You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Any Rumors on Opening Acts?

PaSnow wrote:

I agree with others.  AIC, I would really love Black Crowes, & Kravitz would be ok but I'm not sure how well that would work. Maybe.

I'd really rather it not be Bach or Skid Row.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Alice in Chains was a great idea.

Not sure why everyone seems to dislike Baz, he's a great frontman and his songs can really rock live even if they're not trendy anymore. Have a beer and listen to the pinch harmonics as Baz screams out "Big Guns" - it might be old fashioned but there was some fun in that sound that's for sure.

I'd also be interested in something a little different too like Rob Zombie.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I am thinking if the shows sell out just with the GN'R name, they should just let The Cult be the opener for the tour. It's a good fit musically and would be a good full circle for both bands.

I like The Cult. Don't listen to them anymore but owned their albums back in the day. I don't really want them as the opener but in this situation the opener barely even matters. Everyone is going for the headliner. I can live with it but would prefer someone else. I'm hoping in 2017-18 they either go on a co headlining tour or get a major act for the opening alot.

Sebastian Bach is a bigger draw than a Skid Row without him.    He did well as the opener in 2006.

The Skid Row name is of such little value now. GNR fans used to talk about Axl running the name into the ground....imagine how hardcore Skid Row fans felt about what Snake and Bolan did to Skid Row. They've done so much damage to it I'm not even sure Baz coming back would give them much of a boost. It would be mentioned in various music outlets for a week and then back to the bowling alleys and pizza parlors. Opening for GNR would give them tons of exposure but I doubt it would help in the grand sheme of things.

So it needs to be a band with no current plans, and I hate to say it again, but AIC makes just too much sense. They are a draw, but not enough of a draw to detract from GnR. Literally the perfect sized/dated act.

I'm in agreeance at this point. I was expecting them to do what the Stones do with their openers but since it doesn't look to be the case, I can handle AIC.

I'd also be interested in something a little different too like Rob Zombie.

Make it a White Zombie reunion and I'd be interested.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

The Skid Row name is of such little value now. GNR fans used to talk about Axl running the name into the ground....imagine how hardcore Skid Row fans felt about what Snake and Bolan did to Skid Row. They've done so much damage to it I'm not even sure Baz coming back would give them much of a boost. It would be mentioned in various music outlets for a week and then back to the bowling alleys and pizza parlors. Opening for GNR would give them tons of exposure but I doubt it would help in the grand sheme of things.

It is strong testament to the quality of Guns' music and the loyalty of the fanbase that Axl did everything he could to drag it down and yet here they are potentially on the verge of fulfilling the prophecy everyone said about them in the late 1980's ("they could be the next Rolling Stones").

chad4bama
 Rep: 2 

chad4bama wrote:

I'd probably just skip the opener if it was The Cult or Kravitz.  Alice in Chains...so-so.

I'd be excited to see the Black Crowes or even Bach as a solo act.  A Skid Row reunion combined with GN'R would blow the lid off the place.

The "easiest" choice that could readily happen would be the Black Crowes...that would be really solid.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Maybe a return of Suicide Girls wink

AtariLegend wrote:

RE: Skid Row

SEBASTIAN BACH Says GUNS N' ROSES Reunion Surprised Him

During a brand new interview with Billboard.com, former SKID ROW singer Sebastian Bach — who has toured with Axl Rose a number of times — was asked if the GUNS N' ROSES frontman's reunion with Slash surprised him. He responded: "Yes. Yes, it did. But I always thought that if you can go through my interviews and bullshit, all of the animosity from Axl towards Slash or anybody else in GUNS N' ROSES, he would hang out and we would drink a lot of booze and talk about bullshit, this and that, but at the end of every single night going into the early morning or late afternoon [laughs], he would always say, 'But Baz, never say never.' He would always end the night with a 'but you never can tell, you know, maybe someday.' One part of me was surprised and the other part was not surprised."

Back in 2011, Bach told the QMI Agency about the GUNS 'N ROSES singer: "Axl is one of a kind. I was too young to ever see THE DOORS but when I see old footage of Jim Morrison on stage, Axl has that kind of danger thing going on when he steps up to the mic. He's pretty fascinating."

He also spoke about his first meeting with Axl Rose back in 1989 when SKID ROW was opening for AEROSMITH at the L.A. Forum. He said: "Axl came down to do the song 'Train Kept A Rollin'' with Steven Tyler and he didn't know the words, and he came to my dressing room and he goes, 'Do you know the words to this?' and I go, 'Yes, I do!' So I sat down there with him. That was a crazy night."

In anticipation of his upcoming book, "18 And Life On Skid Row", Bach will embark on a U.S. spring tour that will incorporate an intimate acoustic set followed by a full electric live show. The tour kicks off on April 27 in Jacksonville, Florida and wraps up in Salt Lake City on June 3.

Bach's upcoming memoir "18 And Life On Skid Row" is now set for a June 28 release through Dey Street Books (formerly It Books), an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.

Source: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/sebast … rised-him/

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Black Crowes would be a great choice. I have never wanted Baz/Skid Row involved. I was a fan back in the day but I'd rather they go a different route.

Having said that, it's truly amazing that Skid Row isn't willing to let bygones be bygones and make up with Baz so they can potentially open stadiums. It's better than bowling alleys.

Welcome to the forum. 5

Ugh... I would consider selling my ticket if Black Crowes open the show. I've just never, ever, cared for their vocalist, and if they open, i'd probably skip the opener.

My personal choices...

I am PRAYING for Alice In Chains. Never seen them live, and it would be an amazing 1-2 punch to see my favorite band ever, and my 2nd favorite band ever on the same ticket.

My choices:

Alice In Chains
Soundgarden
The Cult
Sixx:AM (80's connection to Crue, DJ connection to Guns, current rock band on the scene)
Rob Zombie (wouldn't be opposed to this, but I think Rob & GNR's crowd are different groups)

Lesser known choices:

Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown
Blackberry Smoke
Texas Hippie Coalition
Monster Truck

Dream choices:

White Zombie reunited
Skid Row w/ Sebastian Bach
Whitesnake w/ Doug Aldrich

Also... if the band decides to go with 2 openers similar to past shows, an older and a newer, smaller name, I think a neat choice would actually be LA Guns (hold laughter). Seriously, after all the numerous lineups, Phil Lewis & Tracii Guns have recently reunited on the LA Guns lineup and are currently touring actually. For all the old school GN'R fans, LA Guns might be a neat add, if they also add a newer act on the bill.

Plus with all the crazy shit that has gone on this year, it'd be pretty neat to see Tracii Guns invited back on stage to do a 2016 version of "Shadow of Your Love". A long-lost GN'R gem.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I'd really rather it not be Bach or Skid Row.

Already agreed but really agree after watching this....

I don't even understand my own dislike. I liked Skid Row's debut, LOVED Slave to the Grind, liked the song Into Another from Subhuman Race, but he just isn't my cup of tea anymore.

I also didn't like his constant hype of CD for two years.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

So Bach is playing the dive bar circuit these days. Pretty sad.

Board footer