You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

Re: 2016 Summer Stadium 'Not In This Lifetime' Tour

sandman wrote:

I've been assuming that all of this marketing is being driven by live nation. they are the ones with the financial interest in this tour doing well, and we are seeing some common marketing techniques that have been used on other large tours.

we also have Slash and Duff in the mix, plus a rejuvenated Axl. I'm guessing they have had a say in all of this as well. 

I'm sure TB deserves some credit for helping to organize the small, on the ground type stuff (e.g. the $10 ticket giveaway), but I just can't believe that they are responsible for anything major. I think Fernando is doing small BS work behind the scenes. Dealing with Live Nation and representing Axl in some limited way. (still makes me cringe typing that.)

this is one of the biggest tours of the year. I picture TB just getting laughed at behind the scenes by the true players at Live Nation and other parties involved.

But if I am wrong, please let me know.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You're not wrong.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:

You're very likely (and hopefully) right, but they should still take it up a notch and perhaps do some interviews and talk shows as well...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

At the bar in Boston right now and EVERYONE is talking about GnR at Gillette.

Had to peacock and let everyone know I'm gonna be there on Friday in Vegas, and already have my Gillette tix!

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

The general feel and scope of the promo suggests someone much bigger than TB is behind it. The way this is being handled compared to the last few years is like night and day so far. Long may it continue.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Isn't that an interview from a year ago? tongue

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

It is? Cheeky bastards selling it like it's new.

In any case Duff's words ring true.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash did a pretty small US tour over the past 2 years and now I know why.  He didn't want over exposure in the US because he knew this tour was coming. The US tour legs for this last album was bullshit compared to the rest of the world. This had to be a factor.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Slash did a pretty small US tour over the past 2 years and now I know why.  He didn't want over exposure in the US because he knew this tour was coming. The US tour legs for this last album was bullshit compared to the rest of the world. This had to be a factor.

Good observation.

It is starting to look like this had been in the works for longer than previously thought.

Also agree that the big boys are chaperoning this shindig.

Board footer