You are not logged in. Please register or login.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

Re: 2016 Summer Stadium 'Not In This Lifetime' Tour

deadsouth wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:

Got my tix for the Philly show on the lower level.   July 14th can't come quick enough!

Did you see them during the Ashba years or were you still boycotting them? 16 15

Ha!!! I refuse to acknowledge the Ashba/Bumble years. I'm just going to attribute the last 23 years to an April Fools joke gone wrong, lol.

Heh, you and 99% of the GNR community.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:

Ha!!! I refuse to acknowledge the Ashba/Bumble years. I'm just going to attribute the last 23 years to an April Fools joke gone wrong, lol.

There, there. The first decade without Slash ('97-'07) had genuine effort and a strange kind of integrity.

But Axl's late for everything and we got that lineup I for one never bothered to see. Just felt wrong.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Reports out of Dallas that there is a plane flying a GN'R Tour banner above Cowboys Stadium. Wrestlemania is there tonight. Great promotion.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

If the NFL season was on we'd be hearing GNR snippets every few minutes.

edit: I'll never forget in 1998 during a game I heard the Locomotive intro before they went to a commercial. It was just so random and out of the blue.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
deadsouth wrote:
mrsaxlrose wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Did you see them during the Ashba years or were you still boycotting them? 16 15

Heh, you and 99% of the GNR community.

This is going to become a very common component of GNR's legacy going forward. Especially if they put out new music with touring.

I think most fans will only acknowledge the Slash/Duff-ized tracks off of Chinese, and most will just look at the 2008 release of Chinese, no different than Whitesnake fans look at 1997's Restless Heart. A David Coverdale solo album. Nothing more. Same with Axl. An Axl Rose solo album.

As far as touring goes, they'll just look at it as July 18th, 1993 to March 31st, 2016 never ever happened.

To be honest, some of the tour dates history... i'd actually kind of like some of that removed to remove the clutter. By the 2009-14 Ashba/Bumble-era they were playing all over the fucking place and random weddings and parties.

Nobody's going to give a flying fuck about remembering that in GN'R lore.

Quite a few KISS fans did the same thing in 1996. As soon as the reunion was announced, as far as they were concerned every album after Unmasked through Carnival of Souls never happened. Of course there was alot of bullshit behind the scenes tho that was gonna doom that reunion later. Hopefully GN'R won't suffer the same fate.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

So do you's think they'll play any dates in May, and what about after August?

Cant see them coming to Europe till next summer, wonder if it'll be a stadium tour as well? But if they are playing stadiums, will they even bother with the festival circuit?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's a coin toss. They did Coachella, likely could've had Lolla if they want it, and next year every festival on the planet will want them.

IMO they should take advantage of booking stadiums in EU while the demand is there. Once it goes down some, then start doing festivals.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The ads for this are all over Spotify. It's weird that GNR is acting like a real band again.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:
bigbri wrote:

The ads for this are all over Spotify. It's weird that GNR is acting like a real band again.

Bands normally communicate with the fanbase a tad....  I do agree that it's nice to see "team brasil" is able to do real promo now.

lance

lance wrote:

I am cringing saying this but Team Brazil is doing a helluva job right now .

Board footer