You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Slash and Duff working on CD II according to MSL

James wrote:

I don't think Ron added anything to that song. It was Bucket and I'll take the Rio version of the song over the original 'demo' version on the soundtrack.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

are you sure? that would mean this "2013 version" is in fact like 2003 version, or even older. bizarre shit. I don't like RIR version, it's dull, but it might be the poor mix and everything buried in keyboards. I still prefer the original 1999 version, because it's quite sharp and tight.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah..like with Silkworms...it was reworked at some point afterwards. Why would Ron be adding anything to this song post 2008? I was gone from the forums a few years so maybe there's info I haven't heard about. Did Ron(or DJ) claim they had worked on more of this material? I don't count snippets of wankery as working on the album....I mean legitimate additions to tracks like Ron and Frank did in 06-07.

I know about those crappy remixes(instantly dumped them) but don't remember anything being said about Ron and OMG.

zombux

zombux wrote:

I remember I read somewhere something like... this was some track Ron was using to learn the song, but it might have been fabricated. I don't remember any firm confirmation from Ron, to be honest. so yeah, it might be Bucket or even someone else, hard to say.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah..like with Silkworms...it was reworked at some point afterwards. Why would Ron be adding anything to this song post 2008?

Same reason they re-worked Better as an acoustic track with Bumble and a modern rock track with DJ both YEARS after the release.

I could speculate on why that it but who knows, probably just for the sake of doing something I'd guess. Like why not - they have to do something while they wait wink

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

zombux wrote:

the real problem is, these guys don't seem to like talking about their time in GNR, for some reason. I'd not really bother them at all. maybe only DJ seems to be a bit open about this, but he was in the band waaaaaaay long after OMG was played. not sure what to think about the 2013 leak, it might be just an old demo with newer guitar track by Bumble (?) which is so prominent that this sounds much like some in-ear monitor track, than a normal "listenable" version.

They were definitely soundchecking it in 2011 – so you'd hope they'd know the lyrics...

zombux

zombux wrote:

good point! smile

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Not trying to be obnoxious but just because the band knows how to play the songs doesn't mean they know the lyrics.

Sure they might know something obvious like the chorus, but there's not really a need for them to intricately learn every line of the verse - that bit is up to Axl to perform - they would most likely just know the structure and their own parts.

It's actually pretty lame that they sound-checked the song in 2011 but haven't managed to play it live more than 4 times and those were 15 years ago. Like i say I love the song but sometimes being a fan of this band will drive you insane.

zombux

zombux wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

sometimes being a fan of this band will drive you insane.

nah, we all must be already totally insane. ANY other band's world is not THIS crazy and complicated. 17

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

It's actually pretty lame that they sound-checked the song in 2011 but haven't managed to play it live more than 4 times and those were 15 years ago. Like i say I love the song but sometimes being a fan of this band will drive you insane.

Hard to sing I imagine.

Then again, why rehearse it if it's not being played? It isn't a hit, nor are many people dying to hear it. Yet Axl wants the band to rehearse the song before a tour.

Yeah, this band, definitely.

Board footer