You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current SIXX: A.M. guitarist DJ Ashba says that he "loves" the fact that that a partial reunion of GN'R's classic lineup is finally coming together, but hopes that Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin will also be involved in the band's return.

Ashba, who joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck and stayed in the band until last July, was asked during a question-and-answer session on SIXX: A.M.'s Facebook page how he feels about GNR's reunion and guitarist Slash. Ashba responded: "I love it for the fans. However, I hope they bring in Steven, Izzy and even Matt [Sorum] and Gilby [Clarke]!" He added: "I've always been a fan of Slash's playing; that was a big reason why I took the gig!"


GUNS N' ROSES has so far announced six headlining performances in April, including two in Las Vegas and two at California's Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival, with singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan slated to perform together again for the first time in 22 years.

The rest of the band's lineup for the shows — and a potential tour later in the year — remains unclear, although keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus, keyboard player Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer are all believed to be involved.

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

Fan speculation around the involvement of original members Izzy Stradlin (guitar) and Steven Adler (drums) has been heavy, with Stradlin reportedly not interested in doing extensive touring and the band members not sure whether Adler, who has a longer history of drug problems than any of the other members, can hold it together on the road.

Ashba issued a statement in July 2015 saying that he was leaving GUNS N' ROSES. His statement read in part: "It is with a very heavy heart and yet great pride that I announce that I've decided to close this chapter of my life and encapsulate the wonderful times that I've shared with GUNS N' ROSES into fond memories. I have reached a point in my life where I feel its time to dedicate myself to my band SIXX: A.M., my adoring wife and family, and to the many new adventures that the future holds for me."

Ashba added: "I want to take a moment to thank Axl from the bottom of my heart for not only the most incredible experience of my life, but for truly believing in me. You are a true friend and a champion of mine and I am forever grateful. And even as I move on to pursue other endeavors, I will always remain one of your biggest fans. I also would like to thank each and every one of you fans for your love and support throughout the years."

djashbagnrreunion.jpg

Ashba said earlier in his statement that working with GUNS N' ROSES was "the most incredible journey I could have possibly imagined."


Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dj-ash … M8eY6J3.99

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

James wrote:

How many times is Ashba gonna weigh in on the reunion? Probably until it stops trending....

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

Jesus Christ...

Its the damn UN. Can I guess which representative has "veto power"? 16

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

Smoking Guns wrote:

I agree with DJ!

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

Intercourse wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How many times is Ashba gonna weigh in on the reunion? Probably until it stops trending....

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

Jesus Christ...

Its the damn UN. Can I guess which representative has "veto power"? 16

Its shocking isn't it? I really though Duff would call a big "fuck that shit" to this nonsense and demand that the original guys get in a room and reach workable solutions together.
Now we have yet more talking heads whose job it is to get as much as they can for their employer.
This will not end well unless those people are skilled, considerate negotiators...oh wait Team Brazil will be hissing and spitting for Axl..I predict at least one shit storm..

polluxlm
 Rep: 207 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

polluxlm wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Its shocking isn't it? I really though Duff would call a big "fuck that shit" to this nonsense and demand that the original guys get in a room and reach workable solutions together.

Duff is spineless. 14

A reunion doesn't make Axl Rose anything but Axl Rose. It's a circus, and you have to join it in this band.

James
 Rep: 625 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

James wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

How many times is Ashba gonna weigh in on the reunion? Probably until it stops trending....

According to Alternative Nation, there is an "oversight management committee" handling GN'R's affair, with Slash, Axl and Duff each having a representative and a fourth person representing the other members.

Jesus Christ...

Its the damn UN. Can I guess which representative has "veto power"? 16

Its shocking isn't it? I really though Duff would call a big "fuck that shit" to this nonsense and demand that the original guys get in a room and reach workable solutions together.
Now we have yet more talking heads whose job it is to get as much as they can for their employer.
This will not end well unless those people are skilled, considerate negotiators...oh wait Team Brazil will be hissing and spitting for Axl..I predict at least one shit storm..

Valid points.....but it is a business. Potentially hundreds of millions on the line,  so I certainly expected major negotiations with lawyers involved up the wazoo but this UN concept is really on the verge of jumping the shark.

Having said that...if that's what it takes to get this off the launch pad...then that's what it takes.

The interesting thing about that is the fourth representative. How much sway does that person have? Who EXACTLY do they represent? I'd imagine that Izzy and Adler are outside this little general assembly?

Honestly I'm not even sure if the situation is that unique and maybe other reunited bands have used a similar formula but we haven't heard about it before....the Eagles a great example. Maybe its a way to ease tensions and potential flareups by having these other people deal with specific issues.

I really though Duff would call a big "fuck that shit" to this nonsense and demand that the original guys get in a room and reach workable solutions together.

I cant even imagine them hanging out like they did in their youth, Duff especially. He's the big businessman of the bunch...probably brought the most lawyers. 16

I doubt any of these reunited bands hang out together like they did in the 'good old days'.

I cant wait to see them all onstage to see how they all interact with one another.

misterID
 Rep: 456 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

misterID wrote:

Christ, I thought we were rid of Ashba. He's like the God damn herpes of Guns N Roses history. Even when he's gone he's still there.

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I doubt any of these reunited bands hang out together like they did in the 'good old days'.

I cant wait to see them all onstage to see how they all interact with one another.

It'll be the same routine/repertoire that they had nailed down since '87. Obv the energy will be different but the performance'll be the same. Axl never bothered learning any new moves, Slash has hung onto his style like an identity.

The only time they'll see each other, or rather see Axl, is on stage. That's ok by me. It's their work, y'know? How often do you socialise with the people you work with? A professional relationship is all that's needed. I don't expect anything more.

polluxlm
 Rep: 207 

Re: DJ ASHBA Hopes STEVEN ADLER And IZZY STRADLIN Will Be Part Of GUNS N'

polluxlm wrote:
misterID wrote:

Christ, I thought we were rid of Ashba. He's like the God damn herpes of Guns N Roses history. Even when he's gone he's still there.

And he hasn't really said anything either. If he starts to dig in "the vault" of crazy Axl Rose stories, he can stay in the limelight for as long as he wants.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB