You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Axl Rose joins AC/DC

Smoking Guns wrote:

I think he sounds fine in Touch Too Much.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

TMT's a good song, too. Would go well in a Guns set as a mandatory cover, methinks.

I hear it's only been played live once before, by the Bon Scott-era band in 1979.

Like Riff Raff, it seems like a song they included because Axl wanted to belt out some of his favorite tunes.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
apex-twin wrote:

TMT's a good song, too. Would go well in a Guns set as a mandatory cover, methinks.

I hear it's only been played live once before, by the Bon Scott-era band in 1979.

Like Riff Raff, it seems like a song they included because Axl wanted to belt out some of his favorite tunes.

Riff Raff is okay but there are probably 50 AC/DC songs better than riff Raff.

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
skippy wrote:

He's walking around and his voice is getting weaker.  Sit down, Axl.

I think it's far more related to the recurrence.

He seem to be able to hold the rasp and the power but not for too long, hence why the rasp comes and goes...

I really do hope he doesn't blow his voice before the GNR tour begins or early into that tour.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

You'd think he'd have a vocal coach, by now. Angus and Duff could surely talk him into it.

He's looking at the current 13-date run with AC/DC, quickly followed by 25 with Guns - and maybe those 10 rescheduled NA dates.

That's 48 shows and around 5 months of solid touring. His opportunity to take all he picked up from '91-'93, and put it into good use.

If he be bothered to stay in shape and within a reasonable headspace, it's a career renaissance - otherwise, he'll have an egg on his face.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

It's starting to sound a bit... Eh.

Better sit back down.

Shoot To Thrill and the like are still great, though. But you can tell that he is suffering from vocal strain at this point.

I think the decision to play the songs in their original tuning (as opposed to half a step down) is doing more harm than good.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I agree...get back in that chair....or at least use it in Frisco.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Definitely think it's less the chair and more going all-out on the first few dates vocally that's making him "weaker" (I still think he sounds generally good).

He's barely moving onstage and standing upright. Being upright should make it easier for him to sing technically.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Those About To Rock sounds awful, like he's really struggling. Rest still sounds good though but there's definite signs of vocal fatigue. Not sure the chair is really the issue, he's not out of breath it's a voice thing. Needs to be quiet as a church mouse in his downtime.

AtariLegend wrote:

AC/DC still not taking breaks in between every several tracks though?

Board footer