You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: ALICE COOPER Weighs In On GUNS N' ROSES Reunion: 'Why Isn't IZZY In Th

alicecooperswedenrockpressconference2014_4_638.jpg

Legendary rocker Alice Cooper has weighed in on the partial reunion of the classic lineup of GUNS N' ROSES, telling Rolling Stone magazine that the Axl Rose-fronted group "is always unpredictable, which makes them exciting."

GUNS N' ROSES — featuring Axl alongside guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan — will play on April 8 and April 9 at the new T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas before headlining California's Coachella Music And Arts Festival on April 16 and April 23.

Cooper, who took GUNS N' ROSES out on the road with him in 1987, shortly after the release of "Appetite For Destruction", told Rolling Stone: "I had a feeling [the GUNS N' ROSES reunion] was going to happen. GUNS N' ROSES is always unpredictable, which makes them exciting. I think those gigs will go through."

He added: "I'm just wondering why isn't Izzy [Stradlin, guitar] in there?" he says. "I don't know about drums, but certainly Izzy is viable. You'd think if Slash and Axl are working together — and Duff is one of those guys that gets along with everybody — then at least Izzy would be one of the guys who would be a shoo-in.

"And maybe he is, I don't know," Cooper continued. "I don't what their setup is with him. But it's like not having Brian Jones with THE ROLLING STONES, if he were available."

GUNS N' ROSES is reportedly negotiating with promoters to play as many as 25 stadiums in North America this summer. For the tour, GN'R is said to be asking as much as $3 million per show, with tickets topping out in the $250 to $275 range.

There is still no word on whether original Izzy, drummer Steven Adler will appear, along with any other past or current members of the group. Reports have suggested that current drummer Frank Ferrer, guitarist Richard Fortus, multi-instrumentalist Chris Pitman and keyboardist Dizzy Reed and will round out the lineup.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/alice- … 3zikz44.99

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
Alice Cooper wrote:

I'm just wondering why isn't Izzy [Stradlin, guitar] in there?

Because he's a recluse troubadour who turned his back on the shenanigans of the music industry 25 years ago?

tumblr_mx3nca5Nvg1sqkd9wo1_500.gif

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Could be a money thing.    Could be a loyalty thing to Richard.   Could be Izzy not wanting to be involved full-time.

I can't imagine there is bad blood between Izzy and the GnR camp considering he has been involved with them on various levels since 2006.   And he has always been fine with Slash and especially Duff.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Could be a money thing.    Could be a loyalty thing to Richard.   Could be Izzy not wanting to be involved full-time.

I can't imagine there is bad blood between Izzy and the GnR camp considering he has been involved with them on various levels since 2006.   And he has always been fine with Slash and especially Duff.

All those things could have come into play, but I think it boils down to Izzy just not wanting to commit. This doesn't appear to be a one off reunion in intent, it looks to be a continuation of Axl's band with Slash and Duff. Now if Izzy was willing to come back and be a full time member in GN'R, then I could see loyalty to Richard being a factor, but so happens Axl lost two guitarists, so there's room. Money wouldn't be a factor beyond Izzy having to accept a junior deal, which I think he would.

We'll see him perform though, of that I am certain. Adler too if he stays sober.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

At least his absence from the hoopla is getting some attention, which it most certainly deserves.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

polluxlm wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

All those things could have come into play, but I think it boils down to Izzy just not wanting to commit. This doesn't appear to be a one off reunion in intent, it looks to be a continuation of Axl's band with Slash and Duff. Now if Izzy was willing to come back and be a full time member in GN'R, then I could see loyalty to Richard being a factor, but so happens Axl lost two guitarists, so there's room. Money wouldn't be a factor beyond Izzy having to accept a junior deal, which I think he would.

We'll see him perform though, of that I am certain. Adler too if he stays sober.

These days Axl's band and GnR are one and the same since 1995..  but I get what you are saying.

Given all his past appearances, I too would be shocked if he doesn't at least show up here and there.   Adler I'm not convinced, but you never know.

Also, I'm mildly surprised Alice Cooper wouldn't be in the know about who is involved..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Also, I'm mildly surprised Alice Cooper wouldn't be in the know about who is involved..

Me too. Hell, he's the one who spilled the beans on the infamous comments from Ezrin(the three songs fiasco). Yeah I know he had connections to Ezrin but he has many connections.

They must seriously be keeping this close. We're in a holding pattern and have been for awhile. Silence from people who talk on a regular basis.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Google's official Gnr line up is Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Dizzy, Frank, Chris and Izzy. Looking at their pictures next to each other, that's a pretty fucking killer band.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Google's official Gnr line up is Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Dizzy, Frank, Chris and Izzy. Looking at their pictures next to each other, that's a pretty fucking killer band.

That would be great to have 4 of the guys back... But why are they so sure???  Or is this speculation?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Link please

Board footer