You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

White liberals are pretty insufferable... I will say a good many do really genuinely care, but I've known too many who love patting themselves on the back with how hip they are.

That's really messed up man....no critical analysis at all....just spewing hate. I take it you're a Trump backer.

I just don't get the point of it. It gets you absolutely nowhere. As a self-proclaimed "white liberal," all I have to offer is an attempt at empathy and a genuine sadness about a problem that seems to have no solution. I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm not being smug, and I'm certainly not denying my own whiteness.

ID is a democrat and is voting for Hilary.

That's surprising given the rhetoric.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That's really messed up man....no critical analysis at all....just spewing hate. I take it you're a Trump backer.

I just don't get the point of it. It gets you absolutely nowhere. As a self-proclaimed "white liberal," all I have to offer is an attempt at empathy and a genuine sadness about a problem that seems to have no solution. I'm not pointing any fingers, I'm not being smug, and I'm certainly not denying my own whiteness.

ID is a democrat and is voting for Hilary.

That's surprising given the rhetoric.

I respect he can be open minded and critique his fellow DEMS even if he agrees with many of their views.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hahaha the Transgender bullshit fed down our throat then this happened

https://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/tran … .eemNJg3Lg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I didn't say you were supporting it. That came out wrong. I was making a general statement about white people who are huge advocates of this movement and support everything #Blacklivesmatter when in reality they'd be shaking in their boots if placed in a situation with even a small group of its real supporters.

We had a member here who lived on the east coast but was moving to Ripon or some other town near me. Forgot who it was. If you're lurking, still live in this region, and do happen to support this, head on over to Paradise and Bystrom and start pontificating about how much you support them in this cause. I'll monitor a scanner to see how long it takes the ambulance to pick you up.

White liberals are pretty insufferable... I will say a good many do really genuinely care, but I've known too many who love patting themselves on the back with how hip they are.

That's not spewing hate, I just don't buy into the bullshit. Like I said, a lot of white liberals are genuinely sincere, a lot of others are not. Like Obama said, too many people refuse to look at context.

The biggest issue I have with BLM, not counting their tactics to try and provoke police for the cameras at their marches, and they allow these little splinter BLM groups who preach hate, violence and criminality under a "political resistance" but maintain they have no central leadership (bullshit) so theytake no responsibility and at the same time do not disavow that behavior, but it's the fact that their movement has, intentionally, no attainable goal, there's no way to find common ground, white will always be the problem. We have

White privlage
White resentment
White fear
White hate
White fragility
White guilt
White feminism
White power, etc., etc., etc.

They have a category for everything. It's intentional sepretism.

White liberals refuse to accept the 30 million whites (more than all poor minorities combined) who live in poverty and have no privlage. The fact white liberals talk about various white communities in ways they never would about minorities, can you imagine a white liberal calling blacks Jesus freaks? Yes, whites do have advantages, a lot don't. They are real, with real problems.

The white liberal coverage of the riots were deplorable. They REFUSED to call the looters and rock throwers thugs. They tried to justify the destruction as boiling over anger, not mindless destruction. They gave the thugs legitimacy. That was wrong. And, IMO, whiteness is another term for whitey.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

BLM has legitimate grievances. But their execution sucks. I'm not a fan of them at all.

However, one truth does not negate another. Just because they speak of injustices by police officers does not mean there is not a problem within the black community itself. Nor does it mean they are ignoring that fact or refusing to acknowledge it. It only means they are speaking to that particular issue (blacks who are dealt with much more violently than whites, blacks who receive much longer sentences, blacks who are constantly profiled etc)  Sure there are some that blame everything on whitey, just as there are those who blame everything on Obama (see this thread for more deets.) But that still doesn't render their central message false. They do however dilute their core message with their behavior though. (Splinter groups as in ID's post)

There are plenty of black leaders who address what is going on inside the black community. Perhaps they don't get as much TV time as BLM, but to claim they don't speak up on this issue isn't very accurate IMO.

And in regards to "black on black crime." Most crimes are committed inside their own race. There are plenty, if not more "White on white crimes" but you're not going to hear about it, because it's not a talking point of the right.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

There are legit issues black Americans face. We all acknowledge this...  But for some reason their group of folks seems to self destruct more than others. For example look at the Mexicans. Hispanic on Hispanic crime is WAY LESS. Are we admitting they come here illegally and stay out of trouble statistically more than black even though they barely speak English and many are in the same economic class?  Part of this is "culture" just like there is racism against blacks some black stereotypes are also enforced when you see BLM protestors act like fucking idiots pretty much on a daily basis. They have more excuses about why they struggle than any other group of people on the planet. Most BLM protestors were born in the 1990s but by the way they talk you would think they see lynchings on a daily basis.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Cramer wrote:

BLM has legitimate grievances. But their execution sucks. I'm not a fan of them at all.

However, one truth does not negate another. Just because they speak of injustices by police officers does not mean there is not a problem within the black community itself. Nor does it mean they are ignoring that fact or refusing to acknowledge it. It only means they are speaking to that particular issue (blacks who are dealt with much more violently than whites, blacks who receive much longer sentences, blacks who are constantly profiled etc)  Sure there are some that blame everything on whitey, just as there are those who blame everything on Obama (see this thread for more deets.) But that still doesn't render their central message false. They do however dilute their core message with their behavior though. (Splinter groups as in ID's post)

There are plenty of black leaders who address what is going on inside the black community. Perhaps they don't get as much TV time as BLM, but to claim they don't speak up on this issue isn't very accurate IMO.

And in regards to "black on black crime." Most crimes are committed inside their own race. There are plenty, if not more "White on white crimes" but you're not going to hear about it, because it's not a talking point of the right.

Yes, absolutely. And institutional racism does exist, the hoods and ghettos are living monuments to racism; slavery and Jim Crow segregation, these communities were formed because of those institutions and left to rot. Ironically, the white poor, especially of the Appalachians, are also a direct result of of slavery, as the planter class not only made a fortune off slave worked agriculture, but also real estate, placing poor whites on the worst spots of land and creating a mode of predatory lending that made it impossible to pay off their land. Those descendants STILL live on that land and are still poverty stricken.

There is legit criticism from the black community, but too many groups and a activists get in their own way with ego and arrogance. They all want to be a leader, they all want to be the smartest person in the room, they all want to be a Malcolm X, or Newton. A lot of it is not based from a good place, and these individuals end up being a spokesman for the movement. The way they frame an argument, where there is no solution, where they focus solely on anti "whiteness" rhetoric, there comes a time when you say, what's the point? Why try to work with them? Why listen? Why care? The resentment and prejudice (which they deny even exists) is impossible to overcome. Hilarry and Bernie both gave them unbelievable opportunities to have a platform and partnership with political leaders, and they blew it. They used the moment to make it about themselves and antagonize the very people who invited them to the table... Why? Because they're not looking for a solution, they're looking for a statement. I agree with a lot of what they say, and instead of being open to the points we have to make, to hear our side, we're told our opinions are irrelevant because of our whiteness. I don't listen to them anymore,  I just tune out. It's just not worth listening to when someone's main goal is to win an argument.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I live in a nicer neighborhood.  Houses are 150K+, not super huge, but big enough and expensive enough to keep the impoverished out.  It is predominately African-American.  It is interesting to be the minority, I'll say that.  We smile and wave at people and get largely ignored.  It's an interesting dynamic to say the least.  Being poor isn't the issue...the same stuff (including drive bys) happens here.  It's a cultural thing.  You can't blame it on being poor.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:

I live in a nicer neighborhood.  Houses are 150K+, not super huge, but big enough and expensive enough to keep the impoverished out.  It is predominately African-American.  It is interesting to be the minority, I'll say that.  We smile and wave at people and get largely ignored.  It's an interesting dynamic to say the least.  Being poor isn't the issue...the same stuff (including drive bys) happens here.  It's a cultural thing.  You can't blame it on being poor.

That's racist.  I mean, yes, when you look at cities with a similar poverty rate, yet different demographic makeup, you see reduced crime compared to blacks.  Yes, the most violent cities in America are also overwhelmingly black (Camden, NJ anyone?).  But because someone's great, great, great grandfather was a slave, that means they have to be violent.  Because Jim Crow ended in 1965 and limited to only the deep south, where most Blacks don't live, modern Blacks in the north suffer some intangible blight that forces a 50% high school graduation rate, 70% out of wedlock birth rate and a crime participation rate many times higher than any demographic.  What I'm trying to say is, black people aren't responsible for their individual or collective behavior in America, and you pointing out their personal actions is racist.  cool

Board footer