You are not logged in. Please register or login.

otto
 Rep: 83 

Re: Alice In Chains as Opening Act in Vegas?

otto wrote:

Saw this on Mitch Laffon's twitter:
GUNS N’ ROSES JOINED BY VERY SPECIAL GUESTS ALICE IN CHAINS FOR THEIR HISTORIC RETURN T-MOBILE ARENA, APR 8-9
#GnFnR

https://twitter.com/mitchlafon/status/7 … 8832993282

What do you guys think?
Good choice?

johndivney wrote:

Great band, love them & would love to see them live, but not much of an party atmosphere with them I imagine.. I'd have them on the bill, especially at a festival, but to warm the crowd up before GnR??

I can definitely see it happening - & it's been mooted before on here just about everytime GnR head on tour so there's obv an appetite for them. Just.. They're not a barrel of laughs are they?!

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Duff's helping his mates out. Last I heard, he was in talks to write a book about AIC.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Interesting choice yet somehow not a shocker. He loves those bands. Was even in the Mad Season reunion last year. I had a feeling they would go the Stones route and take out a variety of huge artists/bands throughout the tour. Guess not.

Wouldn't surprise me if AIC is the opener for the US tour....not just Vegas.

Duff's helping his mates out. Last I heard, he was in talks to write a book about AIC.

Now that would be an interesting read. Duff was in Seattle when grunge was still in its cradle.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Hate to say I told you so but I told you so!

Yes, perfect fit. The ties are strong. Duff with the Seattle guys, Mike Inez on Snakepit...older major act but not an 80s band.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Great band, love them & would love to see them live, but not much of an party atmosphere with them I imagine.. I'd have them on the bill, especially at a festival, but to warm the crowd up before GnR??

I can definitely see it happening - & it's been mooted before on here just about everytime GnR head on tour so there's obv an appetite for them. Just.. They're not a barrel of laughs are they?!

Yes. They are a barrel of laughs. They have awesome metal songs they play regularly. It's not like they do Jar of Flies in its entirety every night. Facelift is a straight up metal record.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Hate to say I told you so but I told you so!

Yes, perfect fit. The ties are strong. Duff with the Seattle guys, Mike Inez on Snakepit...older major act but not an 80s band.

Yes I was wrong u were right...I'm surprised tho!

Great choice I've seen them twice with monster truck opening twice...if both bands opened for the gnr "reunion" it may be a perfect gig!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Oh yeah...that's right. Flash picked AIC as the opener back when we were speculating.

This slightly increases the chances of a GNR-SG tour next year(or 2018).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

This makes the cost for the tickets a little more justified.

Board footer