You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Alice In Chains as Opening Act in Vegas?

johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Sure it's stoner kinda music

Haha you say that like it's a bad thing! Best kinda music mate..

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I like AIC.... Some of their shit can be very dark and depressing and want to put you to sleep before firing you up. They have so many fantastic songs though. Slash and Duff are boys with them. And even Weiland had a friendship with them from the VR AIC tour back in 2007.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
johndivney wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Sure it's stoner kinda music

Haha you say that like it's a bad thing! Best kinda music mate..

I can't disagree here. 16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Black Gives Way to Blue

Title track is amazing.

AIC is a tight oiled machine...GNR will need to bring their A game - if Axl isn't ready it would be obvious following AIC.

No offense to AIC.... but Axl/GNR will have no difficulties blowing them off the stage.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Black Gives Way to Blue

Title track is amazing.

AIC is a tight oiled machine...GNR will need to bring their A game - if Axl isn't ready it would be obvious following AIC.

No offense to AIC.... but Axl/GNR will have no difficulties blowing them off the stage.

If Axl does Micky, yes, AIC will be better. AIC won't suck vocally or band wise.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Black Gives Way to Blue

Title track is amazing.

I dunno man. It's on all Axl. We know Slash and Duff can still bring it. An out of shape, raspless, phoned in Axl will completely over shadow even the best playing from the band. And if rumors of him not even rehearsing yet are true... I have worries.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Black Gives Way to Blue

Title track is amazing.

I dunno man. It's on all Axl. We know Slash and Duff can still bring it. An out of shape, raspless, phoned in Axl will completely over shadow even the best playing from the band. And if rumors of him not even rehearsing yet are true... I have worries.

^^^^This!!    Especially after following the killer harmonies and soaring vocals of AIC

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I love AIC, and I think this is awesome they've been picked as support.

First time I've heard of them being referred to as 'stoner rock' too, but I guess the sludgy riffs of their newer albums could classify them in that genre.

But on Facelift, Dirt and their acoustic EP's, they were an amazing rock band.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I didn't mean stoner rock as an insult. I was just meaning things like "Check My Brain" - great song - sort of heavy but in a slow way.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Looks like some GNR fans who wanted Baz or reunited Skid Row involved in this shindig will disappointed. Baz just announced a solo tour.

CcqKS8dUkAARtD2.jpg

Either AIC for the whole tour or a rotating opening act that wont include him. While I loved Skid Row in my youth(Slave is a bad ass album) I was never fond of how GNR brought him aboard instantly in 06 and kept him as the opening act for years. IMO they deserved a larger artist/band.

Board footer