You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

James wrote:

I didn't say you were supporting it. That came out wrong. I was making a general statement about white people who are huge advocates of this movement and support everything #Blacklivesmatter when in reality they'd be shaking in their boots if placed in a situation with even a small group of its real supporters.

We had a member here who lived on the east coast but was moving to Ripon or some other town near me. Forgot who it was. If you're lurking, still live in this region, and do happen to support this, head on over to Paradise and Bystrom and start pontificating about how much you support them in this cause. I'll monitor a scanner to see how long it takes the ambulance to pick you up.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This woman pretty much nails it.

James

James wrote:

Well Flagg literally just summed up the entire issue in one post.

The crime statistics you posted really irk me as well. Black on black crime is at epidemic levels but if a white guy shoots a black guy, its breaking news on CNN and twitter feeds expressing outrage stretch a light year across.

If a white teen girl gets raped and murdered by a black guy, media will bury the story or if reporting it, will do everything in its power not to reveal the color of the killer's skin as it might come across as "racist". Fuck that shit.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I didn't say you were supporting it. That came out wrong. I was making a general statement about white people who are huge advocates of this movement and support everything #Blacklivesmatter when in reality they'd be shaking in their boots if placed in a situation with even a small group of its real supporters.

We had a member here who lived on the east coast but was moving to Ripon or some other town near me. Forgot who it was. If you're lurking, still live in this region, and do happen to support this, head on over to Paradise and Bystrom and start pontificating about how much you support them in this cause. I'll monitor a scanner to see how long it takes the ambulance to pick you up.

White liberals are pretty insufferable... I will say a good many do really genuinely care, but I've known too many who love patting themselves on the back with how hip they are.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/07/charles … 670dadf7de

Charles Barkley, black superstar basketball player who grew up 10 minutes from me.

James

James wrote:

One other thing...Flagg was spot on about how the media will cherry pick the upper middle class girls who get murdered like Holloway, Ramsey, etc. and push those to the moon while others get ignored. Its not just poor blacks that get ignored though...poor white victims get ignored as well.

The media is playing a HUGE role in pushing #BlackLivesMatter and they better be careful with it.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

The white people at the BLM matters rallies look like the biggest hipster posers I have ever seen. Lol. They have so much white guilt they have to march for their "cause".

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

One other thing...Flagg was spot on about how the media will cherry pick the upper middle class girls who get murdered like Holloway, Ramsey, etc. and push those to the moon while others get ignored. Its not just poor blacks that get ignored though...poor white victims get ignored as well.

The media is playing a HUGE role in pushing #BlackLivesMatter and they better be careful with it.

Natalee Holloway is from my town, she lived maybe 10 minutes away from me. That was a murder mystery in a far away land so I kind of understood that but I agree. They pick and choose.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

White liberals are pretty insufferable... I will say a good many do really genuinely care, but I've known too many who love patting themselves on the back with how hip they are.

That's really messed up man....no critical analysis at all....just spewing hate. I take it you're a Trump backer.

I just don't get the point of it. It gets you absolutely nowhere. As a self-proclaimed "white liberal," all I have to offer is an attempt at empathy and a genuine sadness about a problem that seems to have no solution. I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm not being smug, and I'm certainly not denying my own whiteness.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That's really messed up man....no critical analysis at all....just spewing hate. I take it you're a Trump backer.

I just don't get the point of it. It gets you absolutely nowhere. As a self-proclaimed "white liberal," all I have to offer is an attempt at empathy and a genuine sadness about a problem that seems to have no solution. I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm not being smug, and I'm certainly not denying my own whiteness.

ID is a democrat and is voting for Hilary.

Board footer