You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Axl/DC - Soon is the word.

apex-twin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve2atG5DeOc

Axl's got a fortnight after wrapping up Coachella to take on the highly lucrative Rock or Bust tour with Angus Young and AC/DC. He's stepping into some big boots - turning into the Buckethead of AC/DC, maybe. The way Brian Johnson has been rolled out the door in favor of Axl has undoubtedly put a lot the bands fans against Axl, even if most of the blame falls on Angus.

With any luck, Axl's ditched the Iron Throne by then. I'd expect him to be stationary for the most part, tho. He may actually be better off by letting Angus jump around and simply focus on delivering the vocals. I was wondering, whereabouts do we stand with these developments? Do you folks see this as the cherry on top of the big cake, or is it a terrible idea that may end up in tears?

Axl/DC - Your sentiments.

Excited! Really, Axl & Angus - bring it on! 65%
Interested, if only because Axl's in the band. 19%
Indifferent. Waiting on Guns. 12%
Dislike - Axl should've said no out of respect for Brian. 4%
Complete bollocks, a cash-grab and a disgrace. 0%
Total votes: 26
monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I voted excited as I think it will kick ass musically.

It's hard for me though as I'd say my top favourite lead singers are Axl, Steven Tyler, and Brian Johnston. Additionally Brian is by all accounts a complete gentleman - so it's heartbreaking to hear of Brian's health issues, and anger-inspiring to hear the suggestion that Angus isn't treating him like he should.

In terms of GNR I see this as a risk. Not because Axl can't do it - as with his current form I think he will smash it out of the park - but because of how sensitive it seems Axl is to negativity and positivity with fans. At the moment Axl seems to be on a high and almost all our fan base is positive about him reuniting with Slash. However ACDC may be a hostile audience the likes of which he hasn't seen since Slash first left. So I hope he's psychologically prepared for a bit of fan abuse and media scorn.

Hopefully the fact that he loves the band himself will help, also hopefully the people who do go to the shows are the people who are open to letting this happen and the truely angry people will have got refunds.

So I'm worried about it because it's crazy. But I also think it's going to be great.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

"It wasn't pretty… but it was pretty awesome!"

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Well...tbh I've never been an acdc fan...until recently when I rediscovered the bon scott era and started studying angus a little bit on guitar

I'm pretty excited actually...I watched the riff raff vid...w a s good

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I voted excited. I see the sense of urgency in the decision. He can look back on the past 20 years and see the massive void in his career. He spent his prime years as an artist hibernating in a Chinese cave. He now woke up in his early 50s and the window is slowly closing on him. He's now doing things that should have happened in his 30s....GNR being a major act again....taking on a big project at the same time....hopefully albums being released now that he's crawling through that window.

Once the AC/DC chapter is finished I hope he plans on multitasking with other projects. He is simply too talented to just perform material from 87-93 with a few CD songs added into the equation.

new GNR material....solo songs.....joining a supergroup.....he's at a point where all options are on the table for the next 10 years. He has to keep himself out there though. His career cannot endure another silent era.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

I'm fucking pumped.

It's getting a bunch of new songs with Axl.     AC/DC is a legendary rock band with some great tunes.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Excited. Worst case scenario he blows out his voice and we're stuck with Mickey Mouse the rest of this year. Best case scenario is he dominates the AC/DC gigs and it creates even more positive buzz for the GN'R tour.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Has there been any legit rumblings of GNR or Axl/DC actually becoming something in the studio? If no new material comes out of all of this, it was just a giant frenzy for a giant tour, but to those of us who are nowhere near any of these shows, it's a lot of hullabaloo for YouTube videos.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As for Axl/Dc in the studio....

1995: Ballbreaker
2000: Still Upper Lip
2008: Black Ice
2014: Rock or Bust

The model is to do an album then a 2 year world tour then take 3 or so years off.

So if Axl/DC was going to drop a record I think we wouldn't expect it until 2021 or so.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I wonder if today's sad news will make the AC/DC fans gain some perspective. Life is short and this is only rock and roll we're talking about. Be grateful Angus is still able to kick ass on stage and give Axl a fair shake. Just have to see how it goes.

Board footer