You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Slash and Duff working on CD II according to MSL

James Lofton wrote:

Well, the ones I can make out are pretty awesome, yes. I still have no idea what he's singing for half the song.

11day...we have a section here up above that has every GNR song listed including lyrics....

http://www.gnrevolution.com/song.php?id=3034

Yeah, I know. Aside from the first verse, which we actually have written out by Axl, the rest of it's still a best-guess by fans. And I'm not certain that those second-verse lyrics are actuallly accurate.

James Lofton wrote:

If you listen to the 99 demos of TWAT and IRS

I can go the rest of my life without hearing either of those. If there's anyone out there who doubts the need for Bucket on this project need look no further than that 99 version of IRS. Bucket turned chickenshit into chicken salad.

I like the '99 IRS; all it really needed was the Bucket solo to lift it. It's got a nicely raw feel; I'm particularly keen on the choppy, precussive Finck guitar line in the second verse that's (just) still there in the final version, buried under a layer of effects.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

I like the '99 IRS; all it really needed was the Bucket solo to lift it. It's got a nicely raw feel; I'm particularly keen on the choppy, precussive Finck guitar line in the second verse that's (just) still there in the final version, buried under a layer of effects.

This.

The backing tracks are nice n' snappy, and it wholly feels like a band in a room.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:

Aside from the first verse, which we actually have written out by Axl, the rest of it's still a best-guess by fans. And I'm not certain that those second-verse lyrics are actuallly accurate.

Indeed I think it's really this:

so give it away like they're not gonna fuck you
HOW MUCH CAN YOU PAY THEM
to come back and haunt you
TO BROADCAST YOUR FEELINGS
THAT CAUSE YOU TO SUFFER

you're startin' to bleed
AND THEY DON'T DISCOVER
before it's too late
what will you offer in ways of healing
oh, I'm so confused

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

That verse eerily coins the Guns situation as it is.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If/when Evo members notice errors in sections here, feel free to bring it up and we'll correct them. Now I need to listen to OMG since we're questioning what he's really saying. Where's davegnr2k and his magic headphones? 16

Had OMG been on CD....would the lyrics be any better than what we've come up with? 13 19

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

James Lofton wrote:

If/when Evo members notice errors in sections here, feel free to bring it up and we'll correct them. Now I need to listen to OMG since we're questioning what he's really saying. Where's davegnr2k and his magic headphones? 16

Had OMG been on CD....would the lyrics be any better than what we've come up with? 13 19

Honestly I think the best bet would be to reach out to Bumble, Ashba, Fortus, Brain... any of the (former) band members who answer e-mails, and just ask them flat-out: are these lyrics accurate?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't think any of those guys would know the lyrics would they?

Bumble learned Chinese Democracy by listening to the demos on Dell James' laptop. I would have thought most of them just had mixes with a space for their own part - so the vocals would be just as hard to hear on ours.

So did anyone else like my version? i think it's closer than what we have on the site at the moment.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

the real problem is, these guys don't seem to like talking about their time in GNR, for some reason. I'd not really bother them at all. maybe only DJ seems to be a bit open about this, but he was in the band waaaaaaay long after OMG was played. not sure what to think about the 2013 leak, it might be just an old demo with newer guitar track by Bumble (?) which is so prominent that this sounds much like some in-ear monitor track, than a normal "listenable" version.

Niterain
 Rep: 4 

Niterain wrote:
zombux wrote:

the real problem is, these guys don't seem to like talking about their time in GNR, for some reason. I'd not really bother them at all. maybe only DJ seems to be a bit open about this, but he was in the band waaaaaaay long after OMG was played. not sure what to think about the 2013 leak, it might be just an old demo with newer guitar track by Bumble (?) which is so prominent that this sounds much like some in-ear monitor track, than a normal "listenable" version.

Is that the leak with clips of other songs also or did I miss that the whole song leaked?

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

oh, yes it's only that 30 secs. the whole song isn't out, unfortunately.

Board footer