You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

James wrote:

People are coming out of the woodwork to use GNR as a way to promote themselves. All you have to do is mention Axl or GNR...instant publicity.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think Axl just had his own 68 comeback. I think it's that big.
elvis-comeback-special-68.jpg

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

My guess it that he was asked to audition and accepted because he loves the band.

But I'm not sure that will end up with him actually joining the band.

There would be a lot to work out.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I would love to see Axl with AC/DC even if it is just for a show or even a few songs.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
AndyShores wrote:

Man, I'm glad that guy I've never heard of, from a band I could not begin to pick out because I don't know that I've ever heard one song from them, approves of what Axl does - as long as Axl follows this guy's rules.  WTF?  I realize this guy is professional musician and I have heard that band's name before, but dude, you're talking about an absolute god in your own profession - its absurd for you to even say anything more than "yes" or "no."

Drowning Pool had a pretty cool song in the early 2000's, "Bodies". Of course, I think they had a different lead singer at that time.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Drowning Pool had a pretty cool song in the early 2000's, "Bodies". Of course, I think they had a different lead singer at that time.

Guy who sang "Bodies" ended up dying from a heart condition.

faldor

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
faldor wrote:

Guy who sang "Bodies" ended up killing himself.

That's right. Thought there was something tragic there. Loved that song back in the day. Can't name another song of theirs, though I'm sure I've heard at least one more.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Just looked it up. I remembered wrong. He didn't kill himself. Speculation when it first happened was drugs/alcohol or suicide but it turned out he had an undiagnosed heart condition that killed him. Toxicology report was clean on drugs.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Bizarre trivia. Axl Rose destroyed GN'R because of his "vision" to sound like Nine Inch Nails while Slash and the others wanted to sound like AC/DC. 20 years later and Axl not only reunites with Slash, but joins AC/DC. You can't make up this stuff. Axl is the greatest troll in music history.

Precisely why he should do those 10 shows and roll on to a stadium tour with Guns.

It's interesting that if they go with him, they are a fire underneath their asses to shuffle 5 weeks of touring to begin in May, the latest, so that Ax can hit the June 23rd date in Detroit with Guns. The one time Axl invited to do something else, he's busy launching one of the most important tours of his career. Trolling Angus, big-time.

faldor

faldor wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Just looked it up. I remembered wrong. He didn't kill himself. Speculation when it first happened was drugs/alcohol or suicide but it turned out he had an undiagnosed heart condition that killed him. Toxicology report was clean on drugs.

I see. I always thought it was drugs or suicide. Unfortunately, the jump we usually make when a young rockstar dies.

Board footer