You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: On-stage rapport...backstage

mitchejw wrote:

I just wanted to start a topic regarding their on-stage chemistry to this point. I viewed some of the videos...wasn't sure what to make of it just yet. I am wondering if anyone has been zoning in on how they are interacting with each other on/off the stage...

Looks pretty luke warm to me TBO...what you guys seeing?

AtariLegend wrote:

I'm not sure what people are expecting with Axl on a chair most of the show. Duff/Slash will often throughout the show walk up to the chair. Axl will look in their directing and bob his head tongue.

Slash spends most of the show at his side of the stage as he did in VR (when I saw them live) apart from when he walks over to Axl's chair. There's once or twice when Slash/Duff/Fortus will stand side by side while jamming, although most of the videos focus only on what Slash/Axl are doing. Axl and Slash also walked off the stage together on the first show and seemed to be having friendly words.

1035x1044-guns-2.jpg

720x405-axl.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEBETabiIMu/

Do we want Slash to sit on Axl's knees?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I'm not sure what people are expecting with Axl on a chair most of the show. Duff/Slash will often throughout the show walk up to the chair. Axl will look in their directing and bob his head :P.

Slash spends most of the show at his side of the stage as he did in VR (when I saw them live) apart from when he walks over to Axl's chair. There's once or twice when Slash/Duff/Fortus will stand side by side while jamming, although most of the videos focus only on what Slash/Axl are doing. Axl and Slash also walked off the stage together on the first show and seemed to be having friendly words.

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2 … guns-2.jpg

http://assets.rollingstone.com/assets/2 … 05-axl.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEBETabiIMu/

Do we want Slash to sit on Axl's knees?

I guess that is part of the question in terms of what should I/we expect? I don't know if I'm being fair....I keep trying to back myself up and let the damn thing unfold.

I do have to admit though that I hadn't considered what Axl being in his chair all the time might do to the onstage chemistry...I guess I just thought that if they appeared to be enjoying themselves that it would lend well to them working together for the long haul.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

All will be revealed when or if there's an album drop I think!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Too early to tell in my opinion. Haha, sitting on Axl's knees, lol Atari.

At a Slash or VR show or Old Guns show Slash and Duff would talk to the crowd. Slash didn't have a mic and Duff didn't talk. Maybe they will at future shows. To me it still looks like Axl's band and these are his players.  It doesn't quite look like a real band yet, but overtime I hope it will. THAT SAID, The guys did look amazing up there together. The Outro to Layla was fantastic to see those 3 rock out.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Their onstage chemistry far exceeded my expectations. Looks like they are really on good terms and doing this because they want to. Don't get a cash grab feeling at all.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Everything seems very good so far to me. Axl is in a great mood, which is honestly the most important aspect of this entire thing. From the videos I've seen, they all seem to be enjoying themselves. If it was just a cash grab, you would see no smiles or interaction. Eddie Trunk went to dinner with Slash before the Vegas gigs and Slash told him everything is going great between the band members.

AtariLegend wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Everything seems very good so far to me. Axl is in a great mood, which is honestly the most important aspect of this entire thing. From the videos I've seen, they all seem to be enjoying themselves. If it was just a cash grab, you would see no smiles or interaction. Eddie Trunk went to dinner with Slash before the Vegas gigs and Slash told him everything is going great between the band members.

Oh speaking of which, I just checked.

http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/ep … id=1643263

Let's see what he says hmm.

-edit-

Says Axl busted his leg early during the Troubadour show.

Says reunions happen, because it means more people and more money.

Keeps suggesting that Axl told him stuff that he can't talk about yet, until it's announced. Eddie suggests it important.

Eddie is convinced that Axl is going to do another interview with him.

He thinks that Izzy or Adler could show up in the future for a couple of songs, but not anytime soon. Both aren't involved for different reasons.

Says Frank said feel like it's a different vibe/different band. Eddie seems to be a Frank fan.

Says he seen Maggie from The Walking Dead there.

Yada yada. Not too exciting.

Board footer