You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Alice In Chains as Opening Act in Vegas?

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This makes the cost for the tickets a little more justified.

I agree. Wish I was going. Just couldn't do it.  AIC is a terrific choice to open tho.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Interesting choice yet somehow not a shocker. He loves those bands. Was even in the Mad Season reunion last year. I had a feeling they would go the Stones route and take out a variety of huge artists/bands throughout the tour. Guess not.

That's what they should do to sell this thing as an event.

But if they are sticking with AIC for the whole tour that's not a bad choice either. For people growing up in the 80s and 90s that's looking like a pretty sweet deal for a show.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This makes the cost for the tickets a little more justified.

Yeah.....a little. 16

I saw AIC in 1991 when they opened for Anthrax, Slayer, and Megadeth. I was on the floor and we were standing like 10 feet or so from the stage. Cantrell was looking right at me. The arena wasn't full yet. Later that year in an interview he said something about hating how the metal heads or whatever would just stand there like they didn't know what to do. I wore a Slayer shirt that night. I knew he was talking about teens like me. 13 I really liked them though. We Die Young and Man in the Box had already been out and they were gaining momentum. I was just initially blown away since it was my first concert and I'm right in front of the band I had just watched on MTV. 16

A small mosh started going for MITB.

Love Hate Love was incredible.

The mosh pit for Slayer was obscene. Never experienced anything like it in my life and I wish it could have been recorded the way people use cell phones now. It would've had to be seen to be believed. Everyone on acid, meth, uppers, downers, all arounders,etc. going truly bat shit crazy. Other mosh pits pale in comparison and are a day on Sesame Street compared to that night.

Any time I hear War Ensemble it takes me back to that mosh pit.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I forgot about the price they're charging...

johndivney wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The mosh pit for Slayer was obscene. Never experienced anything like it in my life and I wish it could have been recorded the way people use cell phones now. It would've had to be seen to be believed. Everyone on acid, meth, uppers, downers, all arounders,etc. going truly bat shit crazy. Other mosh pits pale in comparison and are a day on Sesame Street compared to that night.

Any time I hear War Ensemble it takes me back to that mosh pit.

Haha! Love it! They don't make 'em like they used to!

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Nice choice.     One of the bands I've wanted to see but have yet to see.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

I saw Slayer, Pantera and Static X in 2001

My wife insisted on being on the floor, so during slayer we were a safe distance from the rowdy action and all of a sudden slayer goes into "angel of death" .... shit erupts my wife and her freind get knocked down ... luckily I was standing behind them and caught them both and was able to drag them back to a relatively calm area

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

shit erupts my wife and her freind get knocked down ... luckily I was standing behind them and caught them both and was able to drag them back to a relatively calm area

I feel bad for your wife and her friend getting sucked into it but similar chaos was erupting in my mosh pit. While I had to hit several guys in this insanity but that's to be expected, I was forced into knocking a couple girls to the ground just because they were basically running into people, lunging at them,etc. Acid trips I suppose. Come running at me, hit the floor immediately. Not something I'm proud of but I had no other choice at the moment. I finally got out of that shit and just enjoyed the Megadeth set away from the loons.

We were snorting meth through a straw right out of the bag. 16 No place to whip up lines.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This will go off. Especially if they bring their hits setlist.

I saw AIC twice within a week about 2 years ago.

The first was a small club show done as a sideshow to a festival. They played a lot of deep cuts and less known tracks - for hardcore fans it would have been great but I'll confess I was a little lost as I wasn't familiar with enough of the set - also the acoustics in that place couldn't handle the bass.

Then a few days latter I saw their festival show. It was amazing. Basically a classic hits setlist of all the songs you know and love from back in the day with the radio hits from Black Gives Way to Blue and Devil Put Dinosaurs Here. Epic Show - really went off!

Anyway this will be great with GNR. Sure it's stoner kinda music - but when they do stuff like "Dam That River" the place will be jumping for sure!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Something else though - AIC is a tight oiled machine...GNR will need to bring their A game - if Axl isn't ready it would be obvious following AIC.

Board footer