You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: New Guns N Roses member Melissa Reese

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

At least you continue with your sexism. I'll give you that.

Melissa is not a damsel in distress that needs rescuing by a man, or a "fanboi." On the contrary, I bet if confronted by her, you'd shit your pants like a little child.

Dude...do you even know what sexism is? It's not just a blanket term to describe any moment in time where a man criticizes a woman.

I am critical of the idea that a band ever needs multiple keyboard players and/or synthesizers. Where is the sexism there?

I think there is a sexism in you feeling the need to stand up and make this a sexism issue and then champion women's rights like you're some sort of super hero.

I thought maybe if you suggest a woman sucked dick for a job, that qualifies. Thanks for clearing it up though.

Sorry but in my opinion you're just as bad as DeadSouth.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Every thread on the internet where a woman replaces a man devolves into this it seems.

How about we cool down the justice wars on both sides, or this thread has stayed out its welcome.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Dude...do you even know what sexism is? It's not just a blanket term to describe any moment in time where a man criticizes a woman.

I am critical of the idea that a band ever needs multiple keyboard players and/or synthesizers. Where is the sexism there?

I think there is a sexism in you feeling the need to stand up and make this a sexism issue and then champion women's rights like you're some sort of super hero.

I thought maybe if you suggest a woman sucked dick for a job, that qualifies. Thanks for clearing it up though.

Thanks, man. But I didn't say anything about anyone here based solely on gender. That's sexism, when your argument is ONLY about gender.

Would anyone say Slash sucked dick to get back in GNR? Doubtful.

Would anyone say Duff needs a "white night" to defend him. Doubtful.

Sorry, but in my opinion, you are worse than deadsouth. At least he owns his ignorance.

You came into this thread on some high horse expecting to educate people from your enlightened point of view. Failed.

Yeah, it's sexism, absolutely based on the definition

"prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex."

So, nice try insinuating I'm the one that is sexist because I call out people for terrible posts.

And all of this because I actually enjoyed Melissa's work before GNR. Amazing.

johndivney wrote:

Slash didn't suck dick to get back in. He lubed up & grabbed his ankles.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Thanks, man. But I didn't say anything about anyone here based solely on gender. That's sexism, when your argument is ONLY about gender.

Would anyone say Slash sucked dick to get back in GNR? Doubtful.

Would anyone say Duff needs a "white night" to defend him. Doubtful.

Sorry, but in my opinion, you are worse than deadsouth. At least he owns his ignorance.

You came into this thread on some high horse expecting to educate people from your enlightened point of view. Failed.

Yeah, it's sexism, absolutely based on the definition

"prejudice, stereotyping, or discrimination, typically against women, on the basis of sex."

So, nice try insinuating I'm the one that is sexist because I call out people for terrible posts.

And all of this because I actually enjoyed Melissa's work before GNR. Amazing.

Ohhh bigbri.....myyyyy hero

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Nice rebuttal.

Thanks for killing the topic at hand, I suppose.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

All this shitting on Melissa just because she's a woman stops now. Its ridiculous. It just screams middle aged virgin. Nothing wrong with middle aged virginity I suppose but you're not going to vent that rage here. There are some valid complaints on this topic such as the need for a 2nd keyboard player but the rest is horse shit.

Other sites are really into this approach. She's even been labeled a whore on other forums. If anyone feels the need to continue going down that road, hit the log out button and do it somewhere else. If staying here, take that shit to PMs so no one else has to read it.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

To be honest I don't think the dislike for Melissa stems from the fact she's a woman - ANY - replacement for pitman was going to be hated because there's a large contingent of people who don't want playback/synth/3rd keys player in the band.

Yes the particular insults directed at her have been gender based because that's an easy target for abuse without putting much thought in, but if it were a guy they'd be insulting some other characteristic - looks gay, bad dress sense, looks like from lord-of-rings, redhead with no soul, looks like a convict, big nose..whatever the fuck the most obvious characteristic happens to be.

Just my 2c.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I think its fine to not want a second keyboard player.   but some of the old fans look like hypocrites when they didn't say shit about Teddy the ZigZag.

I'm not sure why there has been a second keyboard player for the vast majority of the songs..  but it doesn't bother me.   You don't really notice it. 

She adds some nice harmonies, if nothing else.     Easier on the eyes than Pittman too.    And probably less expensive than Chris.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Zig zag was by far the best.  And he played a mean harmonica and looked cool as fuck and had a kick as name. Love that dude.

Board footer