on paper but I don't know how it could possibly work. Bucket could not be in the Izzy/Gilby/Fortus role. So in an alternate universe where both Bucket and Slash are in GNR you would definitely need a 3rd guitarist to 'anchor' these two down.

Board footer