You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Guns N' Roses to headline Lollapalooza?

James wrote:

Four day passes for Lollapalooza 2016 go on sale Mar. 22, 10 a.m. CT, via lollapalooza.com. They will cost $335. Single day passes will be available at a later date.

It has not yet been announced who will be performing at the annual Chicago music festival happening July 28-31 in Grant Park. But it will surely be remarkable for this is the 25th anniversary of Lollapalooza, which was founded by Perry Farrell of Jane's Addiction and has become one of the most celebrated music festivals in the history of the human world.

Last year's Lollapalooza headliners included Florence + the Machine, Metallica, Paul McCartney and the Weeknd. Some of these iconic performances — along with those by artists including Alabama Shakes, Twenty One Pilots, A$AP Rocky and Charli XCX — were watched by fans around the world through Red Bull TV's exclusive Lollapalooza livestream.

This year, judging by who is headlining Bonnaroo, Primavera Sound and Coachella, the Lolla 2016 headliners will likely include some combination of LCD Soundsystem, Pearl Jam, Guns N' Roses, Calvin Harris and Radiohead (who was recently announced as a headliner of Lollapalooza Berlin). We'll keep you posted.

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/music/stor … ckets-sale

Thanks to Spirit at HTGTH for finding this.

James

James wrote:

When we were going bat shit crazy over festival rumors a couple months ago I figured Lolla would be in the running. Perfect festival for them to headline. This would knock other arenas/stadiums in Chicago out of the running of course but when SG headlined Lolla, they did a warm up show in Chicago three days before Lolla.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't think this confirms them playing it. Speculation from the writer from who is playing other US festivals.

AtariLegend wrote:

If you replace Radiohead with Adele, isn't that the exact same line-up that was rumored for Coachella?

Not that my Lollapalooza knowledge extends past The Simpsons tongue.

James

James wrote:

Crowd will certainly go bat shit crazy. I know many hate festivals(including me) but it doesn't look that bad.

James

James wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't think this confirms them playing it. Speculation from the writer from who is playing other US festivals.

Definitely not a confirmation but they're certainly in the running. IMO, if GNR want to do it, they get the slot.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

What kind of crowd does this draw? Problem with the big US festivals is rock is always second fiddle to a dumb ass behind a labtop or some hipster band you find out of a coffee house. 16

Heidipuz1
 Rep: 0 

Heidipuz1 wrote:

[youtube][/youtube]

Heidipuz1
 Rep: 0 

Heidipuz1 wrote:

Best ever??

James

James wrote:

Heidi..which youtube link were you trying to post? On this site when posting youtube links, instead of posting the whole link like....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQqR4bxrzlk

you post the GQqR4bxrzlk between [youtube][/youtube]

We should probably change it back to the old setting.

WElcome to the forum. 5

Board footer