You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Axl S wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Hajis just set off bombs in NYC and NJ and now they've stabbed people in Minnesota.  Now remember Clinton is the one who wants to follow Merkel by bringing in 100k of these savages.  Do you still wonder why Drumpf's support is swelling?

Well this got horribly racist  really quick. Savages? "Hajis"?  Anyone who wants to label a bunch of refugees who've had their homes destroyed as savages is the real savage.

Haji isn't a racist term. Or I guess every single American soldier is a racist. And they are savages. Look at their literacy rates and beliefs compared to the west. I don't want them in my back yard, but I take it since you're no savage you're willing to open your home to them.

Always someone else has to sacrifice for your morals. Never require anything on your part.

Would happily have them where I live (I am a nice person, who welcomes other cultures)  and Haji is a racist term.

Their literacy rates compared with the West are unsurprisingly lower... they don't have life as good as most people in the West.

And the part in bold. What the fuck are you talking about?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I didn't say holocaust. And to suggest slavery is comparable to the complete genocide of a people is not only inaccurate, it cheapens the intentional actions taken against Jews and other "undesirables".

But why shouldn't someone acknowledge the positives of tragedies in the moment?  Those who suffered the tragedy of Hiroshima suffered greatly. But the American and Japanese who didn't perish in the forthcoming land battle were happy to be alive. The millions who suffered and perished in WW2 certainly didn't enjoy their pain. But can anyone deny that the West is much safer and happier as a result of the conclusion of that war?  All parties engaged in that war are better off now than before. They have 21st century technology and food at their disposal.

Blacks aren't due reparations because they haven't suffered. Not only are people not owed anything for what occurred legally at the time, they're not owed anything for something that never was inflicted on them. If any American Black was owed anything, it'd be those who suffered under Jim Crow and they alone.  And only for the grievances they directly received. Jim Crow was declared unconstitutional, ergo it never was legally enforced. Slavery was never ruled unconstitutional, and only is so because of the 13th amendment. I'm not making a moral argument for slavery, but pointing out you can't retroactively and selectively try to apply modern customs and law to events that ended centuries ago. Should Egypt provide reparations to every Jew?  Should England pay reparations to every American because they illegally exerted their control over us? 

Reparations are de facto given to blacks in this country just as they are to you and me. Whatever hardships our ancestors suffered to build the word we live in, is paid to their descendants by being able to live in this great country. Poverty in America is luxury in many of the countries most Blacks' cousins in Africa presently reside.

So to acknowledge that something horrific had positive outcomes isn't politically incorrect or factually wrong. It's pointing out that bad, horrible shit has happened to every race or creed since the dawn of man, and all of us are better off because humanity is driven to improve its situation in life.

What the fuck are you blathering about?

Did you copy and paste this from some where?

You're as self righteous as Trump, you're a match made in heaven.

I wish to remind you that you, personally, have done nothing. You have contributed nothing to this country. I think you need more reminders.

Haha. You're a real intellectual heavyweight. I served 9 years in the Army. I fought in Iraq. I paid more in federal taxes than the poverty line for a family of 4 last year. So tell me again what you've done for this country. Just another fucking loser.

And thanks for the compliment. When you hold a masters degree in political science, have traveled all over the world and have a job that pays 6 figures, you're forced to be able to articulate ideas the masses struggle with. Don't worry, I'm sure you can find something from Salon that will do your thinking for you.

Did you get your masters from Trump U?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What the fuck are you blathering about?

Did you copy and paste this from some where?

You're as self righteous as Trump, you're a match made in heaven.

I wish to remind you that you, personally, have done nothing. You have contributed nothing to this country. I think you need more reminders.

Haha. You're a real intellectual heavyweight. I served 9 years in the Army. I fought in Iraq. I paid more in federal taxes than the poverty line for a family of 4 last year. So tell me again what you've done for this country. Just another fucking loser.

And thanks for the compliment. When you hold a masters degree in political science, have traveled all over the world and have a job that pays 6 figures, you're forced to be able to articulate ideas the masses struggle with. Don't worry, I'm sure you can find something from Salon that will do your thinking for you.

Nah. Falwell university. Still waiting to hear your contributions to this country since you felt obligated to attack mine.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Nah. Falwell university. Still waiting to hear your contributions to this country since you felt obligated to attack mine.

I never said I contributed anything. You did....you expect special or better Treatment because you have lineage here. You're the one making outrageous statements like black people should be grateful for slavery because they didn't have to live in Africa anymore.

I don't claim anything as far as contribution is concerned. I am a white man who is not all that sure this country is so great for anything other than making money.

I see people abused and suffering HERE at the hands of other, more privileged Americans - but we wanna focus on ISIS?

I feel like my enemies are in my own neighborhood....they are the birthers making back room, good OL' boy deals congratulating themselves and saying things like those N*****s should be thankful we brought then her.

I ain't down for that....no matter how white I am....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I never said I contributed anything. You did....you expect special or better Treatment because you have lineage here. You're the one making outrageous statements like black people should be grateful for slavery because they didn't have to live in Africa anymore.

I don't claim anything as far as contribution is concerned. I am a white man who is not all that sure this country is so great for anything other than making money.

I see people abused and suffering HERE at the hands of other, more privileged Americans - but we wanna focus on ISIS?

I feel like my enemies are in my own neighborhood....they are the birthers making back room, good OL' boy deals congratulating themselves and saying things like those N*****s should be thankful we brought then her.

I ain't down for that....no matter how white I am....

I suggest you improve your reading comprehension, because I said no such thing.  I'm not owed anything or worthy of special consideration because of what I did, nor is anyone else.  That was my entire point.  I'm only guaranteed the rights and protections that all citizens are afforded.  Foreigners whom aren't American citizens and didn't enter this country legally aren't afforded those rights.  Just as some 25 year old black citizen isn't owed anything because his distant ancestor to which he probably doesn't even know their name, was treated poorly or unfairly.  When 70% of blacks in America are born out of wedlock, less than half graduate high school, and as a group, commit more than 50% of all homicides despite only making up 6% (blacks are around 12%, but violent crime is almost exclusively a male crime regardless of ethnicity) of the population.  So if your first thought for the woes of the modern black community is "it must be because some distant relative was a slave, so let's afford people with dark pigmentation access to education and jobs we won't offer others who might have actually earned special consideration" rather than "maybe you and your parents should make better decisions", one of us isn't even having an informed or logical inner-monologue. 

With that said, if you're not willing to refute my comments with facts or informed opinions, I don't see a need to continue to engage you in an intelligent discussion.  I'm not interested in your personal morality or what you "feel" is happening.  I participate in these political discussions because there's a lot of smart people out there who have informed opinions that challenge my own beliefs.  I want to improve myself, so by engaging in dialogue with others, I learn their point of view and have my own opinions and beliefs tested and challenged.   But I expect people to have actually researched and questioned their own narrative before they attack me as an ignoramus.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

In before Randall Flagg gets called a racist again!

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

And they are savages. Look at their literacy rates and beliefs compared to the west. I don't want them in my back yard, but I take it since you're no savage you're willing to open your home to them.

Haji might not be a racist term (although I doubt you're using it to distinguish from other Muslims that haven't been on a pilgrimage to Mekka), but calling an entire group of people savages just because of where they were born definitely is racism. No point in sugar coating it. Every time you make an assumption about an individual's character because of their ethnicity, you're being a racist. Sure, statistically there might be more savages amongst muslims (I agree... there are; but statistically there are more savages amongst Christians as well, compared to Atheists, Buddhists, ...), but that says jack shit about the individuals that are actually living in and trying to flee a fucking war zone. You assuming it does, is racist.

Randall Flagg wrote:

Always someone else has to sacrifice for your morals. Never require anything on your part.

Just. Fucking. Stop.... Why do you assume that we aren't willing to support our own ideas? I'm perfectly happy to pay taxes to support refugee programs over here. And what sacrifices are you making when someone gives shelter to a fucking refugee huh? That you feel slightly less safe than before? That you see more muslims in your neighborhood? Oh woe is you... You know that in the US you don't prosecute people before they've actually committed a crime, right?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

God bless Gov. Cuomo, unlike Deblasio he can call this terrorism.

Muslim is the suspect.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

God bless Gov. Cuomo, unlike Deblasio he can call this terrorism.

Muslim is the suspect.

But a citizen. Still, Trump will say we need to keep out refugees, when in fact this person wasn't a refugee. He won't care, and most people won't care. It is what it is and we'll all believe what we want.

My personal belief is Trump is creating enemies for the U.S. at a rapid rate by continually condemning all races/religions with his language. He wants to ban all Muslims, so guess what? All Muslims are going to hate us. He calls all Mexicans rapists and thugs, so they all hate us. It's not good. Very sad, as he might say.

AtariLegend wrote:

Board footer