You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Just explain how the Muslim bomber is alive and the guy in Charlotte isn't? That's all I'm asking.

And, yes, more white people may be shot, but as a proportion of the population, blacks are shot at a higher rate.

Blacks commit a higher amount of crime based on their population. Again, more than half of all murders are committed by blacks despite only being 12% of the population. So not only do you have more police involvement with blacks, they're still shooting more whites. No outrage. No movement.

I'm in Chicago for the week so I've been watching local news. A 12 year old black child was found burned beyond recognition in a recycling bin Saturday. Did that make national news?  A 6 month pregnant black woman was shot and murdered Sunday and her baby was delivered afterward. Did that make national news?

Why are there no riots for the 12 year old who was burned and tossed in a dumpster or the pregnant woman who was murdered?  Why isn't the media broadcasting these events?

See you come here for one week and presume to know everything about the city based on news reports?

I'm going to enjoy this again.

I have lived in this city for 10 years. You presume to know everything out about it by glossing over things based on a news report or two?

You presume to know everything about the problems here in Chicago based on a quick glance at a few cherry picked statistics.

Here's a couple things to think about, is it possible the black criminals are prosecuted more than white? Is it possible if they're also convicted at a higher rate because they're black?

There's outrage here all the time. So you're one day sampling of what goes on here in the city is purely asinine and  typical of Trump supporter.

Second, you also say you were informed by media reports but then asked the question why media doesn't report on the stuff? Hypocrisy right in your own words. Inconsistencies written in  your words.

I am emplore the rest of you to stop listening to this guy. He makes up things and talks about them as though they are already fact.

He cites statistics that are skewed based on obvious biases.

He cites opinion pieces and blogs as proof that his arguments are correct.

He comes to the city of Chicago for a week and presumes to know everything about it based on a couple of news reports. It's Jack-assery at its finest. You are  not to be listened to for any reason.  It's nothing but spin doctored messages and propaganda machine content.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Hilarious reading some of this.  Dodge, deflect.  Trump this, Trump that.  Arguing over who cares more about something that doesn't matter.  Nobody at all discussing the actual issues.  You guys are just a reflection of the problem we have and why the establishment has you all by the short hairs.  I get why none of the candidates are discussing the issues.  Neither of them have a workable plan for anything.

What I don't understand is why you guys keep ignoring the issues and playing the game they want you to play while pretending to have moral superiority over the other side. 

Nobody is going to change their mind.  All of you are going to believe what you're going to believe.  I am too, so don't think I'm not including myself.  Nobody has made a single compelling argument in this whole fucking thread.  Almost 200 pages of bullshit.  I gave up trying to get you to think because clearly you're not interested in it; you're just going to spew the bullshit you've read on internet memes as fact (both sides).  They both suck.  They are both evil.  The sooner you guys figure that out, the sooner we can have actual discussions towards a solution.  As long as you're sitting here defending either candidate, you're just wasting your time and proving your ignorance.  Fact.

I haven't really defended Hillary...I just loath Trump.

But what are the real issues? Buzz...in your opinion, what are the issues?

Shrinking middle class?
Immigration?
Terrorism?
Russia?
Economy?

I need you to be specific. I'll tell you one thing....I personally don't care to hear from the white community bitching about immigration.

In my experience, first generation people to this country work harder for less.

Get out of here with your racist, white guilt nonsense.  I don't believe the color of your skin or ancestry has dick to do with your potential. The horrors inflicted by or upon your ancestors have no bearing on you. But this country was founded by and built by white people.  Slavery was limited to the south by cotton farmers and had a negligible impact on the economy. Once industrialization came, slaves were worthless.

Every black person in America should be grateful their ancestors were slaves. Name a single African country where your average black is remotely as comfortable and privledged as your average black in America. The Latinos are no different.

This needs to be repeated in this thread...everyone needs to know where your ideas come from. The final two paragraphs from above are from Randall Flagg. This man has an agenda and this is the proof!

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Here is how Trump does debate prep:

https://www.gop.com/debate-prep-survey/

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Trump's base at their finest:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Here is how Trump does debate prep:

https://www.gop.com/debate-prep-survey/

LOL. Terrible. Tipping your hand before the big game.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I'm pretty disgusted at Hillary's comment that "white people" need to wake up about racism. It's cheap, divisive and condescending and outright stupid.  I would say the vast majority of "white people" don't need to wake up and they have a clear outlook of what's going on.

Pandering. Pathetic. Trump is going to win. Unless he implodes at the debates Hilary is in trouble.

She's still going to mop the floor with him. He just doesn't have the math. Hillary was acting like a politician but was still not even in the same universe with Trump when it comes to pathetic pandering.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This needs to be repeated in this thread...everyone needs to know where your ideas come from. The final two paragraphs from above are from Randall Flagg. This man has an agenda and this is the proof!

Not like that it doesn't. We don't do witch hunts here. He is allowed his opinions like everybody else.

Ease up on the personal focus. If you want to challenge him there are constructive ways of doing that.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Just explain how the Muslim bomber is alive and the guy in Charlotte isn't? That's all I'm asking.

And, yes, more white people may be shot, but as a proportion of the population, blacks are shot at a higher rate.

Blacks commit a higher amount of crime based on their population. Again, more than half of all murders are committed by blacks despite only being 12% of the population. So not only do you have more police involvement with blacks, they're still shooting more whites. No outrage. No movement.

I'm in Chicago for the week so I've been watching local news. A 12 year old black child was found burned beyond recognition in a recycling bin Saturday. Did that make national news?  A 6 month pregnant black woman was shot and murdered Sunday and her baby was delivered afterward. Did that make national news?

Why are there no riots for the 12 year old who was burned and tossed in a dumpster or the pregnant woman who was murdered?  Why isn't the media broadcasting these events?

See you come here for one week and presume to know everything about the city based on news reports?

I'm going to enjoy this again.

I have lived in this city for 10 years. You presume to know everything out about it by glossing over things based on a news report or two?

You presume to know everything about the problems here in Chicago based on a quick glance at a few cherry picked statistics.

Here's a couple things to think about, is it possible the black criminals are prosecuted more than white? Is it possible if they're also convicted at a higher rate because they're black?

There's outrage here all the time. So you're one day sampling of what goes on here in the city is purely asinine and  typical of Trump supporter.

Second, you also say you were informed by media reports but then asked the question why media doesn't report on the stuff? Hypocrisy right in your own words. Inconsistencies written in  your words.

I am emplore the rest of you to stop listening to this guy. He makes up things and talks about them as though they are already fact.

He cites statistics that are skewed based on obvious biases.

He cites opinion pieces and blogs as proof that his arguments are correct.

He comes to the city of Chicago for a week and presumes to know everything about it based on a couple of news reports. It's Jack-assery at its finest. You are  not to be listened to for any reason.  It's nothing but spin doctored messages and propaganda machine content.

I don't know what has inspired you to follow me the past few days, but let me apologize and offer an olive branch.  If you'd like to refute my ideas and offer your own, I'll be glad to listen.

I don't think I know everything about Chicago.  I'm in the city for a week about once a month.  I was simply pointing these tragedies as two events that in my opinion, are much more horrific than the the tragedy of police officers using lethal force.  Neither got national attention which is why I mentioned them.  I'm aware there's many factors unique to Chicago.  For example, I know that several years ago the police force made a concerted effort to arrest the leaders of several prominent gangs, creating a power vacuum. 

I don't think I've linked a single blog in any of my posting and no opinion pieces jump to mind either.  I don't know how repeating crime statistics in the US is biased, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume there is something to these FBI crime statistics you're aware of that I'm not.

Again, I apologize if I've inadvertently offended you.  Eager to participate in any fruitful discussion.  But if your posts are going to continue to be in the manner you've been following the past few days, please don't bother.  I'm not going to read them and no one else seems to be impressed with the quality of the arguments you're making when you come at me with this tone.  Apologies and hope to have meaningful discussion moving forward.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

Flagg, I'm almost certain you offended me at some point about 10+ years ago...where's my olive branch?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Charlotte is a wonderful city but currently is a real shit show. So fucked up...

Board footer