You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: For the tour - Rules SG would have in place

jimmythegent wrote:

A lot of my musician friends who are mainly casual fans have been messaging the last week or so. Comments can be lumped into 2 categories:
- Axl sounds better than I thought he would
- who's the drummer? He sounds out of his depth, why haven't they gone with Matt Sorum
?
I think Frank has been given the nod solely out of loyalty. Sorum would be a far better option Imo

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

A lot of my musician friends who are mainly casual fans have been messaging the last week or so. Comments can be lumped into 2 categories:
- Axl sounds better than I thought he would
- who's the drummer? He sounds out of his depth, why haven't they gone with Matt Sorum
?
I think Frank has been given the nod solely out of loyalty. Sorum would be a far better option Imo

This....  The Sorum/Adler show is what it should be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That's your problem.

And I have yet to hear one legit review complain about the drumming.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's your problem.

So only someone from a big news organization can call it out but if it is a fan it is a troll.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

That's your problem.

So only someone from a big news organization can call it out but if it is a fan it is a troll.

No, it's so minute it's not even worth arguing about. The people who have said they noticed him playing faster, people who's opinion I respect, also said it was no big deal. And its obviously not effecting anyones enjoyment or experience at the shows, except you.  16

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That's because hardcore fans are the people paying close attention to things like that. One of these guys would have to do massive fuck ups that cause songs to be stopped for the media to focus on it.

IMO the sky isn't falling. I've heard much worse performances the past 15 years. Go listen to Inland Invasion and then listen to Vegas/Coachella 2016. Listen to Fortus butcher the Madagascar solo. Take into account some fans said this specific performance of it topped Bucket's. Listen to other songs at this show as well. YOu will then praise this current lineup from the highest mountain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxYO_l8xYsI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_1O4CGI3oY

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I did notice at Coachella the tempo was way up on some songs.    Maybe it was a curfew thing?   

It wasn't something I really noticed in Vegas.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

I did notice at Coachella the tempo was way up on some songs.    Maybe it was a curfew thing?   

Vegas 2nd night was really awesome. I agree with you

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I don't think Axl ever *really* ever got used to in-ear, but that's just my hunch...

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

Vegas 2nd night was really awesome. I agree with you

I was only at the first night.. no complaints.    Only thing I noticed was Axl played the intro to November Rain super fast, but once Frank came in, he slowed down.

From what I saw, I do agree the second night was better.   

Hope we get some good footage from Mexico.. and more pro-shot from Coachella.    These are really warm ups tho, for the main tour this summer.

Board footer