You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Review: GUNS N' ROSES First Official Comeback Concert

Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta be honest...

Anyone in 2016 who is paying $100-300 bucks to hear GN'R play AFD songs for the zillionth time... i'd argue isn't a real fan.

Truly

They are either casual fans, or johnny come lately kids who missed out on the old-era of GN'R and want to hear the AFD "Trinity" perform Appetite songs.

The long-time fans, the true fans of the band are there to hear UYI deep cuts, Slash & Duff Chinese remixes, or... gasp... a new song.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Have you noticed the sea change on the recent NA tours, btw?

2014: Some festivals & Vegas residency #2.
2013: Some festivals & theatres/clubs.

Late '12: Bridge School & Vegas residency #1.
Early '12: Up Close and Personal Club Tour.

Late '11: Irving Azoff Pension Fund Tour.

Only that 2011 tour features the same venues as in '02 and '06. Since then, Guns fell through as an arena band. It's a situation a bit similar to 2002, when ClearChannel declared Axl a liability and a pain in the ass.

Axl sure waited until the last minute with his ace in the hole.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I gotta be honest...

Anyone in 2016 who is paying $100-300 bucks to hear GN'R play AFD songs for the zillionth time... i'd argue isn't a real fan.

Truly

They are either casual fans, or johnny come lately kids who missed out on the old-era of GN'R and want to hear the AFD "Trinity" perform Appetite songs.

The long-time fans, the true fans of the band are there to hear UYI deep cuts, Slash & Duff Chinese remixes, or... gasp... a new song.

Hell yeah.

If you pay that sum of money to hear SCOM or WTTJ for the zillionth time, you're not really a fan. You're just going to get a kick of the late 80s, early 90s.

The long time fans are there for exactly what you describe. Chinese remixes, the mind blowing idea of Slash doing Better/TWAT/CD solos (which everyone goes nuts over, which is strikingly geeky. I did not know GNR fans were that cool).

Anyway, you're damn right.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

During last night and Friday night, people sang to every fucking song. Hard to hear dude to volume but you could tell in softer parts. Was very fucking cool to see. We were not quite South America level of singing, they are the best, but much better than 2000-2014

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

As a long time fan, it was a little crazy to see people sit during coma, but I sat through scom, so what do I know.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

As a long time fan, it was a little crazy to see people sit during coma, but I sat through scom, so what do I know.

We're getting old buzz. Had this happened 10-15 years ago we wouldn't just stand, we'd all be fighting to be right up front.

I'm listening to the show really loud and Estranged just blew my mind.

I'm also not hearing these fuck ups from Frank some are talking about but I have hearing damage so what do I know?

Well I know one thing, they should release an updated version of CD or Better and it will fly up the charts.

Props to Fortus for the end of that solo. It's clearly him on this video that is closer to the stage.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

James Lofton wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

We're getting old buzz. Had this happened 10-15 years ago we wouldn't just stand, we'd all be fighting to be right up front.

I'm listening to the show really loud and Estranged just blew my mind.

I'm also not hearing these fuck ups from Frank some are talking about but I have hearing damage so what do I know?

Well I know one thing, they should release an updated version of CD or Better and it will fly up the charts.

Props to Fortus for the end of that solo. It's clearly him on this video that is closer to the stage.

Yep.. 35 years old here and I sat the majority of the show from the seats.   Still the best show I've ever seen.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I believe the 'Best show' comments coming from forum members. It comes across in these vids. Insane set lists, band on fire, Axl singing like he means business, etc.

I wish he would sit on his throne for the whole tour. He nails every song.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Yep.. and I gotta see this again this summer.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

That's my dream. Really want a version of TIL as well.

That 5 sec leak with the high voice makes you think...that voice plus slash's new solo....would old school good.

Board footer