You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

misterID wrote:

Eh, no one should be thankful that their ancestors were part of Holocaust because it allowed them to be part of an industrial revolution... And I don't think your comparisons are really fair. As a southerner, a son of confederate veterans, who actually has a tender spot in my heart for the rebel flag, not only should thery not be grateful, but descendants of slaves should get reparations, or some form of it. (Please don't say shit about food stamps equating reparations, because that's a line of racism that can't be back tracked)

I hate Trump because he's an idiot, not because he's politically incorrect (watch Bill Maher's show last night when his campaign manager was faced with every lie he has told) but I hate it worse that my beautiful southern people are the most gullible people on the face of the fucking earth.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Cramer wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Hilarious reading some of this.  Dodge, deflect.  Trump this, Trump that.  Arguing over who cares more about something that doesn't matter.  Nobody at all discussing the actual issues.  You guys are just a reflection of the problem we have and why the establishment has you all by the short hairs.  I get why none of the candidates are discussing the issues.  Neither of them have a workable plan for anything.

What I don't understand is why you guys keep ignoring the issues and playing the game they want you to play while pretending to have moral superiority over the other side. 

Nobody is going to change their mind.  All of you are going to believe what you're going to believe.  I am too, so don't think I'm not including myself.  Nobody has made a single compelling argument in this whole fucking thread.  Almost 200 pages of bullshit.  I gave up trying to get you to think because clearly you're not interested in it; you're just going to spew the bullshit you've read on internet memes as fact (both sides).  They both suck.  They are both evil.  The sooner you guys figure that out, the sooner we can have actual discussions towards a solution.  As long as you're sitting here defending either candidate, you're just wasting your time and proving your ignorance.  Fact.

False equivalency, irony and arrogance at its finest.

I don't recall anybody proclaiming how brilliant they were with such consistency.

The irony of course is that you repeat right wing mantra constantly, all while vehemently denying they have any impact your opinions. Your thoughts/ideas/commentaries all mirror the exact same talking points pumped out by the right wing media. I guess this is all a coincidence?

Quit using this thread as a means to work through your insecurities, and talk about issues then.

This made me laugh, thanks for that.  My insecurities...priceless. 

I don't repeat anything.  No right wing nut is saying both candidates suck, only the people smart enough to see what's going on here while idiots like you try and claim moral superiority while supporting a liar who is just as in the pockets of foreign powers as the person they are running commercials about being in the pocket of foreign powers.  I don't see any commercials about any issue; they are all about how bad the other one is, and you guys just play along. 

It's pretty easy to be arrogant when the competition is people like you.  Quite frankly it's not even a challenge and that's why I haven't bothered with you guys in weeks.  Take a step back.  Read the stupid things you keep repeating.  Someday you are going to look back at this and hopefully realize how idiotic you were.  Carry on with the stupidity until then.  Good day.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

It's rich vs. poor, and we're all losing while we all fall for this race war that's being perpetrated by the elitists.

I don't know how to begin to dismantle what's taken hundreds of years for the elites to build on the backs of us.

Electing another billionaire who will say or do whatever he's told is not the answer.

As nutty as he may be, a third-partier like Johnson is the only real shakeup that could happen. Yet he can't win.

I have little hope things can get better, but they could get a lot worse very quickly. The GOP might not like Trump, but I guarantee the folks who pull the strings are licking their chops to get ahold of Trump in the White House.

I think we're fucked either way.

Tell me I'm wrong. It might make me feel better.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

misterID wrote:

Eh, no one should be thankful that their ancestors were part of Holocaust because it allowed them to be part of an industrial revolution... And I don't think your comparisons are really fair. As a southerner, a son of confederate veterans, who actually has a tender spot in my heart for the rebel flag, not only should thery not be grateful, but descendants of slaves should get reparations, or some form of it. (Please don't say shit about food stamps equating reparations, because that's a line of racism that can't be back tracked)

I hate Trump because he's an idiot, not because he's politically incorrect (watch Bill Maher's show last night when his campaign manager was faced with every lie he has told) but I hate it worse that my beautiful southern people are the most gullible people on the face of the fucking earth.

I didn't say holocaust. And to suggest slavery is comparable to the complete genocide of a people is not only inaccurate, it cheapens the intentional actions taken against Jews and other "undesirables".

But why shouldn't someone acknowledge the positives of tragedies in the moment?  Those who suffered the tragedy of Hiroshima suffered greatly. But the American and Japanese who didn't perish in the forthcoming land battle were happy to be alive. The millions who suffered and perished in WW2 certainly didn't enjoy their pain. But can anyone deny that the West is much safer and happier as a result of the conclusion of that war?  All parties engaged in that war are better off now than before. They have 21st century technology and food at their disposal.

Blacks aren't due reparations because they haven't suffered. Not only are people not owed anything for what occurred legally at the time, they're not owed anything for something that never was inflicted on them. If any American Black was owed anything, it'd be those who suffered under Jim Crow and they alone.  And only for the grievances they directly received. Jim Crow was declared unconstitutional, ergo it never was legally enforced. Slavery was never ruled unconstitutional, and only is so because of the 13th amendment. I'm not making a moral argument for slavery, but pointing out you can't retroactively and selectively try to apply modern customs and law to events that ended centuries ago. Should Egypt provide reparations to every Jew?  Should England pay reparations to every American because they illegally exerted their control over us? 

Reparations are de facto given to blacks in this country just as they are to you and me. Whatever hardships our ancestors suffered to build the word we live in, is paid to their descendants by being able to live in this great country. Poverty in America is luxury in many of the countries most Blacks' cousins in Africa presently reside.

So to acknowledge that something horrific had positive outcomes isn't politically incorrect or factually wrong. It's pointing out that bad, horrible shit has happened to every race or creed since the dawn of man, and all of us are better off because humanity is driven to improve its situation in life.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Back to some serious stuff 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0BYqzdiuJc

Randall Flagg

Hajis just set off bombs in NYC and NJ and now they've stabbed people in Minnesota.  Now remember Clinton is the one who wants to follow Merkel by bringing in 100k of these savages.  Do you still wonder why Trump's support is swelling?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Reparations.... Lol. IT IS 2016, not 1966....  They don't want or need anymore bullshit handouts. That is a huge reason why the fuck much of the black race in the US is still trapped in poverty but many are living well in the middle class. There are ways to help African Americans escape poverty. Giving them more money is not it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Gary Johnson didn't make the first debate, FYI.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

I didn't say holocaust. And to suggest slavery is comparable to the complete genocide of a people is not only inaccurate, it cheapens the intentional actions taken against Jews and other "undesirables".

But why shouldn't someone acknowledge the positives of tragedies in the moment?  Those who suffered the tragedy of Hiroshima suffered greatly. But the American and Japanese who didn't perish in the forthcoming land battle were happy to be alive. The millions who suffered and perished in WW2 certainly didn't enjoy their pain. But can anyone deny that the West is much safer and happier as a result of the conclusion of that war?  All parties engaged in that war are better off now than before. They have 21st century technology and food at their disposal.

Blacks aren't due reparations because they haven't suffered. Not only are people not owed anything for what occurred legally at the time, they're not owed anything for something that never was inflicted on them. If any American Black was owed anything, it'd be those who suffered under Jim Crow and they alone.  And only for the grievances they directly received. Jim Crow was declared unconstitutional, ergo it never was legally enforced. Slavery was never ruled unconstitutional, and only is so because of the 13th amendment. I'm not making a moral argument for slavery, but pointing out you can't retroactively and selectively try to apply modern customs and law to events that ended centuries ago. Should Egypt provide reparations to every Jew?  Should England pay reparations to every American because they illegally exerted their control over us? 

Reparations are de facto given to blacks in this country just as they are to you and me. Whatever hardships our ancestors suffered to build the word we live in, is paid to their descendants by being able to live in this great country. Poverty in America is luxury in many of the countries most Blacks' cousins in Africa presently reside.

So to acknowledge that something horrific had positive outcomes isn't politically incorrect or factually wrong. It's pointing out that bad, horrible shit has happened to every race or creed since the dawn of man, and all of us are better off because humanity is driven to improve its situation in life.

What the fuck are you blathering about?

Did you copy and paste this from some where?

You're as self righteous as Trump, you're a match made in heaven.

I wish to remind you that you, personally, have done nothing. You have contributed nothing to this country. I think you need more reminders.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
misterID wrote:

What the fuck are you blathering about?

Did you copy and paste this from some where?

You're as self righteous as Trump, you're a match made in heaven.

I wish to remind you that you, personally, have done nothing. You have contributed nothing to this country. I think you need more reminders.

Haha. You're a real intellectual heavyweight. I served 9 years in the Army. I fought in Iraq. I paid more in federal taxes than the poverty line for a family of 4 last year. So tell me again what you've done for this country. Just another fucking loser.

And thanks for the compliment. When you hold a masters degree in political science, have traveled all over the world and have a job that pays 6 figures, you're forced to be able to articulate ideas the masses struggle with. Don't worry, I'm sure you can find something from Salon that will do your thinking for you.

Board footer