You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: GNR - VEGAS, T-Mobile Arena Show, 4/8

Axlin16 wrote:
otto wrote:

It was during RiR 2011. In RiR 3(2001) the openers were Oasis. I was there smile

On topic: Stage setup is pretty boring. Seems half-assed.

I agree. I don't know if they are going for a throwback 90's, let's pick up in 1994 where we left off gimmick or what, but the first thing I noticed with that stage was "is that it?"

Seems dated, if not half-assed. I agree.

Maybe there's more digital shit with the monitors or pyro to come or something to spruce it up.

AtariLegend wrote:
johndivney wrote:

What time is it over there? 11? They be on around half past or just take it til as close to midnight as possible??

11:13:PM

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
misterID wrote:

If there was no encore then they might have had a strict time to get off stage.

Or maybe GN'R has plans to be on for a "fucking while" to quote Mr. Rose.

*fingers crossed* for all the fans there

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:
otto wrote:

It was during RiR 2011. In RiR 3(2001) the openers were Oasis. I was there smile

On topic: Stage setup is pretty boring. Seems half-assed.

I agree. I don't know if they are going for a throwback 90's, let's pick up in 1994 where we left off gimmick or what, but the first thing I noticed with that stage was "is that it?"

Seems dated, if not half-assed. I agree.

Maybe there's more digital shit with the monitors or pyro to come or something to spruce it up.

I read somewhere this is the set up they'll be using for Coachella and not the tour. That's why it seems bare bones.

johndivney wrote:

The last couple of days I've been thinking, fuck I really should've gone to these shows!

Then I see the footage & I see these guys wearing their baseball caps back to front & now I'm like, ok I don't mind so much the not going anymore.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Is the stadium full atm? I mean seats, not the tickets tongue

Yes

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Aaahhh... makes sense. Festival show setups are always more generic and bare-bones vs. artist-exclusive tours.

Thx 4 the info ID

AtariLegend wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

Is the stadium full atm? I mean seats, not the tickets tongue

Yes

Awesome.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
johndivney wrote:

The last couple of days I've been thinking, fuck I really should've gone to these shows!

Then I see the footage & I see these guys wearing their baseball caps back to front & now I'm like, ok I don't mind so much the not going anymore.

Try harder next time on the comedy

johndivney wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

Aaahhh... makes sense. Festival show setups are always more generic and bare-bones vs. artist-exclusive tours.

Thx 4 the info ID

Also it's an arena vs stadiums. Maybe whatever their set up plans are they're too big/cumbersome to squeeze into an arena.
But dunno what yous are expecting the kinda stuff the pop star's put I. Their set like artificial rain n shit? This sorta presentation is better - no parlour tricks for cheap pops, just the performance to deliver the impact.

Board footer