You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: FYE promoting GNR discography

James wrote:

Thanks to MSL at GNRTruth

12895378_10156686233880321_193417108_n.jpg?oh=13491ac5ee3cfd48bea46e1960a28f6c&oe=56F2EE6A

Interesting.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Lies, CD?

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

I fail to see anything interesting here... gnr are relevant again... And fye is an overpriced chain store that panders to the lowest common denominator of consumers.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
deadsouth wrote:

I fail to see anything interesting here... gnr are relevant again... And fye is an overpriced chain store that panders to the lowest common denominator of consumers.

I shop there. It's one of the few places left to get actual records and CDs where I live. Never had a problem with their prices. Maybe it's different in other areas.

I see this as them trying capture some of the buzz and move some merchandise. Like any store would. Smart business.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It's notable that there's not even a picture of Chinese Democracy in the background posters on the shelf through. They've even promoted Live Era and TSI above it.....does kinda show this reunion is about a reunion rather than continuing on with Axl's band.

James

James wrote:

BLS is right. Record stores are nearing extinction and this is one of the few chains that continue to sell physical product and out of those that still do, this is one of the few out of those that would even bother to offer such a display.

Definitely capitalizing on the reunion buzz and quite frankly this is long overdue. The exclusion of CD doesn't surprise me. Where would you even place it on that display? If you make it bigger to add it, what other album goes next to it? LLAS? No one is going to stock that much less promote it.

What I find interesting isn't the lack of CD its the fact AFD and GH are the two albums being pushed the most. Pushing the GH caused them to not bother with chronological order.

That display needs to be restocked which shows all those albums are indeed selling.

GNR need a new GH/Best of on store shelves very soon.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Where would you even place it on that display? If you make it bigger to add it, what other album goes next to it?

Not saying they should stock it necessarily but there's pictures of the other albums that also arn't there so I would probably put it where the picture for "Welcome to the Videos" is.

Not surprising though seeing as Chinese isn't a Slash/Duff project. But that's all I was saying we seem to have gone back to the 1990s on this. They're not trying to pass off the newer stuff as GNR as well.

James

James wrote:

Not saying they should stock it necessarily but there's pictures of the other albums that also arn't there so I would probably put it where the picture for "Welcome to the Videos" is.

You don't want them to promote a product they sell in their stores during the biggest reunion of the decade?

Like I said, to even entertain the idea of promoting CD right now, the display has to be made bigger and you need one more GNR album/product next to it on the display.

Go check GNR official sites, social media,etc. Even check the fan sites. In this environment, which albums/DVDs would you expect to be promoted right now?

Not surprising though seeing as Chinese isn't a Slash/Duff project. But that's all I was saying we seem to have gone back to the 1990s on this. They're not trying to pass off the newer stuff as GNR as well.

Its a fair point but I wasn't expecting CD to be promoted ANYWHERE. Removal of all CD related items from the GNR store last year should have clued fans in on the direction this was going in regardless of this apparent concept of Slash and Duff joining Axl's band to continue CD.

The bread and butter has always been AFD-UYI even at the height of the CD saga yet now of all times it supposedly shouldn't be? 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The store will promote what sells. Apparently CD doesn't.

johndivney wrote:

Poor Chinese. Not even useful as a coaster..

Board footer