You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: 2016 Presidential Election Thread

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Please do not speak on my behalf, and then argue against that.

Oh and btw, this comment... umm... not sure how to take it.

Isn't this the ENTIRE BASIS of an internet message board?

I thought that was what the 'Reply' button was for...

I think what he means is that you are attributing ideas to him that aren't actually found in his text and then arguing against those propositions as if it was something he said 19

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What demographic is Trump going to win?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Hillary winning in a Reagan landslide? No chance. You think she is as well liked as Reagan?

I'm with Axlin to a degree. I don't buy all this Trump hate we keep hearing about. There is simply too many people showing up at his events for this to be as severe as the media claims.

Having said that, my personal support for him has waned. He made a fool of himself on some foreign policy subjects. ONly interested in him sticking it to the establishment at this point. If the maniac Cruz would bow out maybe Kasich could be the viable alternative.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Sanders is getting more people than Trump and his deficit in votes compared to Hilary is in the millions. Sometimes, like the woman card statement, I wonder if it's a self sabotage thing, because he's too smart to say that at the cusp of a general election.  Trump would be bored and miserable being president. And I think he knows this.

AtariLegend wrote:

Trump is just like his friend Vince.

You think he'd be bored? It would the ultimate ego trip for the guy.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yeah, because it's actual work. Winning would be the ego trip, not the work. He's spent the last 20 years licensing his name and playing golf every day. I don't see him enjoying himself.

AtariLegend wrote:

ChbLrBCUUAEEiJx.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
Cramer wrote:

Please do not speak on my behalf, and then argue against that.

Oh and btw, this comment... umm... not sure how to take it.

Isn't this the ENTIRE BASIS of an internet message board?

I thought that was what the 'Reply' button was for...

I think what he means is that you are attributing ideas to him that aren't actually found in his text and then arguing against those propositions as if it was something he said 19

That keeps the drama up around here.

It's fun to work a feud angle every so often.

I and Trump know that best. lolz

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Hillary winning in a Reagan landslide? No chance. You think she is as well liked as Reagan?

I'm with Axlin to a degree. I don't buy all this Trump hate we keep hearing about. There is simply too many people showing up at his events for this to be as severe as the media claims.

Having said that, my personal support for him has waned. He made a fool of himself on some foreign policy subjects. ONly interested in him sticking it to the establishment at this point. If the maniac Cruz would bow out maybe Kasich could be the viable alternative.

This

To be honest, this is exactly how I feel.

My personal feelings on the people running, is "my guy", the imaginary guy not running, is somewhere in-between Trump & Sanders. The middle ground between those two.

But I also feel, and I say this in defense of Trump AND Sanders... just because you lack foreign policy experience doesn't mean you're not right for the job.

Donald Trump is a Nationalist-Populist. And frankly... Donald has made that VERY VERY CLEAR from day one of him running. Whether he sticks to that or not... that has been his rally cry from day one.

Donald Trump, alot like Ron Paul before him, could give a flying shit what his "foreign policy" is. The two of them want to end the wars, bring everyone home, put up a wall North Korea-style, shut down the borders, and privatize America.

For the time being... i've wanted that for years. I think a TON of America would want that.

The problem is, for people like Hillary and the Bilderbergers and all the New World Order types, that is exactly what they DON'T want. They want UN soldiers, one-world globally... I mean come on... you've got Army Generals telling us in our life time we're gonna have a war with "little green men" and "hybrid soldiers". They talk like our next threat is going to come from the sky. Hillary too.They want the NAU (U.S., Canada & Mexico), the EU... all these sectors of the world. No more sovereignty. Just the UN.

In some ways, Donald Trump represents the last gasp of a by-gone era. A candidate preaching politics that would've been popular back at the turn of the century in Teddy Roosevelt's day. Sanders too. Preaching progressive politics that would've gotten him thrown on the Communist ticket (yes it existed) in America back in the 30's.

It'll be interesting to see how long it'll hold out. Either way... this is it. Someone like Trump, will never, EVER get this close again. No one in America will ever have this discussion again. It'll either be straight-Orwellian future or it'll be Civil War II next time. The establishment will lock down, and see the ace-in-the-sleeve move coming next time.

The only reason Trump got this far, is because he was underestimated. Most establishment people, including those in the outside world thought Trump would be seen as an absolute laughing stock and no one would take him seriously. He's a joke.

They were wrong.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What demographic is Trump going to win?

I don't think demographics determine wins. I've never bought into it, because the fact it's even tracked is racist, and frankly I don't buy the stats.

How do WE KNOW what the INTENT is of the voter?

We don't, and never will. There's no way to track something like that.

Many Republican insiders, just in the primary numbers, have said that when they tested all of their candidates, none of them tested across the board with significant support from all demos than Donald Trump. Cruz would have like one demo that liked him (think the Christian demo), but others that didn't like Hispanics. Hispanics liked Rubio, yet despite why Cruz & Rubio both said, they didn't appeal to all categories. Same goes for the lesser candidates, and insider jobbers like Kasich.

Trump will win the national election in the same way. He might not dominate one-single demo, but he'll take significant votes in all categories. Alot of white males, some anti-Hillary Democrats, some Millenials, some Hispanics, some Jewish, some Women, etc.

I will agree Hillary is a virtual lock for the majority of Women & Black demos. They always go Democrat, they always do. Jesus Christ go run as a Republican, and they'd vote for Satan if he was on the Democrat ticket. Not sure why... brainwashing I suppose. Can't tell you how many black friends and associates I know that vote Democrat by default, yet know literally nothing about politics. It's like they're programmed or something. Same goes for Christian friends voting Republican.

Board footer