You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Is it known why he departed from all bands and projects outside of his solo work starting in 2010?

I am aware that both of his parents have unfortunately passed away during recent years and that they were very close so I suppose that I might have answered my own question.

Either way I sincerely hope that he is doing well. Words cannot possibly describe how much I appreciate him as a musician.

Absolute legend.

bigbri
 Rep: 325 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

bigbri wrote:

I think he withdrew from touring and collaborating to care for his parents, he also had what most believe is back surgery. During this time he started releasing the pikes, probably while staying near home or at home. He needed money for his parents' medical bills and possibly his own. He realized he could make the most money by cutting out everyone else and doing things on his own. That includes touring and releasing music.

That's all my theory, of course. I very well believe much of the money he made with GNR has probably been used for a variety of bills associated with the medical care and death of his parents as well as his own medical situation.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

CSS 2.0 wrote:

That is terrible. Truly.

It might very well be a clichéd and common saying but life sure is not fair all the same.

America's health care system is rotten to the core - purely destructive.

Hopefully he is able to recuperate both emotionally as well as financially.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

Axlin16 wrote:
CSS 2.0 wrote:

That is terrible. Truly.

It might very well be a clichéd and common saying but life sure is not fair all the same.

America's health care system is rotten to the core - purely destructive.

Hopefully he is able to recuperate both emotionally as well as financially.

Completely agree with this.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

Couldn't get time off to go see the DC show next week. Fuck this store. I can't wait to get a new job very soon. I wish Bucket nothing but the best in good health.

James
 Rep: 612 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

James wrote:

Bucket added Cali dates. I cant go even if I wanted to.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

Doesn't help that almost all of his tour dates are on fucking week "work" days.

bigbri
 Rep: 325 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

bigbri wrote:
Me_Wise_Magic wrote:

Doesn't help that almost all of his tour dates are on fucking week "work" days.

To be fair, he plays nearly with no days off at all, so some have to fall on work days.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 84 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

bigbri wrote:

I think he withdrew from touring and collaborating to care for his parents, he also had what most believe is back surgery. During this time he started releasing the pikes, probably while staying near home or at home. He needed money for his parents' medical bills and possibly his own. He realized he could make the most money by cutting out everyone else and doing things on his own. That includes touring and releasing music.

That's all my theory, of course. I very well believe much of the money he made with GNR has probably been used for a variety of bills associated with the medical care and death of his parents as well as his own medical situation.

You'd hope that if that's the case, Axl and his former bandmates might put together some sort of a fundraiser. Hell, bring Buckethead along as an opening act.

Rex
 Rep: 50 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

Rex wrote:

I'll definitely be checking him out in Reno.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB