You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

johndivney wrote:

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing this sort of thing before in history class..
Or maybe it was an episode of the west wing..

She's suddenly a frail old woman. & totally legitimises some of the prior discussion/doubts about her health. There's not enough pickle jars in the world to undo the damage of that footage.

It's like, what's the worst thing that can happen to a presidential candidate except you get caught murdering someone.. Well maybe having a threesome with two ladyboys, or sexting pics of your dick, or getting caught with a drug habit.. But it's certainly up there, fainting/seizure/overheating..
Frankly given what a cold, reptilian bitch she is I'm having a hard time buying into the overheating thing..

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I supported Bill Bradley over Al Gore in 2000 and I remember he had a similar health issue, he fainted and had to be rushed to the hospital. He also had a history of heart problems and Gore's campaign and the media hammered him on it right when he started to make ground on Gore. He didn't have another health scare since and we lost out on a potentially great president because of it, IMO. I'm not going to get caught up in that crap again.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I forgot about that, but it does ring a bell.  Forget Bradley (or anyone) even ran against Gore.  Geeez, why didn't Gore choose Bradley as his VP?!  Would've definitely added some electricity into the campaign, better than that snoozefest with Joe Lieberman. Awful choice.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

From what I remember, Bradley refused to be considered, but Gore wouldn't have anyway. Gore was pretty conservative, but yeah, Lieberman was THE worst VP choice ever.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This election will go down to the wire. Trump had a good night tonight.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Trump soars to 6 point lead:

http://www.latimes.com/politics/

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Trump has peaked too soon. He needed this a few weeks before the election. The polls have been swinging back and forth. They'll swing right back the other way in a month or so, and that's perfect timing for Hillary.

Even with this huge swing toward Trump, Hillary likely would win the election if it were held today.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

bigbri wrote:

Trump has peaked too soon. He needed this a few weeks before the election. The polls have been swinging back and forth. They'll swing right back the other way in a month or so, and that's perfect timing for Hillary.

Even with this huge swing toward Trump, Hillary likely would win the election if it were held today.

I don't know.  At this point looking at RCP, the state that would decide it is Virginia.  Clinton leads by 1 there and the MOE is 4.  It's a virtual tie.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

We should just forgo the election and give it to Trump - he's pretty used to having things handed to him.

No one will ever represent the establishment more than he....full of bluster....nothing to back up anything he says....

I got news for ya....Trump only helps Trump....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Damn, folks in this thread starting to get  a little scared about Trump... Means he has a good shot to win.

Board footer