You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: AXL In ACDC???

AtariLegend wrote:

Brian's almost 70. I know this isn't a pleasant thing to say and I don't mean it to be, but is it not pushing it when half the band aren't far off the average life expectancy to keep this up?

Malcom left the band two years ago due to serious health issues at his age, Brian is in danger of losing his hearing and Rudd got convicted last year of a bunch of stuff. That leaves Angus who's 60 (yet looked like he was 50 + when I was a small child.), Cliff 66 and the current drummer who will turn 70 this year. The Rolling Stones are an anomaly.

They were a great band and legends, but do they seriously intend to tour until they're all in their grave?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Olorin wrote:

I think if this does happen Axl will only sing Bon era songs, and Brian himself will be there to sing his songs. Axls there to break up the show and reduce the stress on Brians ears imo. I just cant believe AC/DC would just throw Brian aside so quickly with no fan fare.

Even having the rest of the shows with a mix guest singers doesnt make make much sense, its AC/DC, their fans are just as ravenous as GNR fans, imagine GNR playing 10 shows without Axl? It just doesnt compute. If they play their last ever 10 shows without Brian it'll be a stain on their legacy, and for a band that gets it so right so often, I just cant see that happen.

Great post. Brian is a VERY big deal to Ac/Dc fans. They got away with malcom because of his medical condition and the "we would have wanted us to continue" thing - but the only way they could replace Brian I think would be if he Ok's he's own replacement and endorses someone else to fill in. But as it happens - he said there's a problem and the rumour is the band went "ok..here's your stuff cya"

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

They were a great band and legends, but do they seriously intend to tour until they're all in their grave?

The interesting bit is it's not for money either - they made $200m on the black ice tour - so they should be set for life.

Given they tend to take about 5 years between albums, I think most people thought this album was going to be the last hurrah.

Perhaps Angus just wants to play those last 10 dates as a farewell show. Would be hard to think you're still active and then it's over and you didn't realise your last show was your last show ever.

Although I have heard rumours from some that his plan was one more cycle. Like one last album and tour after this over the next decade. That would be ambitious but then I guess prior to this hearing thing they could all still go!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Bizarre trivia. Axl Rose destroyed GN'R because of his "vision" to sound like Nine Inch Nails while Slash and the others wanted to sound like AC/DC. 20 years later and Axl not only reunites with Slash, but joins AC/DC. You can't make up this stuff. Axl is the greatest troll in music history.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't believe for a second he'll front both bands on the same night/tour. The rumors got out of control to the point where the next chapter of it will be that both bands will simply do a three hour jam together at each concert with a mixture of GNR/ACDC songs.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Watch him do an album with AC/DC. 16

Axl Rose in AC/DC feels like a big April Fool's joke. But for some reason I have a feeling he's going to kick ass. It's long overdue.

By the way, what the hell happened to Brian Johnson? Eddie Trunk website and posts on forums seem to indicate he got fired and the medical thing isn't legit? WTF?

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

By the way, what the hell happened to Brian Johnson? Eddie Trunk website and posts on forums seem to indicate he got fired and the medical thing isn't legit? WTF?

Apparently he damaged his hearing due to race car driving without plugs rather than music. The combination of that plus recent shows has him at risk of permanent damage according to doctors. He was advised to quit immediately. The story doing the rounds says that he informed the band of this saying "I don't think it's as bad as they say" and expecting to be able to sort out a solution, but that next thing he knew, next morning Ac/Dc had put out a postponement notice in the media and sent brian all his stuff back by courier.

He was apparently devastated, as he'd expected to be able to play the shows after a break and with extra hearing protection or something.

That's the version expressed by his friend Jim Breuer - the comedian. However Jim since recanted and said he exaggerated the story and the words don't come from brian.

Mind you...to me that's not a real retraction. I think there could be some truth to it.

I just hope it's nothing worse. I remember he had a cancer scare some years back.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I'm not a hardcore AC/DC fan by any stretch,  but I enjoy some of the music and respect the band.

This would be a great gig for Axl.

Love it or hate it, its going to be interesting to see.    Looking forward to it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jim Breuer should be the full in. Axl can do Bon songs but can't do full on Brian Johnson I don't believe.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jim Breuer should be the full in. Axl can do Bon songs but can't do full on Brian Johnson I don't believe.

He can do full on Axl.   No reason he has to try to be anyone other than himself.   Regardless of the band he is fronting.

Board footer