You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

Smoking Guns wrote:

I can see Angus now, "Hey mate, Shut up and sing..."

lance

lance wrote:
apex-twin wrote:
lance wrote:

If Axl cant make his own band which he controls run smooth how the hell can he due 10 tour dates with another band  and issues not arise ?

Because,

Guns is Axl's band. He can as he pleases. AC/DC is a separate entity, governed by musicians he respects. They have a good production machine behind them.

All Axl needs to do is to show up and sing. Otherwise, he's going to get scolded by Angus, his employer 16

I hope your right . Just dont see Axl taking orders from anyone.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Speaking of sacrilege, I think Brian is better than Bon.

I think Bon is one of those figures where because he died he's become untouchable. Not saying he had no talent, but Brian is a lot better to me and has carried the band to places I don't think Bon would have.

No Doubt Axl sounds good on the Bon tracks....but he's going to need to bring his rasp game for stuff like Back in Black, Thunderstruck, Hell's Bells....but damn it would be killer if he does.

I agree with all of this, Bon was good, but Brian brought the material to a whole new level.

I do think Brian's style of 'rasp' is easier for Axl to attain than his own classic 80's-90's era rasp. Brian's vocal technique isn't as hard on the voice as most people think. He uses his head voice almost exclusively, and while he does add a lot of distortion and compression on top of it, it means that he doesn't sing very loudly, so there's less risk of damage. Of course, he has a hoarse speaking voice to begin with, so that doesn't hurt to achieve the tone he's so famous for.

Axl on the other hand uses a forceful mixture of head and chest voice and adds distortion on top of that. That's a lot harder to do and maintain. He uses the power of his chest voice to introduce the rasp, which not only has a much higher risk of doing serious damage, it also is simply much harder to do. When he goes into Mickey-mode, that's because he can't bring enough power to the table to make his chest voice come through.

So all-in-all, I think that if Axl knows how to bring distortion to his head voice, he should be able to pull off any AC/DC track without too much of an issue.

lance

lance wrote:

I go with Eddie Trunk as real insider.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Since Axl never rehearses with Guns, maybe the AC/DC rehearsals are just a way for him to get warmed up for the GN'R shows. Get to sing with one of his heroes Angus and in a private setting. It's also a very good April Fool's joke for the rock world. Win-win all around.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

All of this is frankly shocking. I actually joked with my mother when Brian Johnson went down, "hey they should get Axl", and we both looked at each other then laughed.

Then I informed her the other day... it wasn't such a joke. She was stunned to say the least, and couldn't wrap her mind around what I was saying.

Nobody believes Axl would be apart of this. It'd be like GN'R being out there, Axl going down and Slash calling Mick Jagger to replace Axl. These things just don't happen. You don't replace Hall of Famers with Hall of Famers. It's just unheard of.

At the same time, the only way this happens imo is if Angus is simply trying to fulfill the dates and hang up the band. But then again, if you believe the rumors, Brian was handed his walking papers lightning quick, and they were anxious to be rid of him. Which means Angus is thinking of a future.

The whole thing is just bizarre. But Angus is going to need a name to replace Brian in order to continue AC/DC as a stadium act, and under that idea -- Axl makes sense.

Regardless of what happens, obviously GN'R is going on as planned.

Slash McKagan
 Rep: 11 

DROWNING POOL frontman Jasen Moreno says that Axl Rose would make a good replacement for Brian Johnson in AC/DC, provided that the GUNS N' ROSES singer "checks his ego" before going up on stage with Angus Young and Co.

Photos of Rose and members of AC/DC leaving the same rehearsal studio in Atlanta last month were posted online by TMZ, bringing speculation to a boil that Rose will act as a guest vocalist for the veteran Australian band on at least ten shows. The group had to reschedule the gigs after Johnson was told by doctors to come off the road or face a total loss of hearing.

Asked by Australia's Sticks For Stones web site if he thinks the Rose-AC/DC combination could work, Moreno said (hear audio below): "Yeah, I don't see why it couldn't. I mean, I was really big into [GUNS N' ROSES' debut album] 'Appetite For Destruction' and then I kind of lost interest after that record. AC/DC is… they're icons, man. You can't not like AC/DC.'

While acknowledging that it "is sad to hear" that Johnson may not be able to tour with AC/DC anymore, Moreno gave his "thumbs up" to the Rose-and-AC/DC pairing, explaining: "I think that, you know, if he checks his ego — and I'm not trying to talk messy; I'm just saying if he doesn't try to incorporate too much of Axl into AC/DC — then I think it could be fun. I think he just has to remember why he's there — that he's there to front AC/DC and not to be Axl Rose. But I don't know that guy, so… I mean, I don't think it's a bad thing. Axl Rose is an icon in his own right. [He's got a] similar vocal register as well. And he's got a hellacious attitude, so I'm glad they got somebody that'll be able to fill the room and not some unknown hack."

Rumors began circulating a few weeks ago that Rose would perform as a guest vocalist with AC/DC, with the story gaining traction after Atlanta Rock 100.5 host Jason Bailey claimed that a "very, very good source" confirmed to him that the collaboration was happening.

AC/DC postponed the last ten dates of its recent North American tour due to Johnson's condition, promising to make them up and possibly use "guest vocalists."

The band reportedly began meeting with potential guest singers in Atlanta, during which Rose was also spotted in the city.

Not yet known is Johnson's future status with AC/DC. Johnson has fronted the group for 36 years, but it is not clear whether his hearing issue will prevent him from performing live with them again.

Also not known is the official position of GUNS N' ROSES on Axl's possible stint with AC/DC. Three-fifths of the classic GUNS lineup — Axl, Slash and Duff McKagan —reunited for a show in Hollywood on Friday and is set to play more six concerts this month and a North American tour later this year.

The rescheduled North American dates for AC/DC have not yet been announced. The band's next confirmed shows take place in Europe in May.

DROWNING POOL's latest album, "Hellelujuah", came out on February 5 via eOne Music. The follow-up to 2013's "Resilience" was recorded with renowned producer Jason Suecof (AUGUST BURNS RED, DEICIDE, DEATH ANGEL).

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/drowni … 5rDZA5m.99

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Thank you for your input Jasen Mareno. I'm sure Angus and Axl are hanging on your every word.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

The way Axl sang on friday he is getting this gig if he wants it.

AndyShores
 Rep: 11 

AndyShores wrote:

Man, I'm glad that guy I've never heard of, from a band I could not begin to pick out because I don't know that I've ever heard one song from them, approves of what Axl does - as long as Axl follows this guy's rules.  WTF?  I realize this guy is professional musician and I have heard that band's name before, but dude, you're talking about an absolute god in your own profession - its absurd for you to even say anything more than "yes" or "no."

Board footer