You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: SLASH: 'Raised On The Sunset Strip' Documentary To Be Released On DVD

On February 5, Universal Music Group will release the 90-minute documentary "Slash: Raised On The Sunset Strip" on Blu-ray and DVD.

One of rock's most iconic figures is profiled like never before in "Slash: Raised On The Sunset Strip", a revealing and insightful film presented by DirecTV and Guitar Center. Combining new and archival footage with personal anecdotes from the legendary musician himself, as well as from many of his influences and colleagues, the documentary paints an intimate portrait of a hard rock hero's past, present and future.

"Slash: Raised On The Sunset Strip" features interviews with: Dave Grohl (FOO FIGHTERS), Joe Perry (AEROSMITH), Alice Cooper and Nikki Sixx (MÖTLEY CRÜE), as well as Slash's GUNS N' ROSES and VELVET REVOLVER bandmates Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. Follow Slash's journey from his start on the Sunset Strip to his current album, "World On Fire".
slashraisedonsunsetstrip.jpg

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash- … icof8oe.99

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

DirecTV has been promoting the shit out of him for years. That one Slash concert from a few years ago is still in their rotation.

AtariLegend wrote:

Off topic: I'm surprised Slash hasn't been nominated for a honor here in the UK as a first step to... a knighthood.

Okay, a Knighthood is pushing it, but less deserving people have got honors before.

johndivney wrote:

I also think it's odd Stoke or the uk hasn't tried to claim more ownership over slash. Prob happen posthumously, unfortunately.
In terms of a knighthood or a queens honour (tho completely deserved - well, contribution to British music would be stretching it a little..??) I'd defo prefer him to take the keef route than that of sir mick. GnR are anti-establishment to me, an alternative & honest way. Granted the stones were a little different having been busted by the English police/state, but the point of rock n roll remains the same - antithesis/anathema to the status quo.

But yea, it's about time Stoke had a statue or something of the guy. Maybe they already do..??
I know the British music press, mojo especially, love him so I guess that goes some way. P sure he gets lifetime achievement awards or that shit from them..?? Wikipedia would maybe know..

The Man.

AtariLegend wrote:

I've seen him now and again refereed to as British, but you know how it is. You're right though, it never really gets pushed.

Like sports, if it's positive their British.. if it's negative their Northern Irish, Scottish or Welsh.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I've seen him now and again refereed to as British, but you know how it is. You're right though, it never really gets pushed.

Like sports, if it's positive their British.. if it's negative their Northern Irish, Scottish or Welsh.

Even that 'Raised on the Sunset Strip', let's hope it takes him back to Stoke.
It's only the past few years Birmingham really started to grasp the history of Sabbath & there's defo a (small) market that people would visit Stoke as the birth place of Slash if they sold it properly. Like hardcore GnR fans if they're visiting England they'd travel to Stoke to see a plaque or statue..?? It's something for them to sell, no?

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

It's something for them to sell, no?

No. Remember according to a certain poster on this forum both areas are no go zones for non-muslims tongue.

johndivney wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

It's something for them to sell, no?

No. Remember according to a certain poster on this forum both areas are no go zones for non-muslims tongue.

Well.. That's true too. Fair point to be made wink
Can't have everything I suppose. I really wanted to do that Sabbath tour..

In fairness tho in that Slash has never hidden his affinity for the place. Just people sometimes don't know what they've got.. Til it's gone!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I have been curious to watch this since it was released by strangely was never able to find a copy online.  I found that kinda strange since every other TV appearance, documentary etc  is usually uploaded by fans within minutes of it screening.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

It's not great and pretty meandering. Grohl had some nice commentary.

Board footer