You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: AXL In ACDC???

polluxlm wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

As long as it's just the 10 shows and this doesn't impact the GNR stuff then I think it's awesome. In a way it'll be great PR for GNR as well providing they go ok.

Axl fronting AC/DC and back with Slash and Duff in GNR. The guys climbing back to the top of the mountain in 2016 for sure. Bowt fuckin time.

Yeah, no chance this is permanent. Probably just too good of an opportunity to pass up. Lots of free promotion for GN'R and it's also something that will be remembered in the books.

Some fucking comeback Axl got going this year. Who would have thought?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

ONE ARTICLE SAYS HE IS DOING THE US DATES..............WHICH ARE TO BE RESCHEDULED "LATER IN THE YEAR".
OR TEN DATES.......

THEN YOU LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE AND THERE ARE 12 EUROPEAN DATES COMING SOON IN APRIL

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

There could be several singers who will fill in for Brian. I wouldn't be surprised if it were in the same shows

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

A friend of mine had tickets to the Philly show, which cancelled. He said The Hives singer was reported first, now it's Axl. If it's definite, I'm a bit reserved. Would love to see it, and I feel it's a good fit.  However I don't think the fans will accept any latenesses, nor will the band. When you goto a GnR show, you anticipate it starting at 11 or midnight, when you goto ACDC, you don't want that BS.  And their fanbase is an older crowd, with families, kids, and work at 8am.  I could see this ending badly, as great as Axl in ACDC would be for me.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

However I don't think the fans will accept any latenesses,

I think a different Axl is about to surface. An Axl that sees the sands in the hourglass and wants to spend what's left of his career doing things he should've been doing 20 years ago.

A GNR on top of the world....other projects....

I'd like to see another Axl-Bruce performance or collaboration eventually.

AtariLegend wrote:

There'd have to be different singers filling in if Axl does this. If it was just finishing off the US leg and the dates weren't cancelled, it probably work fine.

Looking though at the European Tour they'd be doing and then if they're going to reschedule the US shows... well Axl would practically be spending the summer with AC/DC outside April.

It might be a bucket list thing, but there wouldn't be room for any Guns N' Roses shows until the winter.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Hopefully they get someone else and Axl just does guest spots

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

It might be a bucket list thing

James Lofton wrote:

An Axl that sees the sands in the hourglass

Regardless of the magnitude of this thing, I hope fans on neither side of the fence give him any grief. He clearly wants to come back with a massive bang. There hasn't been this much attention on him since 1991 and 2001.

He wanted to work with Trent many years ago. I hope feelers get put out for that as well....whether by Axl or Trent himself. He had prior interest in being involved in a film score....try something with that a few years down the road.

Fans have said it for years...Chinese Democracy and that 09-14 era would have been a terrible final chapter in his career. Looks like we're not even close to the final chapter.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

However I don't think the fans will accept any latenesses,

I think a different Axl is about to surface.

Honestly, I'm not seeing this. I see a coupla shows, possibly great.  Studio stuff getting tied up in butting heads, labels etc... Not sure I anticipate an album in 2017, although 2 new songs via soundtracks or just Amazon/Youtube release would be nice. That's all I'm hoping for.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

A post GNR Axl is an interesting thing yikes

Board footer